D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6603|Sin City

We could all learn a lot from this guy, take 10 minutes of your time and watch the video.

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Saw it when it aired on ABC. And people think Obama's a dynamic speaker with a message...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6603|Sin City

FEOS wrote:

Saw it when it aired on ABC. And people think Obama's a dynamic speaker with a message...
Fo' sure. I feel bad for his kids.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

D6717C wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Look at it this way: They got to experience living with and being influenced by the guy. It sucks to lose him so early in life, but they were immensely lucky to have him around as much as they did.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6603|Sin City

FEOS wrote:

D6717C wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Look at it this way: They got to experience living with and being influenced by the guy. It sucks to lose him so early in life, but they were immensely lucky to have him around as much as they did.
Very true, it's just unfortunate that a guy like him is dying with 3 kids when there are loser parents out there that don't care about their children. But I agree, they are still lucky to have him.
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
I will be a better person for having heard it, assuming I act on what I've learned.
13rin
+977|6449

D6717C wrote:

FEOS wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Very true, it's just unfortunate that a guy like him is dying with 3 kids when there are loser parents out there that don't care about their children. But I agree, they are still lucky to have him.
Yea. Good message. If it were me though, I would be at home with my family not out giving more lectures.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Saw it some time ago, excellent video, he really is a dynamic speaker.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Top notch video and great advice.  My grandpa passed on after pancreatic cancer spread to his liver.  Healthiest man I knew, too.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Suddenly my life doesn't suck quite so hard.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

His credibility went out the window when he said we landed on the moon.

Pretty touching.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6603|Sin City

ATG wrote:

Suddenly my life doesn't suck quite so hard.
My thoughts exactly.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
Wow that was horribly sad, i remember hearing his lecture taped at the college.

Good news is hes still alive!

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html

What a man, its a shame that such a respectable man has to die, but there are so many who live...
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
Thanks for the karma D6717C, But i think the only one who deserves karma at this time is Randy Pausch.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Raga86
+6|6456
Very powerful speech.

I'm amazed that he could hold himself together so well. Shame that someone like that has to go sooner when he probably could have done so much more if he was allowed to live a "normal" lifespan.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6628|South West England
That was very inspirational, I gotta say.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6603|Sin City

XanKrieger wrote:

Glad you guys liked to too. I figure if watching this helps somebody live their life in a better way even the slightest bit then that's a good thing.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6628|South West England

D6717C wrote:

XanKrieger wrote:

Glad you guys liked to too. I figure if watching this helps somebody live their life in a better way even the slightest bit then that's a good thing.
Quite right, showed it to a few non bf2s'ers as well, they thought quite highly of it also. He does bring up alot of points that people could learn alot from, obviously
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard