Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
It seems there are people on this forum who do not facepalm or get angry when they see others deriding bunnyhopping. Besides the fact that it's not actually bunnyhopping as you cannot jump properly more than once, there are no reasons I can think of to ban it. The ability to jump once is realistic. It is not unfair. It barely makes it harder to get shot.

Out of all the things to blame your failures on, why bunnyhopping?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
13rin
+977|6481
Did someone recently, repeatedly kill you your while you were hopping about?  You have 940 karma.  You haven't come across this topic before here?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dwit
+34|6512

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Did someone recently, repeatedly kill you your while you were hopping about?  You have 940 karma.  You haven't come across this topic before here?
Probably the other way around, he was owning to hard so the started bitching about bunnyhopping.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6577|London

Lucien wrote:

It seems there are people on this forum who do not facepalm or get angry when they see others deriding bunnyhopping. Besides the fact that it's not actually bunnyhopping as you cannot jump properly more than once, there are no reasons I can think of to ban it. The ability to jump once is realistic. It is not unfair. It barely makes it harder to get shot.

Because OMG it's unrealistic/nooby/cheap/cheating/notintendedbydevelopers/cozidontplayforskillzjustfun/skillzorshavenolife

DBBrinson1 wrote:

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Lucien wrote:

Its gay, lame, cheesy, stupid, retarded, and idiotic.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Who thinks this guy thinks this topic is about BF2?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Some people just cant cope that you can kill them and they cant kill you. So they say noob to whatever you do. Even though they are the ones getting owned.
13rin
+977|6481

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Who thinks this guy thinks this topic is about BF2?
Does it matter?  Is bunny hopping that much different?  I didn't think so.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6437

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Does it matter?  Is bunny hopping that much different?  I didn't think so.
You obviously have never jumped twice in a row. Give it a try sometime and then tell me how it isn't "that much different".
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

I don't understand either.  It's called trying to stay alive, which, believe it or not, is a fundamental aspect of the game.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-02-26 11:22:16)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead
I bunny hop in every game I own. CoD4 gives the least advantage.

And people you complain saying: "Don't bunny hop I can't hit you"
WHY DO YOU THINK I'M DOING IT?!?

Seriously some people are fucktards. Most games you either can't shoot or it becomes very inaccurate whilst jumping. Do I have the advantage of shooting you easily? No!
Can you still hit me by slightly modifying your aim? Yes

Go die in a fire fucking whiners.

Then get revived.

And die in another fire.

Then be revived again to watch your family die in a fire.

Then die again.

After being raped by a large black man.

Fuck you.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

Pete calm down!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51
Its not TACTICAL! Or so have I been told by a dozen r-tard clans. Doesnt anyone hate the 'tactical' servers. Came across one that didnt allow actual running, except when running from a nade. Wtf, running from cover to cover is tactical

I hardly care though, I do it myself as well, just a reflex from BF2

Last edited by RDMC (2008-02-26 11:35:29)

CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6769|Tenn
stand still so i can shoot you. yea thats likely
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6238|Uk
it was a bit gay on BF2 coz it sometimes fuckered up the hitboxes, it doesnt do that on cod4 so it really doesnt matter at all
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681
I playe hard core for 7 months straight. I think I can still count on one hand how many times I got killed by a bunny hopper. Never bothered me at all. After 8 patches i tossed bf2 in the microwave for 30 seconds and hung it on the wall. I'll never buy an EA on-line game again.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

jonnykill wrote:

I playe hard core for 7 months straight. I think I can still count on one hand how many times I got killed by a bunny hopper. Never bothered me at all. After 8 patches i tossed bf2 in the microwave for 30 seconds and hung it on the wall. I'll never buy an EA on-line game again.
lol it hasnt been out 7 months...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Vilham wrote:

Some people just cant cope that you can kill them and they cant kill you. So they say noob to whatever you do. Even though they are the ones getting owned.
ummmm.......or some people think it looks gay and is lame.
Nakamp
+25|6196|Czech Republic

Omg. This is bunnyhopping, nothing else. And it looks great and is also really hard to do
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada
"omg u noob u dont see reel soldierz jumping in reel lyfe do u???!!!11!!!11!"

The only time I really jump under fire (in any video game) is when I jump behind cover, or when I'm running (in CSS mostly) and I see an enemy, I might jump once to throw him off, then shoot his face off when I land.

I don't jump repeatedly around though. In CoD, it's just impossible, and in other games, it's pointless.
NantanCochise
+55|5980|Portugal/United States
This is really the fault of the developers. BF2 can be called a combat simulator, therefore seeing soldiers bunnyhopping looks stupid and unrealistic. Yes, there are many things if BF2 that are unrealistic but please, seeing some guy running around bunnyhopping trying to avoid getting shot looks so lame. Funny thing is I constantly seeing them getting owned. Why not duck behind objects and hide around walls. One thing you learn in the military is to always use the terrain to your advantage, never engage out in the open. I have noticed that more mature and older players do not bunnyhop. Unforunatley there are a lot of kids playing these games and they really dont understand nor care for realism. If Hillary wins the election than maybe she will raise the age for violent games to adult (remember she was really big on censorship for music, tv and film). yippi, lol...

Last edited by NantanCochise (2008-02-26 13:49:05)

BRiiNDED
+137|6126

Nakamp wrote:

Omg. This is bunnyhopping, nothing else. And it looks great and is also really hard to do
poeple still call that bunnyhopping?

thats strafejumping, continually, in quake everyone and anyone does it. but yeah it can be called bunnyhopping, strafejumping is all about getting speed, and being able to jump further

Last edited by Death_Brinded_Pro (2008-02-26 13:57:18)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
Jumping, Strafing, proning, crouching while getting shoot at is great. Without these perks it would be extremely silly. If you want realism donĀ“t play a game.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
You can't really bunnyhop in CoD4, so i'm not fussed.

Plus, any half decent player with the hand-eye co-ordination of a 2 year old could bring down a bunny hopper in BF2, so it wasn't exactly a problem there either.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Defiance
+438|6673

Because people suck (or, for the faint hearted, cant defend against the tactic) they want to blame it on anything other then themselves.

/topic, please?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard