Poll

Which Scenario is more likely to Happen? (Read Before Answering)

Apocalypse Now15%15% - 5
Mad Max12%12% - 4
Partition25%25% - 8
Let's Make a Deal15%15% - 5
They're all BS31%31% - 10
Total: 32
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682
sadr needs to die.  the shiites will be pissed for a while. the kurds will keep autonomy.  there will be an eventual agreement between the sunnis and shiites for oil revenues.   the US will always have some kind of military presence.  like germany. like korea.  like japan. like kuwait.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6443|North Carolina

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

lulz...............what?

And you bitch about the dailymail.
Are you saying the article sucks?

Who gives a fuck about the source, as long as the content is factual, or with this article, an open minded assessment of something.
Ya eh?  Where the fuck are you when people go "zomg fox news" and "zomg this or that?"
Are you suggesting that Mother Jones is just as sensationalized as Fox News and The Daily Mail?  If you are, then you need to read more Mother Jones.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-02-25 13:45:52)

imortal
+240|6703|Austin, TX
There is a difference between sensationalizing news (which, admittedly, is what all of the 24 news agencies are guilty of), and biased news reporting.  At least it is blatent, and is not some of the more subtle, reasonable sounding, news reports that skew one way or the other and try to pretend they are "neutral."
Turquoise
O Canada
Well, I'll put it this way...  How is it any worse that Mother Jones report the way they do than it is that lobbyists for the defense industry continually prod our government into war?

Someone has to fight the hawkish interests that run our government.  If not the media, then who?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6261|Escea

usmarine wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine wrote:

fire for effect!
splash, over
I think we need to bring it within 50 meters on this forum.
Dangerclose
imortal
+240|6703|Austin, TX

Turquoise wrote:

Well, I'll put it this way...  How is it any worse that Mother Jones report the way they do than it is that lobbyists for the defense industry continually prod our government into war?

Someone has to fight the hawkish interests that run our government.  If not the media, then who?
(highlights are mine; they were not put there by turquoise.)
Those little items are propaganda trying to masqurade as fact.  Ok, beliefs, then.  But they are simply viewpoints.

Last edited by imortal (2008-02-25 14:15:31)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6728|Tampa Bay Florida

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Those little items are propaganda trying to masqurade as fact.  Ok, beliefs, then.  But they are simply viewpoints.
Well its pretty naive to think otherwise, no offense.  Its why our government has been even more fucked up than usual lately.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6795|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine wrote:

But they are way off.  It appears the person who wrote that has never been to Iraq.
this is the part where somebody is going to say

"so we have to go to a warzone in order to know whats going on blah blah blah blah blah blah dont cry for me blah blah blah"

pre-emptive strike.
fire for effect!
Maybe we don't know about Iraq as much as you two Colin Powell and David Petraeus, but the article have some views that sound interesting to say the least.  Even if it's from mothergoose like you said marine.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-02-25 14:40:10)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6728|Tampa Bay Florida
I agree with serge, you didnt have to be a dick about it marine.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

this is the part where somebody is going to say

"so we have to go to a warzone in order to know whats going on blah blah blah blah blah blah dont cry for me blah blah blah"

pre-emptive strike.
fire for effect!
Maybe we don't know about Iraq as much as you two Colin Powell and David Petraeus, but the article have some views that sound interesting to say the least.  Even if it's from mothergoose like you said marine.
Im Powell

and there is no maybe about it, you dont.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-25 15:19:55)

Turquoise
O Canada

Spearhead wrote:

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well its pretty naive to think otherwise, no offense.  Its why our government has been even more fucked up than usual lately.
Pretty much, but I guess it's just "business as usual" to certain people.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6795|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

fire for effect!
Im Powell

Of course I don't, I never pretended otherwise.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Im Powell

"maybe" implies that there is a possibility.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6795|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Im Powell

Well, I'm not a natural English speaker, so forgive the misuse of the word.  Change maybe for sure.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Well, I'm not a natural English speaker, so forgive the misuse of the word.  Change maybe for sure.
I know spanish too. no excuse.
PluggedValve
+17|6378
They seem like pretty realistic outcomes regardless of the percentages.  But im "left wing".  So i probably don't know what realistic is, right, Gunsinger and USMarine?? 

Just wondering if anyone in here HAS been to Iraq, other than at war time?/  If so perhaps share what Iraq was like during times of peace.  Either before or after first Gulf War.

There are definetely some more positive "possibilities" that could happen.  They are just very unlikely to happen.  Lets hope one way or another things all work out for the better, doubtful as it may be.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

PluggedValve wrote:

They seem like pretty realistic outcomes regardless of the percentages.
no, not really.

I sure took the thunder out of a lot of posters it seems.
seems like the generic response button doesnt work with this one.  the fact is, no, they dont seem like realistic scenarios.  they seem like movie plots.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-25 15:43:42)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6795|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Que tipo culto que eres GS, la verdad sorprendes cada vez mas con tus conocimientos generales, que suerte tienes.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6567|Global Command

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sadr needs to die.  the shiites will be pissed for a while. the kurds will keep autonomy.  there will be an eventual agreement between the sunnis and shiites for oil revenues.   the US will always have some kind of military presence.  like germany. like korea.  like japan. like kuwait.
Do you have to be right ALL of the time?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Que tipo culto que eres GS, la verdad sorprendes cada vez mas con tus conocimientos generales, que suerte tienes.
condescension is a universal language

ATG wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

not at all, just seems to work out that way

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-25 15:54:46)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6795|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

condescension is a universal language

ATG wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

not at all, just seems to work out that way
Yup, I must stop being condescendent with you.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6800

Spearhead wrote:

I agree with serge, you didnt have to be a dick about it marine.
oic.  We can bash fox and other sources, but not this one.  Copy that.  I also bash the article, not just the source.
san4
The Mas
+311|6726|NYC, a place to live

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Why would the shiites make an agreement with the sunnis to share oil revenues?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

san4 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

why was a sunni in charge of a shiite majority for nearly 30 years?
san4
The Mas
+311|6726|NYC, a place to live

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

san4 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

why was a sunni in charge of a shiite majority for nearly 30 years?
Violence + fear + oil money. And Iran stayed out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard