VIPERtwosix
+2|6689|LGCA
i searched this topic and didnt find anything good.

So, to the topic ^^^.

When i load the bombs, the reticle has a circle in the middle, and two perpendicular line ______________
                                                                                                                                           |
                                                                                                                                           |
like so.  of course with the circle in the middle.  How do i aim with this so my bombs, mighty TWO bombs now, are more accurate?
please help.
thank you.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6788|The United Center
there have always been two bombs in the fighters.

just practice it.  go on single player and fly the jets...practice until you get the feel for it.
Neuronal
+0|6828|Michigan, USA
Thats a pretty good guide with video, helped me a lot. the guide is for flying a plane in bf2 it have also a section how to bomb right. check it out

http://www.bf2player.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6881

|  <<< the tip of this is where the bomb will probably hit.remember to release @ an angle!
                 |
                 |
BSF
+1|6787
I think I am quite good at bombing and I don`t use that T-Crosshair at all.
Try coming steeply from high above and drop bombs                                                                                           late.
Moving targets are of course not that easy to hit.
Neuronal
+0|6828|Michigan, USA
but it depends how fast and ond your altitude
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6788|The United Center

Neuronal wrote:

but it depends how fast and ond your altitude
thats why i said practice.

eventually youll get a feel for it.

planes and bombing are probably the hardest thing to master.  there are a lot of people who are terrible with them and a lot of people who are decent...but very few who are actually good.  how did those people get very good?  by spending a lot of time in jets practicing.
VIPERtwosix
+2|6689|LGCA
Thank you everyone for helping me out, appreciate it.
Oh, and if i were to get a flight stick, which one is the best one?
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6793|Leipzig/Germany

VIPERtwosix wrote:

i searched this topic and didnt find anything good.

So, to the topic ^^^.

When i load the bombs, the reticle has a circle in the middle, and two perpendicular line ______________
                                                                                                                                           |
                                                                                                                                           |
like so.  of course with the circle in the middle.  How do i aim with this so my bombs, mighty TWO bombs now, are more accurate?
please help.
thank you.
is this of any importance after the latest patch ;-)
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6694

VIPERtwosix wrote:

Thank you everyone for helping me out, appreciate it.
Oh, and if i were to get a flight stick, which one is the best one?
i use the saitek cyborg evo....its around 40 bucks...and it pwns..it has an adjustable throttle...and three total axis... so u can bank and turn in one liquid motion....

alot of guys use it...i def recomend this one
kalas
+-1|6689

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

|  <<< the tip of this is where the bomb will probably hit.remember to release @ an angle!
                 |
                 |
not really because it has to do with the altitude of the plane
FSFGrimes
+1|6782
Oh I wish the jets had a CCIP!

Its all about practice man. If you have a joystick just load up SP and map a button so its the rearview look after you drop them see where they landed and keep trying. Use the fighters to learn how to bomb, anyone can hit anything when they are in the "bombers"
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6874
I just go by the feel through my experience. I pay no attention to the reticle. after a lot of practice you just know where they will land  depending on your altitude and your angle.
so, practice. Go into an empty server and bomb tanks. Or have a friend drive around in them and bomb him so you know when you kill him.
Chris0478
+0|6686
Anybody flying planes and helicopters without a flight stick? I only play with mouse and keyboard, is it possible to become any good at it with that configuration?

About single player, after patch 1.12 my single player doesnt even work anymore, when it start loading a map it crashes to the desktop.
kingkong777
+-1|6710
?
i use the Cyborg Evo Force, it was terrible with me
bf2 doesn't support joysticks doesn't it?
i mapped the buttons and axis through the saitek programming software but every thing wasn't senstive enough
please help!
if bf2 does support joystcik where is it
if through saitek program can u send me ur profile?

Last edited by kingkong777 (2006-02-17 01:33:58)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6762|Sydney, Australia

Chris0478 wrote:

Anybody flying planes and helicopters without a flight stick? I only play with mouse and keyboard, is it possible to become any good at it with that configuration?

About single player, after patch 1.12 my single player doesnt even work anymore, when it start loading a map it crashes to the desktop.
I fly with my keyboard. Avaitor K/D of 6 so I guess its ok.

Morgan's right on the money when he sais you will get a feel for it. Just keep practicing and practicing.

I am mainly a "fighter man" but I want to get a feel for the F-15 and the MEC bomber. The only trouble is cause i have SF, I cant load up the vanilla maps as a multi or single player game. I only have the option of SF maps. Anyone know how I can change back to the other maps for some practice?
FSFGrimes
+1|6782

kingkong777 wrote:

?
i mapped the buttons and axis through the saitek programming software but every thing wasn't senstive enough
please help!
just go into the BF2 settings>controls>airplanes and make sure the joystick is all plugged in and set it in-game. and map everything so it feels natural.

Trigger = guns
3 buttons for my thumb are afterburner, swap weapons, and 2ndary fire
4 buttons at the base are for flares and different views
just get as much as you can on the flight stick so you dont have to worry about using the keyboard
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6874

FSFGrimes wrote:

kingkong777 wrote:

?
please help!
just go into the BF2 settings>controls>airplanes and make sure the joystick is all plugged in and set it in-game. and map everything so it feels natural.

Trigger = guns
3 buttons for my thumb are afterburner, swap weapons, and 2ndary fire
4 buttons at the base are for flares and different views
just get as much as you can on the flight stick so you dont have to worry about using the keyboard
My buttons are the opposite. Thumb buttons are switch weapons, secondary fire, and switch views(rear view, flyboy, and cockpit) and then the base buttons are flares and afterburner.
Of course, I've played like this since BF42 so it's whatever you feel is the best.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6735|Vancouver BC Canada
Bombing takes practice, I tend to bomb during a steep dive for armor or a shallow dive for infantry/light vehicles to maximize the area. Also when your diving, as in still pushing the stick fwds, your 2 bombs will usualy land even closer together, as it steepens the later released bombs trajectory so it doesnt fly as far.

I dont even use the crossheirs its all by feel, dont forget to use your vulcan on APCs/Tanks. Hold a bead on them then pull up and start your dive as you get close then bombs away!! The Vulcan is usualy enough to make sure that Armor is good and dead! Works well on wake, lotsa open space.

Of course i wouldnt recomend learning to bomb on a ranked server, the AA will now rip you to shreds **shakes fist @ EA/Dice**

My Logitech Extreme 3d Pro works like a charm, Joystick is the way to go, used to fly keyboard, but u cant hit anything with that damned vulcan cannon that way and dogfighting was just a slaughter. You can actually see the point where i bought my stick on my K/D ratio graph, still fighting off those earlier days...

Yes joysticks are supported directly in the game, however sensitivity adjustments/force feedback are not.

Map everything you can to your stick, push to talk, vote yes/no, flares,etc. However DO NOT map the enter/exit vehicle button...trust me u will thank me when your not falling out of your jet...

Dont forget to learn chopper too!!!

Edit: Spelling and Grammar

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-02-17 02:15:17)

dracul
+2|6848
Method A: The dive bomb. ( my preferred method)
Come in at 30degrees(or higher)  or so.
Be aware of whats going to be in front of you when you pull up. ( so you dont slam into a cliff).

The bombs are going to start slowing down as soon as you release.
They are going to hit somewhere UNDER your cross hairs along the verticle line ( assuming you have been flying straight enough that there is no lateral momentum).

The faster you are flying, and the steeper your approach, the later you drop them, the closer to the crosshairs they will hit.

Pro: It's pretty easy when you get used to it. Generally lets you carry out bombing runs at full speed, thus you tend to have the advantage of surprise. Also lets you use guns to hit additional targets. puts both bombs within feet of each other, letting you kill heavily armored targets in one pass.

Cons: easy to accidently damage yourself with own bombs area of effect, or slam into raised terrain or features on opposite side of target.

Method B:
Coming in level.
fly level, release bombs before you hit target, and continue flying.

Cons: requires either exquisite timing achieved only through prolonged practice, or a great deal of math carried out in a short period of time. Generally not very accurate.

Pro: spreads your bombs out the most, leading to a very large "foot-print", great for getting monster infantry kills. But tends to leave tanks with half of their life.

Personally: I tend to use the trick to get my bombs on single-drop, and then use the dive-bombing approach.
Although, I do not usually bother with that after the patch. Now a second pass on a prepared target is likely to get you nailed with sam-fire.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6760|Melbourne, Australia
i dont use any radar mini map or wat not i just come in just above my target and let go at the same time u can listen to watever u want on these forums im sure thel help but 90% of it is practise... so start ur own lan server and get cracking or practise with friends
kingkong777
+-1|6710
Grimes i could kiss u
thanks a lot, that ur good deed of the day done
cheers
VIPERtwosix
+2|6689|LGCA
I actually bought a flight stick, the Logitech Freedom 2.4.  It's easy to install and use; plus it's wireless and was 50 bucks or so.  BF handled it well in the controls option and I mapped out all the important functions.  Flying is alot easier now, though the sensitivity is bothersome.  The stick also helps with helicopters too, but not as much as a plane.
I have played singleplayer alot to get the feel for using the flight stick.  I do wish though that DICE or EA made an option for training.  Say, only you are on the map and you practice flying and a bot controls another enemy plane but doesn't shoot at you so you can learn how to dogfight and drop bombs at vehicles or people.  I hate those freakin tunguska things when I'm in a plane.  When I used them, they never really worked, now they are dead on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard