will180
Power Lurker
+27|6708|Jacksonville, Florida
Long story short:I need help putting my nonpurchased music off of my ipod and onto itunes my my new, vista-running, computer.

So I got my new computer about a week ago and it works fine. This morning I install iTunes and when I try to take all of my music off of my ipod it only takes the music that I originally purchased on itunes. I have no idea how to get the non-purchased music off of my ipod and onto my computer.
Please help me.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6232|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
have you tried Ctrl+A the list on the iPod and then Ctrl+V into music menu on iTunes?
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6219|Wisconsin
This is what I used when my computer crashed.. Just follow the tutorial on the site. This is only good for a certain number of songs though. I assume you could get the full version somewhere... *cough* torrent..
http://www.copytrans.net/index.php
will180
Power Lurker

G.Cronin wrote:

have you tried Ctrl+A the list on the iPod and then Ctrl+V into music menu on iTunes?
Yes, but all of the songs on the ipod list are greyed-out (unselectable)
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6037|Belgium
enable the use as disk option in Ipod settings, then acces your ipod in the my computer screen and copy the music
then copy your music into a file
add said file to library and voila

Last edited by Hope_is_lost117 (2008-02-24 12:32:16)

G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn

will180 wrote:

G.Cronin wrote:

Try making a folder in My Documents and dragging all the songs on the iPod in there, then from the folder highlight them all -> right click -> open with -> iTunes. If it does work then you have to keep the folder there or else if you delete it, the songs wont work on iTunes.
will180
Power Lurker
thanks guys, you all get karma
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
No Problem
VicktorVauhn
+319|6433|Southern California
Its really lame how apple does it...If I'm not mistaken the earliest versions of itunes allowed you to drag music back off but now you have to use third party software or do as said below. Last time I tried the 3rd party software (cant remember what one) it worked to get the music off, but I had to reformat the Ipod before I could use it with Itunes again (it would just free the computer when I used itunes.)

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

enable the use as disk option in Ipod settings, then acces your ipod in the my computer screen and copy the music
then copy your music into a file
add said file to library and voila
This is probably easiest. The put them in some folder, then in a bunch of sub-folders. It mixes up all the albums and gives all the files and folders names like ABCDE or BCDEA ect...

All the tag info is still there though so if you lump them into one folder, then use itunes or some other software to sort/rename based on tags.

My buddy had his ipod break, and when he took it to get it replaced they just took it from him and gave him another. When he asked about getting his music transfered they said recopy it from your computer, or re-download it from itunes. He said he just wanted his old one back then, until he could recover the data (almost completely full) and they told him no...it had already been switched in the computer.
apple is a bunch of nosy bastards next time I buy a zune.
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6670|The Netherlands

will180 wrote:

G.Cronin wrote:

go to library and try again....works for me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard