Shadowblade
+0|6639
what annoys me is when i unlocked the g36e i wasnt expecting to see the same model used for the g-36c with a changed rate of fire i was expecting to see

G-36E
https://www.blimdanet.com/dotaciones/g36E.gif

not

G-36c
https://totalairsoft.com/catalog/images/g36c.jpg

i know its a small technicality.. but i thought they were going for realism...

Last edited by Shadowblade (2006-02-17 00:05:02)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
no they aren't, they are going for arcade feel. On a side note I'll take the E over the C anyday.
Shadowblade
+0|6639
the E just looks like it would pack more of a punch....
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6678|Seattle
It does...
Shadowblade
+0|6639
... well yes... but.. they just used the C model with the E which pisses me off
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6748|The Netherlands
I love the K for spec ops of the SAS. (though its very much the same as the MG36)
Tagmaestro
+6|6698|New Jersey

Shadowblade wrote:

LOL
AdamEcks
+1|6696|Canada, Eh.
There are differences, just look next time you play. Similar yes, but they are different.
Shadowblade
+0|6639
but they should be massivly different.... hell even the Mg36 usses the g36C model with a drum, it should be similar to the G-36E.

the differences are minimal though all they ahve done is extended the barrel and the casing around the barrel but it is still the same basic model

Last edited by Shadowblade (2006-02-17 00:55:38)

he_who_says_zonk
+17|6713

Shadowblade wrote:

The different versions of the gun all look very similar, the only noticable difference is that the E has a longer barrel and you can see the longer barrel ingame! The photos you picked are misleading because the G36E, just like the G36C, is often used with a picatinny rail on which extra sights / equipment can be mounted. Both the G36C and the G36E ingame are pretty accurate models of each gun with a picatinny rail mounted in place of the iron sights, and then with attached iron sights on the rail.

So I guess you can complain instead "Why didn't they model / include a version of the G36E which has the 3x scope instead of a picatinny rail with nothing but iron sights?"
Dilbert2468
+6|6733|Australia
ak-47 is better hands down
Poofy
+0|6666|Pennsylvania
They probably did it so they could reduce the size of the files and such, since they share the same models and textures rather than having to create new material.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England

Poofy wrote:

They probably did it so they could reduce the size of the files and such, since they share the same models and textures rather than having to create new material.
Or they were just being lazy...
Esker
+1|6720
Well if that annoyed, watch the animation where the guy switches from single shot to burst and visa versa.

OMFG HE MOVES TEH SWITCH TEH SAME WAY!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
Just an observation.

But why can't these guns have real navy triggers on them and have the option of

Safe - Single - Burst - Auto

4 options on the selection of rate fire.

I want more options than just 2.

Edit: Obviously Safe is not needed in the game. Duh.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-02-17 13:39:33)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard