Poll

Would you support an independent California?

Yes32%32% - 51
No67%67% - 104
Total: 155
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6394|North Carolina
I'd support it.  I'd support the independence of Texas as well.
David.P
Banned
+649|6263

IRONCHEF wrote:

I see.  You prefer cheese from Vermont instead of California cheese.  Nothing to do with restaurants or the milk from California..just the cheese.  Got it.
Not only that. I dont like california style pizza. They make Hawaiian with mango, papaya, and some other shit. Making it taste more like a fruit shish kebab than a pizza!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6751

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

Kosovo seceded from Serbia a couple days ago and there aint no violence...
"NATO peacekeepers Tuesday sealed two Kosovo border crossings with Serbia for 24 hours after they were torched by angry Serbs as international tensions simmered over Kosovo's independence."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080219/ts … vopolitics

I know you are fairly naive, but open your eyes for a change.
Still think you know what you are talking about fallenmorgan?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080221/ts_ … embassy_dc
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6476|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

usmarine wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

"NATO peacekeepers Tuesday sealed two Kosovo border crossings with Serbia for 24 hours after they were torched by angry Serbs as international tensions simmered over Kosovo's independence."

And can't forget that whole "Ethnic cleansing" thing. Or was that just a disagreement between lovers?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6142|what

SgtHeihn wrote:

You think a independent California government would know how to handle money better than the Federal Gov.?
Our state debt is around 14.5 Billion(US) That was done with out the Federal Governments help.
Wow. No wonder California has such high taxes.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6633

TheAussieReaper wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

You think a independent California government would know how to handle money better than the Federal Gov.?
Our state debt is around 14.5 Billion(US) That was done with out the Federal Governments help.
I heard on the news this morning that its looking more like 16 billion
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6476|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

TheAussieReaper wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Yeah, state tax on gas is 1 cent cheaper the federal.

At my parents in Minnesota I could get a full size truck w/4x4 for about $10k less than out here.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6751

usmarine wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

Cough

"KOSOVSKA MITROVICA, Kosovo - Violent protests rocked Serb-dominated northern Kosovo on Friday, as mobs chanting "Kosovo is ours!" hurled stones, bottles and firecrackers at U.N. police guarding a bridge that divides Serbs from ethnic Albanians. "
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080223/ap_ … bia_kosovo
imortal
+240|6654|Austin, TX
Yes!  Take california, and welcome to it!  Of course, there are more people moving out of California now than are moving into it.  It is the only state in the country with a declining population.  Not only should you make it a seperate country, you should prevent people from leaving.  That way they can't move here and drive up our prices for property here in Texas.

Last edited by imortal (2008-02-23 09:36:47)

Dersmikner
+147|6487|Texas

IRONCHEF wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

Besides, if they let you go, then we can leave and I'm about ready for Texas to be rid of the blood-sucking pork barrel leaches in this country.
not too familiar with texas congressman are ya?

BTW, Cali has its own oil and the 6th largest economy in the world.
California also has more CATTLE than Florida AND Texas combined, and it has more agriculture.  SO yes, we'll have food for ourselves.  And we'd probably migrate to alternative fuel quite quickly, and we'd be charging you bastards a hefty import tax on Japanese cars that come through our ports.  Suck on THAT you 49 states!  lol
The Houston Ship Channel is the second largest port in the United States. We can get all the cars we want.

Good luck with the alternative fuels.

Hey I'm not arguing. I'm just saying that if y'all want to go, I'm not going to try to talk you out of it. I wish we'd secede ourselves.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6633

imortal wrote:

Yes!  Take california, and welcome to it!  Of course, there are more people moving out of California now than are moving into it.  It is the only state in the country with a declining population.  Not only should you make it a seperate country, you should prevent people from leaving.  That way they can't move here and drive up our prices for property here in Texas.
40 million people.  regardless of what you say, more people want to be californian than any other state.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6279|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

New York City should be its own state

On topic, I don't think they should be independent. As retarded as some of the inhabitants might be (read: Gunslinger <3), economically, they're important to the US.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
geNius
..!.,
+144|6431|SoCal

FallenMorgan wrote:

I'm a member of a movement that calls for secession of California from the United States of America.  Our ideas involve non-violent means, such as those that took place during the Orange Revolution in Ukraine or the Velvet Revolution which brought democracy to Czechoslovakia.  Our reasons are very wide, ranging from the fact that America's economy is going down the tubes, to the fact that popular sovereignty is a guaranteed right in the constitution, or at least until the American Civil War, at least.

California pays the most taxes out of any state to a Federal Government that has been corrupted for eight years, and threatens to be corrupted by another eight.  California is more liberal than most of the other states, except for those on the East coast.  It's very irritating that our lives are influenced highly by something going on a thousand miles away, especially if McCain or one of the other Republicans win and bring in a right-winged age of annoyance once again.

It's a fact that George W. Bush was not popularly elected.  The US population of over 300 Million prevents anything other than the electoral college system, which is honestly rather unfair.  California has a population of around 36,457,549, and in my opinion there would be less risks with a popular vote based election system.  The website I subscribe to is Californians for Independents, but I plan on perhaps one day founding my own organization, who's name I have not decided on, but something like Californian Social Capitalist Party (read my blog).

I noticed that secession is great for everybody except the nation that's losing a chunk of territory.  For example, Kosovo is recognized by several countries except Serbia and Russia.  Rarely does a nation split away from another on good terms.
Ludicrous.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6502|Kickapoo
If Californians want independence,  let them take up arms and fight for it.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6633

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

we dont.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

we dont.
Well, teenage internet/tv genius does.
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6502|Kickapoo

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

we dont.
Okay let me edit that.  If this kid and his group want independence, let them take up arms and fight for it.  Sorry to lump you in there GS.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6431|SoCal

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

we dont.
Okay let me edit that.  If this kid and his group want independence, let them take up arms and fight for it.  Sorry to lump you in there GS.
We don't want them here any more than they want to be here.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6695
How the hell is this thread still going?  This is almost as bad as the thread that Cougar made about the Bush administraion destroying the world trade center for oil!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6751

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

How the hell is this thread still going?  This is almost as bad as the thread that Cougar made about the Bush administraion destroying the world trade center for oil!
I am waiting for this idiot to respond to his thread.
Turquoise
O Canada

imortal wrote:

That's incorrect.  In fact, if you include illegals, California is the second fastest growing state (numerically).  Texas is the fastest.

Percentage wise, Arizona is the fastest growing state, but even by that measure, California is still one of the five fastest growing states.

Still, the majority of California's growth is from immigration.  There are record numbers of "natives" moving out of the state into much more affordable states like Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.
Reciprocity
+721|6570|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Turquoise wrote:

Still, the majority of California's growth is from immigration.  There are record numbers of "natives" moving out of the state into much more affordable states like Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.
we have camps for all the Californians infecting our state.  they're nice places. it's mandatory. we like to keep them concentrated to a few places.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD
Good riddance, some of you think my state is either a foreign country or an amusement park.

j/k

It wouldn't work if it actually happened, which of course it won't.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6633
maryland's a state?
Turquoise
O Canada

_j5689_ wrote:

Good riddance, some of you think my state is either a foreign country or an amusement park.

j/k

It wouldn't work if it actually happened, which of course it won't.
California is one of the few states with a large enough economy to be its own country.  Texas is another.

It would work, but Californians might see a slight drop in their standard of living (as would the rest of America).

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-02-23 15:22:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard