Benzin
+576|6015
So here's a somewhat amusing email that I got from the US Consulate in Vienna. Kinda more funny since my three Serbian friends are all against Kosovo. Hmm ... If I can get back to Vienna in time, I kinda wanna go and find it to see what I'm supposed to be avoiding.

On Sunday, February 24, 2008, the Association of the Serbian Community in Austria will sponsor and hold a demonstration between 13:00 to 16:00 protesting Kosovo's recent declaration of independence. This demonstration will take place in Vienna's First District near Heldenplatz.  Approximately 3,000 protestors are expected to participate in the rally. A demonstration in favor of Kosovo independence took place on Sunday, February 17 and was peaceful.

We wish to remind American citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence.  American citizens are therefore urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England
How is it Ironic, they're just saying "there's gonna be a Serb demonstration, you saw what happened to our Embassy in Belgrade, i suggest you gtfo of the area when the shit goes down"
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6782|UK
Yeah I really dont get how that is meant to be ironic. They are simply safe guarding American citizens from a rally.

So your claiming because they point out that the other rally was peaceful but warn that this one might not be its ironic.. its common sense.
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6191|sverige
wat?
Benzin
+576|6015
Perhaps "ironic" was the wrong word ... "interesting" ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard