CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't care about your domestic business... just what affects the outside world.
Walk the walk, not just your talk. You consistently make condescending comments and sneers/ comments about the United States. Including Domestic affairs. Would it  would be to much to ask you to stop? Let this guy speak his mind without you belittling our country!
I reiterate. Banks all over the world were exposed to US sub-prime debt, including many European banks - the most notable of which was Northern Rock in the UK (which had to be nationalised!!!). The price of gas and oil also happens to affect pretty much every single person on the globe, in case you hadn't noticed...

Domestic my ringpiece. Frankly I don't think sub-prime was Bush's fault and European banks should have known better but the price of oil partly/largely is Bush's fault. His constant warmongering, both actual and rhetorical (in the form of threats) drove the price up ridiculously over his tenure. By the way - if you find what I write so offensive then how about this: don't fucking read it.

PS George W. Bush IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY. Put a picture of him on your flag if you identify with him so fucking much.

PPS The majority of Americans are in full agreement with me, if that poll is anything to go by...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-22 08:42:48)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

whats fuel in Ireland? how much has it gone up or down since 2004? not trying to be a smart ass, honestly curious.
€1.17 ($1.73) a litre of petrol (gas). That's $6.55 a gallon of gas if I haven't fucked up my conversions (perhaps I have). I'll have to do a search for 2004 prices.
holy shit!!.......My sympathies
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

whats fuel in Ireland? how much has it gone up or down since 2004? not trying to be a smart ass, honestly curious.
€1.17 ($1.73) a litre of petrol (gas). That's $6.55 a gallon of gas if I haven't fucked up my conversions (perhaps I have). I'll have to do a search for 2004 prices.
holy shit!!.......My sympathies
Using approximate exchange rates for 2004 the price was $4.52 per gallon, meaning a rise of over $2 per gallon in the interim.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-22 08:05:17)

DSRTurtle
+56|6656

CameronPoe wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't care about your domestic business... just what affects the outside world.
Walk the walk, not just your talk. You consistently make condescending comments and sneers/ comments about the United States. Including Domestic affairs. Would it  would be to much to ask you to stop? Let this guy speak his mind without you belittling our country!
I reiterate. Banks all over the world were exposed to US sub-prime debt, including many European banks - the most notable of which was Northern Rock in the UK (which had to be nationalised!!!). The price of gas and oil also happens to affect pretty much every single person on the globe, in case you hadn't noticed...

Domestic my ringpiece. Frankly I don't think sub-prime was Bush's fault and European banks should have known better but the price of oil partly/largely is Bush's fault. His constant warmongering, both actual and rhetorical (in the form of threats) drove the price up ridiculously over his tenure. By the way - if you find what I write so offensive then how about this: don't fucking read it.

PS George W. Bush IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY. Put a picture of him on your flag if you identify with him so fucking much.

PPS The majority of Americans are in full agreement with me, if that poll is anything to go by...
The price of oil is subject to supply and demnad.  Bush has very little control over supply and demand.  It's called economics.  The war on terror is affecting the price of oil, but not to the degree that the media and some politicians would have you believe. 

I seem to remember the price of oil skyrocketing during the Iran Hostage Crisis.  Anyone remember who the president was?  [rethorical question]
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

DSRTurtle wrote:

The price of oil is subject to supply and demnad.  Bush has very little control over supply and demand.  It's called economics.  The war on terror is affecting the price of oil, but not to the degree that the media and some politicians would have you believe. 

I seem to remember the price of oil skyrocketing during the Iran Hostage Crisis.  Anyone remember who the president was?  [rethorical question]
It's got a lot more to do with just supply and demand, although supply and demand is obviously a pivotal factor. Iraq's oil output only returned to pre-war levels some time in the last year or two. Bush constantly talks of 'all options being on the table', including military ones persumably, when referring to Iran - another giant producer of oil. Instead of reaching out to nations to try and sort things out face-to-face across a table he always resorts to bullshit strongman machismo. Personally I think oil is currently grossly overvalued. OPEC are cutting output for Christs sake. The Iran Hostage Crisis point you make backs up my own.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-22 09:16:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

IRONCHEF wrote:

Sad time to be American.  Endless war, shredded constitution, soaring fuel prices, joblessness, economy dying (and rebates are coming..), 47 million without healthcare, dollar becoming worthless, few actual friends internationally, bad reputation internationally, endless thousands of new recruits for the various terror groups..all pointed at us, zero accountability, worthless congress and senate, military in shambles, thousands upon thousands of homes wrecked because of war (on both sides), deeper, nastier political division,...failure at just about every promise Bush made, and oh yeah....Osama bin Laden has NOT been smoked out of his hole, has not been brought to justice, and he continues to thrive and gain popularity....even if he's dead.

Anything good happening with you?
Wonderful, continue to sink into your private pit of depression and you're sure to help improve circumstances as you see them.

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

A little more recent numbers.
Americans feel better about future: Reuters poll
Because Dubya is leaving the office?
The "feel better" thing bothers me more than anything Bush did. The American people "feel better" about something so they're going to back it all the way. What vague cobweb-brained nonsensical poppycock. What if we suddenly started to "feel better" about eugenics? America's going in a good direction now! Maybe puppy-kicking or 24/7 99% fat diets? Or another episode of Lost? Or Carrot Top starring in the next James Bond movie? The list goes on about what we could feel good about that isn't necessarily helpful.

Come to think of it, a Carrot Top Bond flick sounds pretty sweet...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-02-22 09:27:28)

blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6672|Little Rock, Arkansas

Pierre wrote:

blisteringsilence wrote:

Pierre wrote:

In 2001? I did not know that. Link?
Good lord, how old are you?

Dot Com Bust, anyone?

Seriously. I want to know how old you are. How ANYONE who was alive and thinking in 2000 could forget this bubble bust, I just don't know.
Completely forgot about it. Maybe because in 2001 I bought my condo, and my jag (my BMW was in 2002), and made lots of money which I didn't invest in some dubious dot com companies. L&H anyone? So it didn't affect me in any way. Were you hurt badly?
Short term (2001-2002), I took about a 20% loss. Long term (1994 - present), I'm averaging about 16% a year. I don't diversify very well. My stocks are mostly technology based. I did manage to get into google at IPO, and got out of yahoo the same time. I've held Apple for about 6 years now. I had some in oil, but I sold out of my oils earlier this year to buy a duplex rental property.

The rest of my investments are gold, and my 10 shares of Berkshire Hathaway. That's my retirement fund right there. Thanks, grandpa.
PluggedValve
+17|6310

OrangeHound wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

- Military in shambles - FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!  We have never lost a military battle and they are adapting and gaining technology.
First off - lol @ a bush supporter and roid rage

Second, um...ever hear of Vietnam? And the Air Force has already complained that they are losing their grasp of superiority in the skies. Only a matter of time before the other branches start doing the same.
I think he was referring to the battles in Iraq ... not wars.

And the AF is just saying that because they want more money.  Happens all the time here in Washington.
Why would they go public with a big military battle lost??  Seems they have a hard time getting support when they talk about all the success they are (??) having.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

PluggedValve wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

First off - lol @ a bush supporter and roid rage

Second, um...ever hear of Vietnam? And the Air Force has already complained that they are losing their grasp of superiority in the skies. Only a matter of time before the other branches start doing the same.
I think he was referring to the battles in Iraq ... not wars.

And the AF is just saying that because they want more money.  Happens all the time here in Washington.
Why would they go public with a big military battle lost??  Seems they have a hard time getting support when they talk about all the success they are (??) having.
Drive around in circles warfare ftw. Patton would've blown a gasket.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

The_Mac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I have a feeling that, regardless of who wins the presidency, the Republicans may take the Senate this year.
Oh no...not that! Not a decent Senate majority with their heads screwed on their necks the right way coming back!
You mean the same Republican majority that increased government spending more in 6 years than the Democrats did in the 80s?
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas

CameronPoe wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

The average human being can't speak their own language, doesn't have the motivation to do anything other than take a paycheck and watch TV, can't name a half dozen countries on other continents, and has no bearing on my life whatsoever as long as she/he makes my burrito properly.

I don't give a good shit what 81% of the population thinks. As a matter of fact, if 81% think he sucks, then I'm probably better off. If 81% of the public liked what he were doing he would probably be raiding my bank account to support the world's brokedicks.

I'll stick with the 19%. When I see those TV specials about how 1% of the world controls 50% of its wealth I don't bitch about the 1%, I want to BE the 1%. The fewer people like the President the better I imagine. It means he's doing what he thinks is right, not what will win him a bunch of polls.
Enjoy your fuel bills and the sub-prime fallout.
I'm not a sub-prime borrower or lender, meaning that a collapse in housing prices (and possibly related stocks) can only lead to buying opportunities for me, and when gas prices start hurting me I'll do something about it. As it stands, it's pretty much inconsequential to my day to day affairs. I'm MUCH better off with lower taxes.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
His constant warmongering, both actual and rhetorical (in the form of threats) drove the price up ridiculously over his tenure.
This has been his objective since day one.
Screw the voters, as long as his Daddy and his buddies are making money he's happy.

Ther Northern Rock fiasco has more to do with British regulators - the Bank of England - than the US
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Dersmikner wrote:

The average human being can't speak their own language, doesn't have the motivation to do anything other than take a paycheck and watch TV, can't name a half dozen countries on other continents, and has no bearing on my life whatsoever as long as she/he makes my burrito properly.
You're just thinking of Americans - your Presiduhnt being the prime example.

The rest of the world is much better educated.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
The_Mac
+96|6195

Turquoise wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I have a feeling that, regardless of who wins the presidency, the Republicans may take the Senate this year.
Oh no...not that! Not a decent Senate majority with their heads screwed on their necks the right way coming back!
You mean the same Republican majority that increased government spending more in 6 years than the Democrats did in the 80s?
Hey, I'll take a Congress that actually gets something done, like actually helping the war effort instead of bogging things down like the obstinate idiots they are.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Dersmikner wrote:

I'm not a sub-prime borrower or lender, meaning that a collapse in housing prices (and possibly related stocks) can only lead to buying opportunities for me, and when gas prices start hurting me I'll do something about it. As it stands, it's pretty much inconsequential to my day to day affairs. I'm MUCH better off with lower taxes.
The sub-prime problem is bound to impact on you indirectly at some point. You're viewing things in a very insular and mercenary manner.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

The sub-prime problem is bound to impact on you indirectly at some point. You're viewing things in a very insular and mercenary manner.
True that. It's affecting me, big time. The vast pool of money people were drawing on has dried up. It trickles down.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6623|pimelteror.de
it took you eight years to realize, that he´s a prick? gj
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

8 years are better than 12
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Well you know Gore beat him by 500,000 votes in 2000, just that the majority doesn't always win.

Damn electoral college.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Damn Constitution.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

The_Mac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

Hey, I'll take a Congress that actually gets something done, like actually helping the war effort instead of bogging things down like the obstinate idiots they are.
I'm assuming your definition of "helping the war effort" consists of making sure contractors get to make ridiculous profits at taxpayers' expense.
Turquoise
O Canada

Spearhead wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Well you know Gore beat him by 500,000 votes in 2000, just that the majority doesn't always win.

Damn electoral college.
True dat...  the Electoral College and the delegate process for our primaries are 2 of the most antidemocratic processes in America.  I know we're a democratic republic, but we lean far too much in the republic direction and not enough in the democracy direction.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Turquoise wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Damn electoral college.
True dat...  the Electoral College and the delegate process for our primaries are 2 of the most antidemocratic processes in America.  I know we're a democratic republic, but we lean far too much in the republic direction and not enough in the democracy direction.
I'd +1 you but I'm all out of karma and I think I just gave you some a few hours ago.

Anyway, agree.  Fake +1.
Turquoise
O Canada
Thanks, man...  I'm in the same boat...  +1 karma tomorrow, I guess... 
DSRTurtle
+56|6656
The electorial college is not anti democratic.  It gives smaller states a fair stake in representation.  It forces candidates to pay attention to all the people in the country not just those in New York and California.

Al Gore can blame his loss on not winning his home state.  That's all he needed to win in the first place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard