BigBunny
Col64
+19|6648|Edinburgh
If you have been gassed does putting on the gas mask make any difference to the persistence of the effects, or should you not bother?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6421|the land of bourbon

BigBunny wrote:

If you have been gassed does putting on the gas mask make any difference to the persistence of the effects, or should you not bother?
makes no difference.  it might help if someone is spamming gas like a noob, so you won't get hit again, but it doesn't shorten the length of time you are affected.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
killaer
+41|6758
No, I think it does do something to make it quicker. I've noticed the effects going away faster.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5973|United States

killaer wrote:

No, I think it does do something to make it quicker. I've noticed the effects going away faster.
it says in the manual that putting on a gas mask after being gassed will not help
dirtracer74
+10|6330
If you get gassed, and do not put on your mask, then you are exposed for the duration of the gas. However, if you put your mask on, then you begin to come out of the haze at the time you put your mask on. Not when the gas disapates.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6648|Edinburgh
Thanks for that.  Yeah, my impression was that it was worth using the mask despite the darth vadar sounds, but I wasn't sure.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6508
If you are already out it has no effect but if you are remaining in the gassed area it will as you are not continuing to break in the gas.
StNickBG
+1|5947
Hi all!

My opinion is that on some places you should go with gas mask ON!
TV stations, closed streets,corners,roofs with "MAD" snipers*...cool place to "tear the guys"..and to be "teared"
On Warlord** I'm with my mask ON all of the time, and its helpful. Its really funny when the dude who want to gas you...been gased from his gas smoke...muhaha:)
Also teargas is great attacking/defending weapon...if you want to gas some flag that your team attack - say or type - "team smoke coming - masks ON" - and than start to "smoke as factory's chimney"...it works believe me! It's as "Nesscafe" - "2 in 1" - you tear the enemy, and cover your mates from bullets with romantic green smoke, at the same time...
Just always coordinate it with your team, otherwise - you will tear and your team...and than they may "tear" you..in the head...twice!

*"MAD" sniper - 3th generation n00b sniper who know only this spot on this roof ONLY...and he never saw the map from any different angle...his dad and his grandad was the same...born and died on the SAME roof

**Warlord - A very special holly place for "MAD" snipers...you can find them on the roof next to the TV station...(right building - when in left on you is TV station and you look to the SAS uncap)...also...if you throw a nade on that roof you have a chance 2:1 to "hunt" some of this guys...doesn't matter when you will throw the nade....almost all of the time someones there:)

Also, sorry that i change the theme, but we are around the "gas mask" - i never check do the gas mask bring to some delay to the bad effect of smoke or make it  shorter... but when you are been gased, but I'm sure that if you put it on when you been gased (and stay alive meantime), you will not be affected from the second gasnade in your area...

Last edited by StNickBG (2008-02-26 01:08:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard