GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6787|Anaheim, CA

Also helps to find a good clan to join or at least play with, so you can pick up some tips from them in game, and get revived by them too!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
Look no further, BF2sers will save your back!
Chullster
I'm dead? I'm shit, I'm leaving.
+28|6427|My gaff
To have a good time on IO, join the squad with the most medics in who have decent frag rates, then go RPK all the way.

If your team has little or no medics, it's C4-yourself-in-on-the-last-upper-floors-of-the-TV-station-on-warlord-as-commander time. Or noob tube from the roof tops, snipe from the SAS uncap on Ghost Town, get on Devils perch at the start of round as MEC, go to the back stairs as AT kit and rocket boats....

The list of things I find to do on IO when I'm on my own or on a bad team is what got me through the war college ribbon.

Last edited by Chullster (2008-02-21 13:33:10)

Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6562
read my post, i have told you all you need to know, sorry guys no point posting in here again, just read my post and you will all understand. impAct is whale at all games, especilly bf2 and css.
HaawwK
+31|5987|Bolton
when i was a noob at inf i just started to play gathers, then when i started getting banned from all the gathers by germans.. i knew i wasnt shit anymore, the end..
killawarra
+0|6622
join a squaad with medics and follow them.... theyll try keep you alive as long as they live
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

I was once an IO nut. The more skilled players owned me at the start, so I watched and learned from BR footage and frag flicks from our very own Media section. Ghost the guy doing the best and see how he plays.

Tip: Don't neglect grenades. Pop at least one in the enemy's area, rush with guns ablazing, then get out of there, reload, heal up and repeat.

Always have a spot arranged for this rendezvous with replenishment!

And IO is where medics are really useful, so see a lot of those. Don't be against being one of these angels of mercy.
I like that, this is a usefull reply.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

Chullster wrote:

To have a good time on IO..

...go to the back stairs as AT kit and rocket boats....
Hmm how can u rocket a boat if it's IO?
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
^
Wake?

But I think he's referring to something else but I have no clue.
Chullster
I'm dead? I'm shit, I'm leaving.
+28|6427|My gaff

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Chullster wrote:

Not done too much IO on SF eh?

Boats are the only vehicle that is left on the map when IO is selected. Jetskis however are removed, which is a shame.

Quickest way to get lots of kills on IO is when a full boat cruises up and you have a rocket or noob tube.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

yea i suck at IO also, can we share tips here plz
Always play spec ops.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
baggs
+732|6206

Ec0li wrote:

Topic says it all really, so i was wondering does anyone have any tips or advice on how not to suck? I seem to sacrifice my SPM so i can raise my kd ratio but I do enjoy I/O sometimes, I'm just no good at it, generally I finish a round with my kills being equal to my deaths, sometimes I'll have a good day and own but it's not consistent. So does anyone have any useful tips for it? I know it's not easy to give advice on I/O as opposed to vehicles but any advice is welcomed. Thanks
I pm'd you dude, i'm playing BF2 tonight (unless my missus says otherwise) with a few mates
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire
why has only 1 person said assault lol

it's the best kit for IO, there's no vehicles , sept boats and the GL takes care of that,

the ak is great all round, accurate at short and long distances
the m16 takes a little time getting use to, but it's a crapper 36E basically
the G3 i find to be what i call my bitch gun (very easy to own with, aslong as you watch your clip lol)
and finnaly the f2000 is awesome at medium to long range and ok at short,
i find the flashes great tactical (and comical) weapon, especially when they run about shooting everywhere like headless chickens lol

Last edited by Tehremos (2008-02-22 09:12:58)

|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH

Chullster wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

Chullster wrote:

Not done too much IO on SF eh?

Boats are the only vehicle that is left on the map when IO is selected. Jetskis however are removed, which is a shame.

Quickest way to get lots of kills on IO is when a full boat cruises up and you have a rocket or noob tube.
Hm okay that I didn't knew, like you said. Once buyed :SF but hardly played it.
Going to though, have to try to tube a boat full of poor bastards
Wallpaper
+303|5995|The pool

Simon wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Simon wrote:

Possibly the worst tip given in this thread, no offence.
Whilst you're jumping around the corner (not shooting, obviously), all I have to do is prone or strafe and I've already got the advantage of being able to shoot before you. heh
Thats what quick reflexes, proning-mid-air is for. And it isnt really because of the insane amount of claymores on every corner. Unless you have a smurf near by, or a competent medic behind you, and you dont jump, youre screwed. And we all know how hard it is to get a competent medic.
Dude, no matter how quick your reflexes are, all a good player has to do is prone for 2 seconds most likely killing you, if not, then all he has to do is strafe after that prone.. maybe we should try it on a server?
I use that strategy a lot, and it seems to work good for me. (ignore KDR on my stats, first account, I used to suck epic balls)

Last edited by Wallpaper (2008-02-22 17:35:20)

Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6200|Daqing Oilfields?
What works for me is using the gun with the most power that I have at my disposal, such as the RPK-74 and other MEC weapons.

When I'm on the US, I just go for the L8 and tier 2 support unlock until I come across a good MEC weapon
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651
nade spam ftw
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

LOL, nice revive tedward. I have Hactually gotten slightly better from the advice.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

Ec0li wrote:

LOL, nice revive tedward. I have Hactually gotten slightly better from the advice.

nah dude I'll give you some useful advice

Honestly, to get good at IO all I did was stick to routes, perfect them and then proceed to shooting the fuck out of noobs. Also just get quicker. The faster your movements the harder you are to kill and ultimately you're defo not a sitting duck. It's not THAT hard. Practice makes perfect is what I'm getting at here.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6727|Twente, The Netherlands
Playing the paranoid person also helps, as the average team in I/O has support from a commander which actually spots and gives UAV. Therefore, always assuming you're pinpointed and tracked down might prevent the occurance of unpleasant surprises.
EvilHomer15
+4|5999|Taastrup, Danmark
You just train and practice.
It's not hard really. Just look at what the high-score players does, and do about the same thing.
Your tactics should be different at any situation the flags are at, and you will know exactly what to do in each situation the flags are at.

Practice.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6383|Oslo, Norway

argo4 wrote:

ecoli, do you have special forces? Ghost town and warlord are great maps, and you should try them in i/o. Since sf is not as popular as vanilla there are fewer really great players, so it might be easier
False!!! There are many GREAT players playing SF!
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6748|Mexico City

LiGaLiZe wrote:

i modify other people´s posts because i´m a brainless gay
we already knew that...

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-03-03 07:19:51)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire

Babb Master Flash wrote:

argo4 wrote:

ecoli, do you have special forces? Ghost town and warlord are great maps, and you should try them in i/o. Since sf is not as popular as vanilla there are fewer really great players, so it might be easier
there may be better players on SF, but it's also a much better place to practice, after playing SF you will be much better at vanilla
HaawwK
+31|5987|Bolton

Tehremos wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

argo4 wrote:

there may be better players on SF, but it's also a much better place to practice, after playing SF you will be much better at vanilla
no idea how you work that out, seen as there both the same game just differant maps...

there are not many "GREAT" players on SF at all, usually i can just find a random warlord/ghost town server and just completely rape the server

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard