atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6764|Atlanta, GA USA
I saw a link to this on FARK:
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/004409.php
I can't believe these fuckwads in the RIAA want to take away all of our rights as consumers. (well, I can but it still pisses me off)
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6726|Oslo, Norway
gay faggots
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6703
How can they regulate it?
Cheddarmuff
+21|6645
What a friggin joke....this country has gotten litigation/ban/don't do that happy...

I say boycot CD purchases and screw the record companies...I bet 30 days of no sales would change their minds fast...!!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Le sigh. DRM only hurts the average consumer joe. Me, and my kin of people advanced enough to pirate will never, ever be bothered by these baseline protections. They are pointless, except to the point that they make consumer joe's life a bitch since now he has to buy the same song for his ipod, stereo, and car SEPERATELY.

Meanwhile the people technically skilled (and the larger percentage of pirates) continue doing what they do regardless. It's so stupid.

Sadly, the tech elite (who understand what's up) can't do anything cause our numbers are small -- but one day, Average Joe will realize wtf is going on and say "Hey bitches! You're stepping on my rights, jerk!" after which there will be many huge legal battle to remove all the Anti-FairUse laws that are currently being put into place by high power, and money ladden content providers.

Should be fun, not that it'll affect me ever.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
If you can't have songs on your MP3 player for a bargain such as putting songs from your own CDs on it, there is pretty much no point in the average person having one.  These big companies with abbreviated names need to stop making shit up all the time, it's getting REALLY old.
Rakasan
+7|6829|California, USA
LOL, I got busted by the RIAA running an 400 Gig ftp MP3 site in the pre-Napster days.  It was nothing more than a slap on the hand though.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6716
Tbh i havent bought a cd for years....why pay...when i can get it off the internet or a friend for free...those twats wont stop me
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
I hate buying it off the internet because it requires a credit card, which is something I don't have.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6839|Australia

_j5689_ wrote:

I hate buying it off the internet because it requires a credit card, which is something I don't have.
why buy it on the net even?.. lol you can get it for free on the net
7h3647h32in6
+0|6716
RIAA can suck a fat <explicative deleted>.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6715|Indianapolis, IN
or the local public library has a large collection of cds for free. 
Crosell
+0|6663
Well, its not gonna stop me, unless some feds come to me and check my cell phone for songs.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6830

7h3647h32in6 wrote:

RIAA can suck a fat <explicative deleted>.
I'm not afraid to say that the RIAA and Lars Ulrich can suck the sweat off of my white rebel balls.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6764|Atlanta, GA USA
They are just using this as a way to be able to put copy protection on the CDs which prevent them from being copied at all.  Of course, there will always be people who figure out how to circumvent the copy protection.
JimKong
+31|6635|Ohio
Why are you listening to RIAA music in the first place?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard