TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

Stingray24 wrote:

Hear about this?  Whoops, sorry NASCAR.  We didn't know we put the wrong nose on the car.  No harm no foul eh?  Not so much.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR on Wednesday issued penalties and fines to the No. 7 team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found during Speedweeks at Daytona International Speedway.

The No. 7 car, driven and owned by Robby Gordon, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3.10A (unapproved front bumper cover) of the 2008 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during opening day inspection for the Daytona 500 on Feb. 8.

As a result, Gordon has been penalized 100 championship driver and owner points.

Crew chief Frank Kerr has been fined $100,000, suspended for the next six Sprint Cup Series events until April 9 and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2008.

Gordon finished eighth in the season-opening Daytona 500. With the penalty, he drops to 40th in points with 42 -- 16 behind 35th-place Casey Mears.

Gordon had announced his switch from Ford to Dodge, along with a new partnership with Gillett Evernham Motorsports, five days earlier and inadvertently had used a Dodge Charger nose that had been submitted to NASCAR but had not yet been approved. Before qualifying for the Daytona 500 on Feb. 10, Gordon replaced the part with an approved Dodge Avenger nose.
Yeah, I've read it.

In short...Nascar has made it abundantly clear, you do not mess with the bodies on these cars.  Just aske Chad Knaus and Steve "poptart" LeTart...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6766|London, England

Stingray24 wrote:

Hmmm 4 tickets ... ig, TC, Stingray ... and still one left!
All If have to say (mainly to ig)

I got da weed

*books flight to ATL*

They let you bring your own food in right
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

ig wrote:

i'm going to the atlanta race boys!
my buddy's boss knows reed sorenson's parents and gave us 4 free tickets!
i can't freaking wait; it's going to be sweet. i haven't been to ams in like 5 years
Nice

Atlanta is always one of the best races of the year.  Enjoy it cat
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Hmmm 4 tickets ... ig, TC, Stingray ... and still one left!
All If have to say (mainly to ig)

I got da weed

*books flight to ATL*

They let you bring your own food in right
At Bristol you are limited only to the size of your cooler hehe
Gotta love takin beer into a place where its sold for $4-$5 a 12oz. can...and you paid about 5 bucks for a six-pack hehe
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6667
i would be more than willing to take you guys, but they aren't my tickets; they belong to my friend
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

ig wrote:

i would be more than willing to take you guys, but they aren't my tickets; they belong to my friend
It would be a whoot to go, I want to make the atlanta race sometime soon, mix that in with my 2 Bristol visits and I would have a good year hehe

Btw...I will be posting pics from the track this march
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6590|The Land of Scott Walker
Sahweet!  I'll look forward to those pics.
Stingray24
So who are you guys picking to win?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
eh...
I was affraid you were going to ask...

When in Cali, you gotta look at the Rousch/Fenway Fords.  *ducks*  *looks around*  Dont you throw shit Stingray...
  I know, I know...a nasty assed Ford.  Its gonna be tough this year picking winners for the COT is so new to these tracks (1.5-2 mile ovals).

I mean, as always you gotta look at the ussual suspects...Gibbs, Hendrick, RCR...maybe even Penske (doubtfull imo) and GEM, if you are a real brave kinda guy, you'll look even at DEI (Mark Martin is a tire management genius) but only at the 8, and only if Mark is driving it.

If I HAD to predict a top 5...in no particular order...

24, 99, 17, 20, 48...(but, but...what to dowith Biffle...he's always good here...)

I'll always pull for the 88 obviously and it looks like his team as a whole may be up to the task this year.  Only time will tell.

We just dont have that many miles on the COT for me to feel comfortable making an educated, nonbiased pick.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it hehe

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-02-21 15:38:03)

Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6563|Florida
I'm not even gonna watch the Cali race. That place is such a dissapointment. Boring racing at it's finest. And the grandstands reflect that.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

Strngs012 wrote:

I'm not even gonna watch the Cali race. That place is such a dissapointment. Boring racing at it's finest. And the grandstands reflect that.
Indeed, you are so correct mate.  And NASCAR is feeling the heat.  When places are Losing dates (Darlington) under threat of losing their dates (New Hampshire), and more locations are lobbying NASCAR for tracks (Kentucky, New York), California sits on 2, yes two dates, and cant sell out either one.  NASCAR has always wanted to get into the So.Cal. market, and they have tried over and over again, with the only success being Sonoma (Sears Point) and Riverside (even that track was farily short lived tbh).  I suspect that after this season, California will be in danger of losing a date, and rightfully so imo.  No point in throwing good money after bad, no? 

And yeah, I blame a lot of that on the track layout.  The drivers like it, for the most part, its wide and fairly smooth.  It allows for a lot of room to find and run your line unmolested, and gives you just enough room to nurse an ill-handling racecar without really risking wadding it up in the fence comming off.

This breeds the boredum imo, change the track layout, reduce the race to 400 miles (like Michigan)...do something, for indeed, Fontana California has one of the dullest races of the year...twice...each year...

Hey
Roger Penske could sink the money from selling Fontana into his Cup program, then maybe his teams would be for real
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6623|Communist Republic of CA, USA
NASCAR definately isn't popular out here.  I'd go to the race, but it's too much of a drive, and I'd be the only person I know going.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
I tell ya what...you cant mess with money...

A Sprint Cup drivers "other" hot-rod hehe

Jr's puddlejumper...
http://jetjit.com/learjet_jr_big.htm

Tony Stewarts Citation...
http://jetjit.com/tony_stewart_vegas.htm

and lastly, Teresa Earnhardts LJ-31...
http://jetjit.com/n1de_a.htm
( I cant do anything associated with racing without including something about/around/sorta with Dale...)
Strngs012
+40|6563|Florida

TC.Troy wrote:

I tell ya what...you cant mess with money...

A Sprint Cup drivers "other" hot-rod hehe

Jr's puddlejumper...
http://jetjit.com/learjet_jr_big.htm

Tony Stewarts Citation...
http://jetjit.com/tony_stewart_vegas.htm

and lastly, Teresa Earnhardts LJ-31...
http://jetjit.com/n1de_a.htm
( I cant do anything associated with racing without including something about/around/sorta with Dale...)
LOL, I stumbled upon that website last week, pretty interesting.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
Practice for this weekends event starts at 1500hrs eastern

Qualifying to kick off at 1830 eastern.

New "go or go home" rule in effect for this weekend, wonder how that will work out.

Lord knows who the polesitter will be...
Stingray24

TC.Troy wrote:

eh...
I was affraid you were going to ask...

When in Cali, you gotta look at the Rousch/Fenway Fords.  *ducks*  *looks around*  Dont you throw shit Stingray...
  I know, I know...a nasty assed Ford.  Its gonna be tough this year picking winners for the COT is so new to these tracks (1.5-2 mile ovals).

I mean, as always you gotta look at the ussual suspects...Gibbs, Hendrick, RCR...maybe even Penske (doubtfull imo) and GEM, if you are a real brave kinda guy, you'll look even at DEI (Mark Martin is a tire management genius) but only at the 8, and only if Mark is driving it.

If I HAD to predict a top 5...in no particular order...

24, 99, 17, 20, 48...(but, but...what to dowith Biffle...he's always good here...)

I'll always pull for the 88 obviously and it looks like his team as a whole may be up to the task this year.  Only time will tell.

We just dont have that many miles on the COT for me to feel comfortable making an educated, nonbiased pick.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it hehe
Actually you're thinking just like I am, TC.Troy.  No need to duck. Though I hate to say it, the Rousch Fords are strong there and Kenseth has a good record there.  The new cars do present a challenge in picks.  I agree Mark would be the only DEI driver that will have an impact.
Stingray24
Nice lil ditty here about NASCAR ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/nas … scar,67067
Stingray24
Darned rain ... I wanna see cars on the track!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
I figured that was it...I turned on speedchannel and I got "back in the day" hehe

Jr. is so goofy hehehe
Strngs012
+40|6563|Florida
Yeah, Back in the Day is a neat show. I love looking at the tracks to see how they looked way back when.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
ig should be watching this...its on Atlanta.

The place looks soo baren and underdone hehe

Damn we've come a long way

*edit: at least Fontana was thoughtfull enough to place lights...at least we MAY see some practice/quals today.

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-02-22 14:13:41)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
Well its official, just heard it from John Darby...

We gonna line up according to points...

gah, I hate it when this happens.
Stingray24
There goes extra pole position points in fantasy racing ...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

Stingray24 wrote:

There goes extra pole position points in fantasy racing ...
who do you have atm Stingray?
Stingray24
Remember, I'm playing for points, not just picking my favorite drivers ...

Group A - Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart   
Group B - Dale Jr, Kyle Busch, Mark Martin, Casey Mears
Group C - Brian Vickers, Michael Waltrip

Missed the deadline to change up my drivers a bit, but I should do ok.  Deadline was 3:10pm and silly me was networking to get some job interviews.

The system is configured that you pick 2 A, 4 B, and 2 C drivers.  Then after qualifying you can change which drivers you have activated for race points up until the start of the race.  I currently have Jimmie, Dale Jr, Kyle Busch, and Brian Vickers active for this race.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-02-22 16:00:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard