Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6495|P-way, NJ
lol, you can try support since you can at least kill 1 person with a clip.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6393|the land of bourbon
e-stalk some of the guys here on servers they play on.  watch them play, and know that imitation is the highest form of flattery.  it's how i learned to properly doplhin, shoot, med, dolphin, rez, shoot, reload, dolphin, med, shoot, rez, etc.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

G36E or gtfo
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6534

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

lol, you can try support since you can at least kill 1 person with a clip.
i think i was just playing with you on some 64 man karkand server
[email protected]
+28|6236
Not trying to boast, but I'm very adept at Infantry Only. I'm not talking unlocks either. Regular stock guns. I've learned from many skilled players. Hit me up on xfire, just PM me a message and I'll send it to you.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

I own at I/O.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6160|San Antonio, Texas
I was once an IO nut. The more skilled players owned me at the start, so I watched and learned from BR footage and frag flicks from our very own Media section. Ghost the guy doing the best and see how he plays. Many of them nadespam tho, but those little eggs are handy to clear/weaken a spot you're approaching.

Tip: Don't be like me. Don't neglect grenades. Pop at least one in the enemy's area, rush with guns ablazing, then get out of there, reload, heal up and repeat.

Always have a spot arranged for this rendezvous with replenishment!

And IO is where medics are really useful, so see a lot of those. Don't be against being one of these angels of mercy.
Wallpaper
+303|6005|The pool

Simon wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Jump around all the corner that you can.
Possibly the worst tip given in this thread, no offence.
Whilst you're jumping around the corner (not shooting, obviously), all I have to do is prone or strafe and I've already got the advantage of being able to shoot before you. heh
Thats what quick reflexes, proning-mid-air is for. And it isnt really because of the insane amount of claymores on every corner. Unless you have a smurf near by, or a competent medic behind you, and you dont jump, youre screwed. And we all know how hard it is to get a competent medic.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6706|The Ville
I find myself using the sniper kit on I/o maps a lot.
m0v3m3nt
+15|6169
I suck at I/O AND regular.

I'm just lame.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6674|Groningen, The Netherlands
I've always felt I/O is about reflexes and quick thinking.

Either you pwn or you don't, although a little practise does help
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6491|Somewhere else

howler_27 wrote:

Learn the choke points and map hot spots, areas of cover, and keep an eye on both yours and the enemy's UAV.  If it's above you, chances are that your going to have company very soon.
Very good advice.  Play by your UAV, if the commander is consistant with deploying it.  I usually am very bold, and charge on in if the UAV indicates its all clear, or the enemy is not paying attention to the direction in which you are about to enter.  Make sure you know if the UAV is about to expire, and if it is, calculate a defensive position to take until the UAV is back up.

If you gotta reload, and there is a nook you can hide in, away from grenades, not in close quarters, then go there.  A tactic to add on is to run reload and turn around and get ready for someone who saw you run and is giving chase.  This tactic also works when you round a corner only to find a squad sitting there, RUN! then whip a 180, and spray.  Most people expect a person who turns and run, to actually run away.  When someone gives chase, they don't expect to smash thier face into the muzzle of your gun after they round the corner.  They are expecting seeing your terrified ass a few yards away running.  The best is, if outnumbered and they all are coming for you, is to run and throw grenades at your feet,  by the time they get near, theyll be stepping on your grenade.

Remeber, running works, but NEVER if you are runnig straight from them.  YOU are dead then.  You must be running for cover, or around a corner, and be damn close to that cover.  IF not, CHARGE!!!!!! Throw nades at your feet, empty that gun! pull the knife if you are still alive!  The mayhem that creats, sometimes lets you take out a few guys, or even gets them all, or confuses them to a point where you can escape.  ONe of my favorite tactics.

Keep in mind though, these things do work alot,  but there are some IO players that can deal with this easily.  The damn dumbest thing I see people do, is try the same damn thing more than 3 times.  3 is pushing it, but if your team is bottle necked, punching through where you just died is the only option.  But most of the time, people have these set routines, and stick to them.  BAD IDEA.  There is NO ONE good tactic for tearing up IO games, except one,  Keep changing your tactics.

IF it doesn't work, don't try it anymore.  One tactics that works great "a few times" may not work today.  Something simple and plain dumb ass, may just catch the other team off guard.

Example:  I flanked the enemy in karkand as a sniper (sniper kits are the most difficult to identify as friend or foe)  Well in close quarters a sniper rifle sucks... but a knife... and a clueless team, can be hilarious.  I knifed about 4 people, and instead of being shot, the medic whores shock paddled away.  When the dead were revived, before they got thier barings, I knifed em again.  Then the medics a few times.  Eventually, they caught on, but there was such a mess of oblivious medics, frantic pissed off people, all balled to gether, I managed to get a few more knifings in before I was shot.

Keep your self UNPREDICTABLE to the enemy.

Learn the server you are in.  Is the enemy unskilled?  Then use all the alleyways, lowpoints, and side paths.  IF you have a bunch of people who know what they are doing, they will also know those same spots, and bottle neck you.

THe strange thing is, sometimes, if you are dealing with skilled players, they won't expect a charge right up the middle.  Keep that in mind.  When people play IO so much, everyone develops a knowledge of the tactics to use, and defend accordingly, leaving you with a hard fight.  On rounds like that, people won't expect what normally would be a dumb move.

Basically, in IO, you'd better be excellent at a kit to get number one, or, do what most other people do, be a medic.  Also.  REVIVNG IS NOT PRIORITY.  Keeping yourself alive is.  IS someone dead aroudn you?  you have time to revive them. BUT FIRST, look around and make sure the coast is clear.  Dieing for ONE REVIVE is not efficient.

As a medic, Leave Medkits in areas that are high traffic, but ALSO the smart places for people to be.  Smart people get wounded more than the idiots that eat grenades and die instantly.  Heed the call of someone asking for Meds.

SHOCK PADDLES:  You don't have to be inches away from thier asshole to revive someone.  In fact, it's not too hard to run BY a fallen teammate and revive them, all while NEVER stopping.  Alot of people belly flop on the dead person and shock.  While being prone does reduce the size of your target zone, it basically immobilizes you for a few seconds.  Grenade bait. 

With EA's spectacular programming, it's actually harder to paddle someone when you are very close, or lying on them.  It's best, IMO, to be standing, so you can run if need be, and a few feet away from a dead teammate, for your paddles to work.  YOU CAN paddle someone lying dead while you are STANDING.

EDIT: More....

Be in a squad,  Watch your squad leader's ass first, your's second and squad members third.  The only time you should risk your ass to revive, is if it's a squad leader, on a map like Jalalabad, when you are USMC, and starting the round.

Going solo is the best way to get points, but you won't get shit if your team just sucks. well, usually.  Jalalabad is a slaughter if the US can't punch through, and the tickets will bleed away, or the uncap will get surrounded, leaving you dead more than scoring points.  Getting a few flags, in any map is vital, and usually makes it MORE FUN.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-02-21 00:11:34)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6203|Roma
I find I do better not following the pack and hitting most of the enemy from the side or back.
That way you get to steal some kills, and revive everyone else who reduced the enemy hit points.

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2008-02-21 03:20:43)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Simon
basically
+838|6669|UK

Wallpaper wrote:

Simon wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Jump around all the corner that you can.
Possibly the worst tip given in this thread, no offence.
Whilst you're jumping around the corner (not shooting, obviously), all I have to do is prone or strafe and I've already got the advantage of being able to shoot before you. heh
Thats what quick reflexes, proning-mid-air is for. And it isnt really because of the insane amount of claymores on every corner. Unless you have a smurf near by, or a competent medic behind you, and you dont jump, youre screwed. And we all know how hard it is to get a competent medic.
Dude, no matter how quick your reflexes are, all a good player has to do is prone for 2 seconds most likely killing you, if not, then all he has to do is strafe after that prone.. maybe we should try it on a server?
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6557|England
I suck at I/O and dont play on it but i did not buy this game for I/O
I got this game so i can play with the tanks and jeeps and planes and so on
I/O servers is for players who cant stand being killed by tanks and planes u big fannys
Simon
basically
+838|6669|UK

Richard2000 wrote:

I/O servers is for players who cant stand being killed by tanks and planes u big fannys
You kinda just explained why you're so retarded in your own post. You only hate IO because you suck at it, when we all bought this game we didn't know about IO mode either.. try playing some IO and getting decent at it and I would bet that you wouldn't hate it
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6685|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Our clan has a INF Only night tonight starting at 7pm, last weeks was the 1st and due to valentines a lot of members could make it (we only accept 20+) but your are more than welcome to join us and be part of the team work and I will offer as much help as possible.  The majority of us will be medics so for at least tonight your KDR should improve along with your SPM.

85.236.101.41:16867 or search under UK Gaming  (|2esurrection)

This isn't intended as an advert I'm just trying to help someone as much as possible as I have had help this week when requested (I'm just trying to give something back).
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6685|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Richard2000 wrote:

Or to use as practice for clanbase matches, I refuse to reply with a petty name call.
B3ing u P4in
+4|5974

Ec0li wrote:

Topic says it all really, so i was wondering does anyone have any tips or advice on how not to suck? I seem to sacrifice my SPM so i can raise my kd ratio but I do enjoy I/O sometimes, I'm just no good at it, generally I finish a round with my kills being equal to my deaths, sometimes I'll have a good day and own but it's not consistent. So does anyone have any useful tips for it? I know it's not easy to give advice on I/O as opposed to vehicles but any advice is welcomed. Thanks
Dont worry.

Im a nuub when i play IO too
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6314|The | Netherlands
I/O is srs piece of cake
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6572
best advice is: do exactly what the enemy does as soon as he does it. for example if he stands and shoots either crouch or stand and shoot, if he goes prone wait a sec then go prone aswell. another thing, dont just jump around corners, sidestep out, it seems much quciker to the enemy. when you aim try and aim on them when they are infront, if they are moving either shoot infront or behind, try out both to see what kind of server it is, when going long distance make sure you know how to aim with iron sights(there is a topic on here somewhere that shows you). just whatever you do dont go prone in close range, if you need to control recoil crouch. Long range is best time to go prone. Oh and a good way to kill ppl fast is to crouch, shoot a few bullets and go prone while still shooting, it is very good for HS. Oh and whats more long distance: 1shot M16 and AK are best, they are good in close range aswell but you have to be able to aim and i dont know if you can well eh try stuff out im bored dont be retarded either, dont jump about its useless sidestep left and right, it may not seem quick to you but its hard  for the enemy to keep cursor on you, oh and impact if you need some tips just ask son.

Last edited by c4_he_was_famous (2008-02-21 11:14:29)

SkaG-tgn!
+13|5983|London - UK
Play a bit of CS, then go into a BF2 server.

Reactions + Aim increase tenfold.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6520|Behind You

LiGaLiZe wrote:

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

I am gay, I play sniper and claymores are my main weapon. And i like to drop supplydrops and hide behind them. I am gay
Hey, did you mess with that quote?  HAHAHa, comedic genius!!!!  Original wit!
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6508|UK , Birmingham

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

best advice is: do exactly what the enemy does as soon as he does it. for example if he stands and shoots either crouch or stand and shoot, if he goes prone wait a sec then go prone aswell. another thing, dont just jump around corners, sidestep out, it seems much quciker to the enemy. when you aim try and aim on them when they are infront, if they are moving either shoot infront or behind, try out both to see what kind of server it is, when going long distance make sure you know how to aim with iron sights(there is a topic on here somewhere that shows you). just whatever you do dont go prone in close range, if you need to control recoil crouch. Long range is best time to go prone. Oh and a good way to kill ppl fast is to crouch, shoot a few bullets and go prone while still shooting, it is very good for HS. Oh and whats more long distance: 1shot M16 and AK are best, they are good in close range aswell but you have to be able to aim and i dont know if you can well eh try stuff out im bored dont be retarded either, dont jump about its useless sidestep left and right, it may not seem quick to you but its hard  for the enemy to keep cursor on you, oh and impact if you need some tips just ask son.
dont listen to this noob. his low-
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6360|Belfast
Dragshooting ftw!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard