PV-Provo
+-1|6641|'Nam, England
Yeah! Euro Force releasing in 5 days - Tuesday 21st Feb. Gonna be so good! Can't wait!!

http://www.bf2s.com/player/57962096/
E^vo1
+-1|6696|Canada
Will it be free or do we have to pay for it ? No stores are listing it...
thechanz
+-1|6617
yeh can't wait too, hope we can switch maps without opening a diff expansion. for example Strike at karkand and then euro force map. Coz its not possible to switch from bf2 to sf without closing the current game
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6682|atlanta

thechanz wrote:

yeh can't wait too, hope we can switch maps without opening a diff expansion. for example Strike at karkand and then euro force map. Coz its not possible to switch from bf2 to sf without closing the current game
I don't get the switching thing I keep reading about.  I pick a bf2 map when I am playing SF and it takes me right there.  Takes a little longer but I don't have to restart or close anything. Am I just lucky or misunderstanding the switch process you describe?
thechanz
+-1|6617
you have to pay for it, its probably around $10 or £6.  it will be download from http://downloader.ea.com/
E^vo1
+-1|6696|Canada

thechanz wrote:

you have to pay for it, its probably around $10 or £6.  it will be download from http://downloader.ea.com/
That sux. Oh well. I was wondering because normally when they release a product that we have to pay for, they also sell it in stores. I was hoping for a freebee

Last edited by E^vo1 (2006-02-16 16:44:03)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

E^vo1 wrote:

Will it be free or do we have to pay for it ? No stores are listing it...
You have to download it VIA EA...
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6737|Arizona
I thought there was already a thread bout the release date bein the 21st.  But anyways...I think it said it would cost $20 ...too much for a simple add on if you ask me...I'll live with SF.
thechanz
+-1|6617
sorry for my crap explaination. What i mean was if you was to play strike at karkand (Battlefield 2 Map), the server can't switch map to like for example Ghostown(Battlefield 2 Special Forces Map) without restarting the server. And when the server does restart to a Special forces Map, it will disconnect you of course, but when you go back to it "connect ip" or in "Favourites" and you are still in the Battlefield 2, it will close battlefield 2 and open Special forces.

i hope i explain it clearly enough, very confusing to explain but when you try it you know what i mean

hmm kinda think of it, it will probably have to have a server that plays euro forces coz what will happen for people without euro forces. Like you are playing battlefield 2 and the server switch to euroforces, then you will b fucked if you haven't got euroforces. So i think its probably like a seperate thing like thye did with Special forces

Last edited by thechanz (2006-02-16 16:49:16)

Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6644|Canada Eh?
EA's trying to push their EA downloader hence the reason its only available online, they saw how successful Valve's Steam program was so their doing what EA knows best, ripping them off.
vesty12
+0|6634|Copenhagen
What about the new unlocks that come with euro force.. Do you need to play that to get them?
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6700|Michigan
The release date and the fact that it costs $10.00 US has in fact been talked about. Please use search.
The switching thing is still in the air.

As for the weapons fo EF, common since would tell you you need EF to use them. The weapons were not given in the patch. Also, the weapons from SF cannot be used in bf2 unless you have SF.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by spacebandit72 (2006-02-16 16:54:31)

CRUSHER
+-1|6684
Who cares, I'm not spending any more money on this game. This patch blows, the atmosphere feels so slow and camp'ish.
E^vo1
+-1|6696|Canada

spacebandit72 wrote:

As for the weapons fo EF, common since would tell you you need EF to use them. The weapons were not given in the patch.
Then how can I have been killed by a P90 or L96A1 already ?
thechanz
+-1|6617
the P90 and L96A1 is a SF weapon, coz you need a SF installed to unlock, correct me if im wrong
E^vo1
+-1|6696|Canada
But they are not part of SF ? They are from EF...?!?!?!?!
elite
+89|6684|Sheffield, England
yeah we all couldnt wait for patch 1.20, guess how that turned out!
thechanz
+-1|6617
yeh thats what i thought, i think it is a EF weapon, but they put the new weapns on so it won't make the patch too bad if they don't like the fixes. Its just a guess lol
LoS-Infinity
+4|6728
ppl saved their unlocks untill the patch came out, then simply chose the 2 new guns
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6694
No L96a1 and p90 came with patch and are not sf or ef weapons
E^vo1
+-1|6696|Canada
They gave us a couple weapons so we wouldn't complain too much...hehehe
E^vo1
+-1|6696|Canada

Lt.Maverick|Lw| wrote:

No L96a1 and p90 came with patch and are not sf or ef weapons
Both are listed on the EA site as being EF weapons.
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6615|Annapolis, MD
I don't have SF and I didn't get the new weapons. Then again, my login screen still says 1.1.2. Is that bad? I can play on 1.2 servers though.
thechanz
+-1|6617
its ok, everyone seems to have that, mine still says 1.12 after installing the patch. It happens to everyone but im not sure if that applies if you install the full 1.2 patch, but as gameplay goes its the same
kalas
+-1|6619
i'm gonna buy the booster pack cause of the new plane

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard