KineticDeath
+2|6695
I have seen the complaints and I have seen the commendation, and like everyone else I have my own opinion.

Overall, the patch is good and will not effect my gameplay to a large extent. AA needed to make pilots more fearful as it does in real life. If I know a claymore is there, why would I set it off and kill myself? Weapon adjustments are what they needed to be so that certain kits get more play. And there are a few other things that make the patch good. But there are a few things that seem to be over corrected.

Bunnyhopping - Personally I never had an issue with this. A few shots with my DAO-12 or a couple well placed Pistol shots to the head showed most bunnies that they weren't invincible. I think the real complaint - mainly noobs - had about bunnyhoppers, was that it was repeated jumping and shooting. It is true that this is very unrealistic and since BF2 tries for somewhat realism, something needed to be done. EA/Dice, however, took it a little far with totally nixing jumping and shooting. There are perfectly legitmate times when you should be able to do this (ie while jumping over the sandbags at Sharqi entrance to shoot a proned enemy). It is my opinion, and others will/have agree/d, that if you were to "simply" take away one's stamina to jump if they were to jump and shoot that this would eliminate bunnyhoppers, but still make gameplay fair. 

Dolphin Diving - Again I never had an issue killing these guys - in fact it almost made it easier because they generally made their head the only target. But this also was very unrealistic to see a guy prone-unprone-prone-unprone-prone-unprone all in one jump (I saw someone use the word "mesmerizing" in reference to this and that noobs were in awe to the extent that they got capped. LOL - I have to agree.). But again EA/Dice went a little too far. Again there are perfectly legitimate scenarios where jumping and going prone once helps gameplay, but doesn't make it unfair or unrealistic.

(The word "simply" might be an understatement. Being a programmer, I understand the complexities that can be involved in making one seemingly minor change.)

Well that is my opinion - whats yours?

On a side note: I have noticed the following bugs -
1. A mysterious red distance tag seemingly under the map.
2. Can't see/hear people firing. This is often frustrating because it doesn't look/sound like they are firing then suddenly I am dead.
3. Complete Game Crashes!
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6780|Longueuil
i think its like total new physics now in infantry i get stuck to a certain movement when i do certain things like if i go farward and decide to duck to aim a target once every ten times ill get stuck for a second without been able to aim...shitty bug
if im stuck in a house i use to beable to prone jump out the windows now i cant...like wow this is way to much..or a tank i cant dive behind a corner to hide !!
AA is ridiculous if you aim a j-10 from a f-35 it will always miss on purpose but if your a f-35 and a misile see you he'll never miss...the way the misiles go is really ugly now i agree they needed better misiles but they could of work on the animation a bit more and on the capability to HIT everything not only f-35 and choppers...j-10 are like stealth to misiles...
i get randdom game crashes since the update and its way to easy to snipe since peolpe all go slow and cant really jump now you can make indestructible claymore walls just got my veteran explosive that way !!
I can kick the ass of the g3 and any other rifle Anytime with a PMK not even in prone position just while ducking
Did they relly think before testing that thing and the testers WoW
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6785
I played yesterday and I noticed for the first time an enemy with a blue tag.
I did not shot because he was blue tag and he killed me.
I knew about the red tag bug with a team kill for me when I killed them, but the blue tag bug is new to me.
Raevin
+0|6673
I agree on the jumping and shooting part, for the most part.  It's not as easy to hop a small wall and blast somebody, even with my DAO-12...and since AT does not carry grenades, there's little to help you out there.  Still...I'm willing to trade that off to prevent the guilty concience of knowing that I might have just killed the Easter or Energizer bunny and I sleep better at night knowing that Flipper can continue to live a full life because I didn't accidentally shoot him.

Last edited by Raevin (2006-02-16 15:52:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

EA needs to release patches that don't do as much all at once. I think stability issues are more important than stressing over what is already great balance and making the game 5:1 K/D ratio-accessable to players who've spent a total of two hours on a computer.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-16 18:58:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard