Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

your right, sys mech did nuttin.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
Ryan, if you look at the changes it says texture changes or whatever meshing or some technical stuff.  I bet that's it
Ryan

what do you mean? on sys mech?
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6693|Sweden

ryan_14 wrote:

what do you mean? on sys mech?
No but probably when you load a new game for the first time with this new server.

In 1.12 I actually saw a difference in the graphics; All walls, rooftops, ground and everything is "shining" i noticed it in Maashtur city when you first start that map you can see that the roof of the mosque is "shining". And the game was lagging more (for me).

But I havent seen any difference in the graphics in this patch. But It "lagging like Hell" anyway.
Ryan

Spearhead? what did you mean?
khmer
+86|6679|Central California

ryan_14 wrote:

Spearhead? what did you mean?
He was probably refering to a change in the patch which probably caused our problem.
This change: "- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering. "
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
^^^ yes, that
servotron
+0|6647
I am having the same problem, my machine is a 2.66gz P4 laptop with Mobility Radeon 9000 w/ 128mb.    The game worked perfectly until the patch, and I get no buildings and extreme slowness.

I noticed that if I am patient enough to "look away" like for instance, turn enough (which takes forever) to face a mountain or something where no buildings are visible, the game returns to normal speed.

I also noticed that even the videos in the background when you are selecting a server, etc, go slower than they used to, probably 5x slower.

If anyone finds out a fix, please let me know, I've tried everything (and I know what I'm doing!)
servotron
+0|6647
also an update:   I got an email back from a suspiciously automated-looking EA tech.... and basically in a nutshell it said "We never said that the Radeon 9200 was supported" (which is a lie/mistake, it says Radeon 8500 and up on the box) "and you should try to reinstall your drivers".

Yeah, right... of course that didn't do anything.  When the REAL heroes of this, the community (us) find a fix, please make it your duty to share with the rest of us who will undoubtedly be playing another game until someone comes out with a fix for this.

WHat a bummer!
icewarrior2005
+0|6714
I have a radeon 9000 and till this patch it ran fine but now nothing! No buildings, unplayable amounts of lag and if i wanna keep playing i need a F*****g new graphics card so yet again EA are causing everyone problems!

I hope something will be done 4 us but when it comes down to it EA couldn't care less!
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6742

I have a 9200SE, and i Cannot Play

BUT......after a whole Christmas + Birthdays Saving, I'm getting a new comp anyway.....awesome timing eh???

It'll be a

AMD 3500+  64-Bit
1 Gig Ram
ATI X800 GT 256 MB
160 GB SATA Drive

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2006-02-16 00:20:19)

M730A2
+45|6696
Well I have the solution.
I just bought a new power supply becouse my 250 W PS will not drive the new Video card I just bought. (GeForce 6800GS)

So, for those following along the total cost of BF2 so far is:
$50 For the base game
$30 For the SF mod to get the good guns for the base game
$149 For the 470 W Dell power supply to drive the new video card
$210 For the 6800GS video card to see the damn game.
$10 For the Europe theater mod (if the card and PS work)

Thnks for the fuking EA  - you RAT BASTARDS!
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6680|Broadlands, VA
Wow - SIX pages of posts.  I have not had time to read them all.  However, EA makes to secret about the fact that BF2 is "optimized" to run with NVidia cards.  So, again, sorry if this is covered, anyone having issues with video running NVidia cards?
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6735|cairns australia
it doesnt seem fair that lowest end cards are now not supported.i have a9550 and have no problems.if anything it lags less and is smoother.you may hope that new drivers may fix your problem but it looks like  upgrade time.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
The drivers don't help.
dark22horse
+0|6646
i got the same problem, i emailed ea and just got the same response as before, hopefully they will email me back after i emailed them again! i will let u guys know!
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6685|The Netherlands
hmm am not having any prob i did just downloaded the full patch from EA... but i must say my ping is higher with the new patch
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

hmm am not having any prob i did just downloaded the full patch from EA... but i must say my ping is higher with the new patch
LOOK DUDE,

the MAJORITY of people who downloaded the patch have got it working just fine

Please, only post if you have help to give or are having similar problems.  I'm getting sick of all the people posting their 1.2 patch success stories in this thread
{HH}Overby
+0|6646
Hey guys I have a 9200 with the same problems.  I've been bugging EA via phone just about every day now and got some answers. First they said my card was not supported but kind of changed their tone when I told them the box said a 8500 or greater. The person I talked to said ea games and ati were working to solve the conflict between the ati cards and the new patch. He did reference the many posts in forums so maybe all this complaining and stuff is working. I must say I was suprised to get the straight forward answers and a person that was actually helpful and not waisting my time. They recommended that we adjust our setting so they are the same as before the patch and wait until they could fix the problem with either a NEW DRIVER DOWNLOAD or a NEW FIXED PATCH. Lets cross our fingers and hope this isn't bs.

Last edited by {HH}Overby (2006-02-16 16:27:24)

Ryan

so how do i fix that problem Spearhead, if possible?

i guess i'll either just play 1.12 servers, or just not play until i get a new system.
[DotA]Zechs
+1|6646
I am new to this game only been playing for a couple weeks .  Like everyone else I was having no issues till this patch.  I am using a Radio 9000 so I guess I am like everone else that is screwed.

Zechs
Ryan

my clanmate said to try the Omega drivers instead of ATI drivers. i dont know where to get these from though
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6741

ryan_14 wrote:

my clanmate said to try the Omega drivers instead of ATI drivers. i dont know where to get these from though
Google is your friend!
But on another note does anyone have a 9550 able to play. I know 9000 is not working but what about a 9550?

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2006-02-16 18:14:22)

Possum61
+9|6749|Philly PA USA
Guys My game was great still this patch as well, Now I cant even log into my account  The error says "There was a error connecting to a socket "  WTF  is going on here  jezzzz
Ziggy_79x
+4|6686
From what I read on driverheaven.net the omega drivers don't help either. And a lot of people were saying that the omegas didn't mesh with bf2 very well anyway. You are just going to have to wait for a driver fix from ATI, IF there will be one or upgrade your video cards. I'm sorry guys but those are your only options.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard