Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6487|Vancouver, USA
Special Forces is better than vanilla.  It just seems the maps are more balanced and there is a ton of stuff you can do on all the maps.  VARIETY!!!
spuddy1981
+10|6370|england
do you think the maps are actually better or that the grapple + zip  just make it better?
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6420|Belgium

spuddy1981 wrote:

do you think the maps are actually better or that the grapple + zip  just make it better?
Both! Vanilla maps really have all useless flag bases. Dice did a great job in the expansion/ booster packs to increase the relevance of a certain flag in a fictitious background story .
And the grappling hook and zipline give so much more mobility to infantry so that you won't get mauled by all the vehicles on map.
Orangesr1337
+0|5989
In some ways i find that sf maps are better

I prefer sf over the others because it has a more "tactical" environment, and you are running around, feels more to an actual fight. You have access to some accessories, aka grappling hook teargas, and this allows much more exploring of your environment to get a better position to counter the enemy. It is also harder, and not in a bad way. Warlord for example, on a full 64 player game, it can get mighty crowded in some spots with all of your teammates in the same spot as you. This also leads to running into the enemy much more often than bf2. In that one, some maps are made for vehicles and air battles, while sf centers on the infantry, putting you in night time settings, small city maps, and more. The only disadvantage i find with sf to bf2 is that you can only use 6 unlocks while the other lets you use a total of 12. This does limit your variety of weapons, but this limitation is what lets your mind find a way to work around the problem. Occasionally, i find that on night maps, switching between night vision on and off means you can easily miss an enemy soldier wandering nearby. It is dark enough that anyone could make their way into the deepest of your base.

It has its up and downs, but i enjoy sf for its tactical setting and city fights in warlord and ghost town
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6156|San Antonio, Texas
Well, recently, I've found myself to bogged down by enemies that I don't use the tactical gear as much. And the Zip Line is pretty much useless in most maps IMO, especially when you can fall to your death deploying one.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
SF Does rock! Nightmaps are crap though, why? The friggin lighting!

*Put's Nightvission goggles on*
*Too much light*
*Put em off again*
*Need em again*
*Put on*
*Too much light again*

So I usuallly end up playing NightMaps without NG's at all..
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6574|England

RDMC wrote:

SF Does rock! Nightmaps are crap though, why? The friggin lighting!

*Put's Nightvission goggles on*
*Too much light*
*Put em off again*
*Need em again*
*Put on*
*Too much light again*

So I usuallly end up playing NightMaps without NG's at all..
Thats the problem I find, which is why Im constantly toggling them on/off. Extra mouse buttons ftw.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530
i never really gave sf a chance until recently. i've had so much fun playing it in the past 2 weeks, so i'll agree with this statement.
Cyrax-Sektor

ig wrote:

i never really gave sf a chance until recently. i've had so much fun playing it in the past 2 weeks, so i'll agree with this statement.
Wise man! It's easier to get more points in SF, but everyone else is rotting in Karkand.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

ig wrote:

Wise man! It's easier to get more points in SF, but everyone else is rotting in Karkand.
too bad nobody on my team never wants to get points. i was on a full 32 man warlord yesterday and i was the ONLY medic the ENTIRE round. 75% were snipers and the rest were support.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6574|England

ig wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

ig wrote:

too bad nobody on my team never wants to get points. i was on a full 32 man warlord yesterday and i was the ONLY medic the ENTIRE round. 75% were snipers and the rest were support.
Whats wrong with that? This game isnt about points, its about having fun, winning and killing people.
Honestly, points mean jackshit.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6389|the land of bourbon

ig wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

ig wrote:

warlord is karkand.  anything but warlord should get you a good variety of smurfs with different kits.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
spuddy1981
+10|6370|england
There should be a forced rotation of maps so that people have to play them all.  Its ok to have faves but there are too many wake, warlord, great wall, kark 24/7 servers.
jason85
Banned
+58|6005|Mesa, AZ

spuddy1981 wrote:

i think the grapple and zip lines make them better. So many maps would be epic on vanilla if they had grapple hooks and zip lines.  They just give more options to use instead of running around on the ground the whole time or finding the occasional building you can climb up.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6332|Graz, Austria

jason85 wrote:

spuddy1981 wrote:

i think the grapple and zip lines make them better. So many maps would be epic on vanilla if they had grapple hooks and zip lines.  They just give more options to use instead of running around on the ground the whole time or finding the occasional building you can climb up.
True.
Infantry warfare is much more 3-dimensional in SF than in vanilla.

Strange thing is that not really many people actually use those tools to their full potential.
For example, people tend to storm the palace on Warlord with full force through the front door instead of using the grappling hook to enter through one of the many windows.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6499|Menlo Park, CA
Warlord is fantastic!!! Its the map I play the most

And to the guy who says points dont mean shit. . . .  pffft!! If you team is kicking ass in points GENERALLY your going to win the round. . . .

I agree points arent everything, but they are vital to winning rounds!! In SF you rack up more points cause the maps are smaller and the flags are closer to each other.  I generally play assault or medic, although I do enjoy the Insurgent/Rebel anti tank (RPG) kit do to the fact I dont have to "iron sight" it to fire it!! The RPG is fantastic in SF!!
Longbow
+163|6655|Odessa, Ukraine
I miss M16A2 & M4 in SF...
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6336

love ghost town with a passion. Its my new most played map (on my main account) And Surge is a lot of fun also
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Cyrax-Sektor

Im_Dooomed wrote:

love ghost town with a passion. Its my new most played map (on my main account) And Surge is a lot of fun also
I'll stalk join ya some time.
0ne-eyed_joe
Hopper Chore
+14|5928|Lancashire,England

spuddy1981 wrote:

There should be a forced rotation of maps so that people have to play them all.  Its ok to have faves but there are too many wake, warlord, great wall, kark 24/7 servers.
Too many Great Wall servers! WTF!? Where do you live? I can never find more than 3 populated at once.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard