RFTBunny
+4|6482|United States
Hey,

Alright guys, here's what's going on.  Everytime I want to play BF2, the game just doesn't let me.  I load up and everything is fine, but when I want to join a server to play online, after a few seconds or minutes, the game just drops me.  It says "You have lost connection".  I don't understand.  There is nothing wrong with my connection at all and have tried multiple suggestions that people have told me.  This has happened at various times in the past and seems to have been an issue ever since BF2 was released.

Problem:
After joining online games, after a few seconds ... "You Have Lost Connection" error message

I have already:
Reinstalled, Repatched, Made sure I don't have a firewall on, Rebooted my router, Checked my internet settings

Analysis:
It is not a specific server, it happens in every server.  It isn't the physical computer hardware.  I built the machine and it was worked wonderful in the past.  The specs are very high.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6373|uk

Try joining the same server again, that usually "fixes" it.

Better it kicks you out before you load the map- it used to wait for me to load the map, verify all the data, then kicked me off to reload all over again.

If not, try deleting the Battlefield 2 folder in my documents, and updating Punkbuster (you will be surprised which Bf2 errors are related to Punkbuster, and which Punkbuster errors are related to bf2!), other than that..... you've done most of the things i would normally suggest

Last edited by Titch2349 (2008-02-18 13:02:51)

=DB4D=Slight
+8|6206
yeah, Punkbuster is almost certainly the cause of this. You can update it manually. Go to the punkbuster site and download the little prog and add BF2 check for updates, and jobs a good un. Probably.
RFTBunny
+4|6482|United States
I just tried updating PB via the punkbuster.com site.  It did not work.  I joined a server and was in 30 seconds disconnected again.  I don't believe this is a punkbuster issue.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6169|San Antonio, Texas
Are your network connections secure? Mine was a little loose, so I'd get disconnected every now and then. Make sure the cable(s) aren't stretched, tightened, or bent too much. Also, the shorter the cord, the less travel time for the information, so it's best to have enough length to have it comfortable, but not extremely long.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-02-18 14:00:20)

RFTBunny
+4|6482|United States
well this used to happen in the past and it had nothing to do with the cable .. the cable is in tight .. only happens when i play bf2
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6772|the middle of nowhere
This has happened to me before. All I did was uninstall, and sometime later (I can't remember how long, maybe it was months) one day I just decided to reinstall it, and it worked somehow. I have no idea what causes it or how to actually fix it. I tried installing bf2 again the other day but it didn't work. 1942 didn't work either, and I'll bet 2142 wouldn't work as well.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6373|uk

Titch2349 wrote:

Try joining the same server again, that usually "fixes" it.
RFTBunny
+4|6482|United States
someone please help ... still can't figure this out .. i did everything and i even updated punkbuster and all that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard