The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6691|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Firstly please forgive me in asking the following, in my defense I always try and and answer other peoples questions.

Please look at my stats  http://www.bf2s.com/player/43678181/   (try not to laugh to hard) and answer me this.

Will I get promoted? To a 1 star general?

I appriciate the delay over the weekend in gaining awards, ranks, promotions and maybe mine will come in time.

Maybe I'm missing out on the avaitar award?

Mods: Please delete and point me elsewhere if needed, sorry but UBAR confused me and that why I posted this.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6426|Somersetshire
no, i think you have to have that award
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6321|The | Netherlands
You need to get the Veteran Aviator badge, to promote to 1/2 star. Also you must have the time requirement, but you have that one.
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6386|Cali

3lmo wrote:

You need to get the Veteran Aviator badge, to promote to 1/2 star. Also you must have the time requirement, but you have that one.
pretty basic man, thought everyone knew this =\
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6699|Disaster Free Zone
Once you get your veteran aviator, you will rank up twice to Major General.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-02-18 02:09:55)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6691|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Thanks for the replies, well most of them.  Unfortunatley for me you'll see I don't do jets, or at least I don't fly them, just continually get bombed by them.  Ive only just started being a gunner in chopper within the last 2-3 months.

I saw how the game became almost new to me when I did get in the gunners seat and I imagine the game becomes new again once you start wanting to pilot a plane but is it worth the time and effort in learning when all along no matter where and when I play I can guarantee that someone else who can fly deserves that plane before I do (thats how I see it).
mosquito76
+3|5990|Aalesund,Norway

It is easy don't get that ugly star,it is cooler with the bird
cant wait to i get there long time to i now but...

https://static.bf2s.com//game-images/ranks/ubar/rank_17.jpg

Sexy
Hakei
Banned
+295|6013

1927 wrote:

Thanks for the replies, well most of them.  Unfortunatley for me you'll see I don't do jets, or at least I don't fly them, just continually get bombed by them.  Ive only just started being a gunner in chopper within the last 2-3 months.

I saw how the game became almost new to me when I did get in the gunners seat and I imagine the game becomes new again once you start wanting to pilot a plane but is it worth the time and effort in learning when all along no matter where and when I play I can guarantee that someone else who can fly deserves that plane before I do (thats how I see it).
Watch movies on youtube, check out the guides, read on the forums, spec decent players (even if you have to find a huge jetwhore where the server pings you 300) understand the advantages, and play wake island.

Personally, I think you'll be best learning how to jet in the F35, it will teach you to fly defensively, but also know how to own J10s.

Here are a few tips:

The J10 is regarded as one of the best jets, it can dodge missiles like crazy and turns tight. The F35 is classed as the worse jet (Missiles can hit through flares and they have a really huge turn distance.)

However, F35 has 1 thing over the J10, I believe the J10 has 12 seconds of thrust time, the F35 only 8 or so, however the F35 will handle well at 800 feet, and the j10 will have a VERY hard time controlling at that height. Also; get used from the very start with using C in the jet, to look behind and see if there is an enemy jet on your arse.

I guarantee within 50 hours of flying a jet (With all the pre education) you'll be able to own any pub nub in the F35, you can even own half decent people.

I personally believe the best way to kill a j10 is to spam missiles, this basically means you get behind a J10 real close, switch to missile mode and hit the fire button, the first missile usually misses, the second INSTANTLY locks onto the j10, and given how close you are to the jet, instantly hits. Best times to do this are when the J10 is:

Shooting at your Essex
Refueling
Shooting at a chopper

You see, the straighter the jet is, the better your chances are of hitting it, expect to die quite a few times, but remember that with every death, comes experience. I have a video that shows 5(?) J10 kills, and they all follow the same principle, spamming missiles so the enemy jet doesn't have time to decide if it's a stray missile or an AA.

Remember that if you fly in bomb mode (Press F to change) you'll be able to sneak up on the jet without them knowing (Assuming no one spots and he doesn't use C)

I'm no where near the best jet pilot, but I would rank myself pretty high in the F35 Vs. J10 public fights. Using a jet is probably one of the best things in the game, you can never get bored of owning J10 pilots, and the best thing of it all?

If you die, you're not the nub, F35s aren't great in the air, and everyone knows it, whereas if the J10 gets owned by you, feel free to tell the guy to go back to wake . If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

http://www.stage6.com/user/Hakei/video/2241629/

Last edited by Hakei (2008-02-18 05:53:21)

shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6693|Warlord/Bellevue,WA

1927 wrote:

Singleplayer Operation Clean Sweep

That's how I learned how to fly the jets and choppers. Once you start getting a feel for the jets,work on advanced techniques,etc. I think this is a better approach than constantly getting shot out of the sky on a multiplayer game, oh and do what Hakei advised.
1927(h)

Hakei wrote:

1927 wrote:

Watch movies on youtube, check out the guides, read on the forums, spec decent players (even if you have to find a huge jetwhore where the server pings you 300) understand the advantages, and play wake island.

Personally, I think you'll be best learning how to jet in the F35, it will teach you to fly defensively, but also know how to own J10s.

Here are a few tips:

The J10 is regarded as one of the best jets, it can dodge missiles like crazy and turns tight. The F35 is classed as the worse jet (Missiles can hit through flares and they have a really huge turn distance.)

However, F35 has 1 thing over the J10, I believe the J10 has 12 seconds of thrust time, the F35 only 8 or so, however the F35 will handle well at 800 feet, and the j10 will have a VERY hard time controlling at that height. Also; get used from the very start with using C in the jet, to look behind and see if there is an enemy jet on your arse.

I guarantee within 50 hours of flying a jet (With all the pre education) you'll be able to own any pub nub in the F35, you can even own half decent people.

I personally believe the best way to kill a j10 is to spam missiles, this basically means you get behind a J10 real close, switch to missile mode and hit the fire button, the first missile usually misses, the second INSTANTLY locks onto the j10, and given how close you are to the jet, instantly hits. Best times to do this are when the J10 is:

Shooting at your Essex
Refueling
Shooting at a chopper

You see, the straighter the jet is, the better your chances are of hitting it, expect to die quite a few times, but remember that with every death, comes experience. I have a video that shows 5(?) J10 kills, and they all follow the same principle, spamming missiles so the enemy jet doesn't have time to decide if it's a stray missile or an AA.

Remember that if you fly in bomb mode (Press F to change) you'll be able to sneak up on the jet without them knowing (Assuming no one spots and he doesn't use C)

I'm no where near the best jet pilot, but I would rank myself pretty high in the F35 Vs. J10 public fights. Using a jet is probably one of the best things in the game, you can never get bored of owning J10 pilots, and the best thing of it all?

If you die, you're not the nub, F35s aren't great in the air, and everyone knows it, whereas if the J10 gets owned by you, feel free to tell the guy to go back to wake . If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

+1 Isn't enough for the help.  I really do appriciate it and value your advice.  This alone has made me think about learning how to fly jets it will be like a brand new game all over again.  Ive tried before with a joystick but its not a great one and probably wrongly configured.  It also leads to problems when I fly a chopper, I can get up, go forward but cant land unless its on an Essex and then I'm coming in at a snails pace.  Time to ditch the joystick I think, read the bf2 manual again and then go see some video's.

I am very grateful and I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Thank you.

Shadow and others: Thank you very much for your help, and yes I know for someone who has played it so long, along with the help of UBAR I should of known the answer but I didn't.  As I thought, this was the right place to ask.  Thanks.
mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6201
lol...

to answer the question, after 47 hours more of flying a jet, YES, you will be promoted to general.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6013

1927(h) wrote:

Hakei wrote:

1927 wrote:

Here are a few tips:

Shooting at your Essex
Refueling
Shooting at a chopper

+1 Isn't enough for the help.  I really do appriciate it and value your advice.  This alone has made me think about learning how to fly jets it will be like a brand new game all over again.  Ive tried before with a joystick but its not a great one and probably wrongly configured.  It also leads to problems when I fly a chopper, I can get up, go forward but cant land unless its on an Essex and then I'm coming in at a snails pace.  Time to ditch the joystick I think, read the bf2 manual again and then go see some video's.

I am very grateful and I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Thank you.

Shadow and others: Thank you very much for your help, and yes I know for someone who has played it so long, along with the help of UBAR I should of known the answer but I didn't.  As I thought, this was the right place to ask.  Thanks.
I'll be PMing you about Joystick setup, quality of the joystick isn't really an issue, I have one with 2 buttons and 1 speed axis, I do fine

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard