Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6563|Florida
Well that was unexpected, Good for Newman.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
wow...
Strngs012
+40|6563|Florida
$10 say Kyle Busch blames someone else for him losing...lol!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6638|N. Ireland
Way to go Newman...awesome race Kurt! Montoya was *so* the cause of that fiasco.

Last edited by kylef (2008-02-17 16:03:56)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6590|The Land of Scott Walker
Flap your ears and go away Kurt ...

Haw haw, Kyle Busch says he got forced below the line.  Riiiiight.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-02-17 16:10:01)

Strngs012
+40|6563|Florida

Strngs012 wrote:

$10 say Kyle Busch blames someone else for him losing...lol!
HE DID IT, HE BLAMED OTHER PEOPLE FOR LAYING BACK ON THE RESTART. WHAT A FUCKIN PUTZ. I will now pay myself $10.
Stingray24
lol Roger Penske is wearing a Hendrick hat.
Strngs012
+40|6563|Florida
Oh my, I'm still laughing over Kyle Busch. I'm here all alone (except my dogs and there staring at me) and laughing hysterically at Kyle Busch the idiot.
Stingray24
Well Ryan's a nice enough guy, congrats to him.  If Tony gets penalized for clipping someone in traffic in practice I want to see Montoya's penalty for ramming Bowyer off the track.
Strngs012
+40|6563|Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

If Tony gets penalized for clipping someone in traffic in practice I want to see Montoya's penalty for ramming Bowyer off the track.
QFT
TGMaverick
+16|6375

Stingray24 wrote:

Well Ryan's a nice enough guy, congrats to him.  If Tony gets penalized for clipping someone in traffic in practice I want to see Montoya's penalty for ramming Bowyer off the track.
Tony wasn't penalized b/c of the "racing incident" in practice, he was penalized for playing bumper cars with Kurt Busch on their way to pit road/garage.
Stingray24
Incorrect.  Tony was penalized for clipping Kurt's car ... which is stupid imo.  Kurt cut Tony off and all Tony could do was move high to try to miss him, clipping the back of Kurt's car.  And Tony didn't touch Kurt's car on the way to the pit road even though Kurt rammed the side of Tony's car 3 times on the track.  Then Kurt went for Tony's right side AGAIN on pit road.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-02-17 17:10:42)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6667
weak ending. i was pullin for tony to hold them off. at least it wasn't a busch.
Stingray24
The timing of the wrecks really changed things up.  I wanted Junior or someone who hadn't won it to win.  So I guess in a way it was good Newman won since he'd never won it.  Certainly an unexpected ending.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6638|N. Ireland

Stingray24 wrote:

Incorrect.  Tony was penalized for clipping Kurt's car ... which is stupid imo.  Kurt cut Tony off and all Tony could do was move high to try to miss him, clipping the back of Kurt's car.  And Tony didn't touch Kurt's car on the way to the pit road even though Kurt rammed the side of Tony's car 3 times on the track.  Then Kurt went for Tony's right side AGAIN on pit road.
I'm sensing deja vu from last year!
Stingray24
Hello again NASCAR fans!  This week we move to California Speedway for the Auto Club 500 on Sunday, February 24th at 2:30 CST on FOX.  Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth were the two winners of the 2007 California races so look for both of them to be strong contenders along with the new Gibbs Toyotas of Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, and Kyle Busch.  Don't count out Dale Earnhardt Jr and we'll see if those Dodges can follow up on their success in the last race. 

Completed : 1997
Distance : 2 miles
Shape : D-shaped oval
Banking :
14° turns
11° frontstretch
3° backstretch

Frontstretch : 3,100 feet
Backstretch : 2,500 feet
Seating : 92,000

https://www.stagefronttickets.com/nascar/CaliforniaMotorSpeedway.gif
https://www.geocities.com/calif5fan/viewofturn1.jpg
https://autoracingsport.com/wp-content/uploads/nascar2007/california_speedway.jpg

For more commentary, visit these sites:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar;_ylt=Ajz … JT2bU5nYcB
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-02-21 10:34:11)

ig
+1,199|6667
wtf. since when do they use restrictor plates at tracks besides daytona and talladega. are you sure of this, or am i an idiot?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718

ig wrote:

wtf. since when do they use restrictor plates at tracks besides daytona and talladega. are you sure of this, or am i an idiot?
No dude, you arent an idiot hehe

Hey Stingray!!

No plates anywhere but Daytona and 'Dega my friend

Once again tho, nice opener for the weekend festivities
Stingray24
You are correct gentlemen.  Must have been the swapping back and forth between the Daytona post and this one that caused the error.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
All is forgiven hehe

We may live
Stingray24
Can't wait for 'Dega though!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6718
Practice and all that happy sh*t tommorow...time to get to it again
Stingray24
Hear about this?  Whoops, sorry NASCAR.  We didn't know we put the wrong nose on the car.  No harm no foul eh?  Not so much.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR on Wednesday issued penalties and fines to the No. 7 team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found during Speedweeks at Daytona International Speedway.

The No. 7 car, driven and owned by Robby Gordon, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3.10A (unapproved front bumper cover) of the 2008 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during opening day inspection for the Daytona 500 on Feb. 8.

As a result, Gordon has been penalized 100 championship driver and owner points.

Crew chief Frank Kerr has been fined $100,000, suspended for the next six Sprint Cup Series events until April 9 and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2008.

Gordon finished eighth in the season-opening Daytona 500. With the penalty, he drops to 40th in points with 42 -- 16 behind 35th-place Casey Mears.

Gordon had announced his switch from Ford to Dodge, along with a new partnership with Gillett Evernham Motorsports, five days earlier and inadvertently had used a Dodge Charger nose that had been submitted to NASCAR but had not yet been approved. Before qualifying for the Daytona 500 on Feb. 10, Gordon replaced the part with an approved Dodge Avenger nose.
ig
+1,199|6667
i'm going to the atlanta race boys!
my buddy's boss knows reed sorenson's parents and gave us 4 free tickets!
i can't freaking wait; it's going to be sweet. i haven't been to ams in like 5 years
Stingray24
Hmmm 4 tickets ... ig, TC, Stingray ... and still one left!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard