M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6266|Escea

MysteryJake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Maybe theyre gonna stick in some new maps or weapons along with some fixes.
As far as im aware more weapons wont happen because of the way the game engine was coded.
I have no conformation of that so I could just be speaking out of my ass.
lol
Hakei
Banned
+295|6039

MysteryJake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Maybe theyre gonna stick in some new maps or weapons along with some fixes.
As far as im aware more weapons wont happen because of the way the game engine was coded.
I have no conformation of that so I could just be speaking out of my ass.
Lolz.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6380
a new patch? hm. wonder what would happen. could be cool and bring ppl back, most the servers i play on are empty now

Last edited by JetSniper (2008-01-24 22:14:17)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6667|EU

its a bit too late for patch, but fingers crossed...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6760
They are done with BF2 and BF2142... no more patches...  for goodness sake...lol
Love is the answer
Wallpaper
+303|6037|The pool
Oooh, please be true!
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6735
The rate which grenades are supplied should be reduced, such as one grenade is resupplied for every pack. To reduce the severity of grenade spamming on infantry only.
bloodfury
+0|5959
Okay well let me give my backing to an upgrade to the black hawks minigun, no doubt it is way underpowered!

okay secondly the pilot in a transport helo has no abilities other than flying, I think a useful addition would be drop ropes, this would allow the exit of troops at a low level without the need to land; typically getting out at low level mean not enough time to open your chute and this incurs injury.

A second possible upgrade is a BF Vietnam winch system, to allow light object to be picked up, i.e. vehicles up to HumVee or equivalent size and maybe even crates.

What else oh yes more town maps, well just more maps and oh yes more maps.

For reasons explained we can't have any more weapons, but vehicles, especially transport helo's  would be a nice change say a Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion or Boeing CH-47 Chinook or CH-46 Sea Knight or even a AgustaWestland AW101. I know a super stallion coming over the horizon would be a lot more impressive than a punny black hawk. The CH-46 would definitely be more appropriate to mission with an aircraft carrier in them.
Oh yes last thing support guys machine guns, it never fails to amaze me that I can empty my clip at a point blank range and mange not to kill the guy standing directly in front of me, mean while he has had chance to reload his rifle and then proceed to kill me with one shot to the chest, even though I have a full bar or health, I’m sorry but no way, this has happened a couple of time now, seems to work fine if the opponent is laying down mind. I know machine guns are not accurate at range but a metre or so away, you got to be having a laugh.
Anyway just some idea to take on board
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
yeah the support PKM is way too powerful at range, also something that has peed me off with bf2 for years, the lack of ability in the AI to not respawn you Directly infront of an enemy tank/apc/person

how difficult can it be to just write a bit of code to make sure everytime people spawn its away from anyone on the opposing team, this would stop spawn camping, and also allow players to defend flags by spawning there and not dying instantly
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6043|The Mitten
are people still serious? EA is not going to update, not with a new game coming out....

why isn't this closed?
EE (hats
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
i don't think they will release a new update, but it doesn't harm to include some ideas just incase... plus i'm really bored
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6564|Polish state of EU
yeah its stupid EA have us deep in their ***, but i dont worry about it if they will concentrate on bf3 instead
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
it would be suprising if ea actually managed to finish a game properly
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|6032|Mountain Dew
Maybe their done and makes a  suprise = /
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5980|CANADA
G36e needs major changing... the best gun in the game should not belong to the f***ing medic!
Maybe semi-auto only, or 20 rnd clip...
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6479
The patch team at DICE Canada was sacked in October 2006. Why do you think the last patch changelog reads "October 2, 2006"? It was the day they were laid off.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i … tory=11153
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68401
http://www.tomsgames.com/us/fringedrink … st_ea.html
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6159448.html?print=1

They were in charge of making SF, the patches for BF2 and I think the booster packs.

So this is well and truly a wish list.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2008-03-18 17:20:25)

The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5980|CANADA
Only classes that get grenades: Special Ops, Assault, Support, and Engineer.
jason85
Banned
+58|6040|Mesa, AZ
Yea, I think my wish list would be to make the G36E about as accurate one of the LMG's so people will never use it and I don't have to see it on my screen ever again. I like the idea of one grenade per ammo pack, and I'd also like to see one claymore per ammo pack as well. Next would have to be for all servers to allow any type of language I wish to use, ie swearing. It's a fucking game where you shoot people, and they die. They aren't going to say "well, golly gee Earl, that Chinaman plum near took my gosh darn head off".
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
HAHAHAHHAHA i think that ending requires some karma giving
Lai
+186|6194

The_Lance_117 wrote:

Only classes that get grenades: Special Ops, Assault, Support, and Engineer.
..,for obvious reasons

In any case I think we can consider the 'recently' spread rumour of an upcoming patch a hoax,.. again.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6679|South Jersey
This patch is not happening.  Ever.
Icleos
+101|6786
The only thing that I see them adding to BF2 now is possibly some kind of lure into BF3.
BF2142 had the veteran status.  If you played BF2 you got a free unlock in BF2142 if you signed up for VS.
EA/Dice might do something like that with BF3...
User007Gamer
???
+21|6026|Dubai, UAE
To EA and DICE

I'd like to point out a chopper bug and a couple of requests. Chopper bug: when someone bails out from a chopper in mid air but not high enough to destroy the chopper when it lands, the sound of the rotors keeps on going even though they are not spinning. I rely heavily on hearing as well as sight, and it's VERY VERY annoying when I hear the chopper only to realise that it is on the ground with no one in it. Chopper request: Another thing that would be nice is that if the rotor startup is the same as the very first startup. For example, my teammate gets in a chopper and gets out again (don't ask me why he did that, this is just a simple example). I get in the same chopper but i am able to lift off immediately whereas he had to wait for the rotors to gain momentum. A longer, and CONSISTENT chopper startup time, regardless of whether it was used before, would make the game more realistic, and a chopper steal from the enemy harder. One last request: I would love to have a lean function, as it would make it harder to die from a dropped claymore. I would say that BF2 was THE first person shooter of all time if all the requirements in the first post, plus the ones mentioned in this post, were met for your next patch. Hope you hear us, guys.
User007Gamer
???
+21|6026|Dubai, UAE
Worth a try.....
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
wow you even waited a whole 5 minutes for someone from ea to get back to you, now that's what i call a real test of patience!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard