WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Meh, fuck Valentines day anyway.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

and a puppy for all!
If that's all you can say in response to my post, then I'm assuming you understand the hypocrisy here.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

and a puppy for all!
If that's all you can say in response to my post, then I'm assuming you understand the hypocrisy here.
You cant be the most powerful, influencing nation in the world with a high quality of life and do those things you are suggesting.  My point is exactly what my first post response was.  Does it really bother you that we are allied with the saudis, does it?You have no loyalty to this nation, why should the goings on of its foreign policy the least bit concern you.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-16 16:40:40)

Sorcerer0513
+18|6544|Outer Space

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

and a puppy for all!
You cant be the most powerful, influencing nation in the world with a high quality of life and do those things you are suggesting.  My point is exactly what my first post response was.  Does it really bother you that we are allied with the saudis, does it?You have no loyalty to this nation, why should the goings on of its foreign policy the least bit concern you.
Ah, so the mystery unravels... was wondering why all the hostility lol. What thread was that again? The guns one?
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

mcgid1 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Calling it "Valentines day" is very, very PC already. Its real name is "The Feast of Saint Valentine", however I don't know anyone who calls it that.
Just to add to this, Valentine's Day has become so commercialized that it really has lost any of its religious context, so there really is no reason to change its name.
tbh i didnt know it was religous at all
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

and a puppy for all!
Because as long as I pay taxes for this government, I have a right to a voice in it.  You may not like that because of my view on government, but it is true.

I care what they do in the Middle East because it inadvertently affects me.  Case in point, what they chose to do with Iraq has put our government even further into debt, which affects the value of the dollar, which obviously affects me.

All I'm asking is that we be consistent.  If we want to be seen as a force in this world for legitimate change, we need to pressure the Saudis to change their system.   We can't continue to let them abuse their women and think the rest of the world is going to see any sincerity in our involvement in humanitarian missions.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Ah, so the mystery unravels... was wondering why all the hostility lol. What thread was that again? The guns one?
seems like every post.
Turquoise
O Canada

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Honest Abe....   "Loyalty to the government when it deserves it..."   Mark Twain had the right idea.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6544|Outer Space
Yeah, found it already, but GS answered before I could edit post...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Because as long as I pay taxes for this government, I have a right to a voice in it.  You may not like that because of my view on government, but it is true.

I care what they do in the Middle East because it inadvertently affects me.  Case in point, what they chose to do with Iraq has put our government even further into debt, which affects the value of the dollar, which obviously affects me.

All I'm asking is that we be consistent.  If we want to be seen as a force in this world for legitimate change, we need to pressure the Saudis to change their system.   We can't continue to let them abuse their women and think the rest of the world is going to see any sincerity in our involvement in humanitarian missions.
arent you saving up for the move to canada?  why should you have a moral objection.  You can voice your opinion all you want, as I can as well.  I just think its funny, is all.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Honest Abe....   "Loyalty to the government when it deserves it..."   Mark Twain had the right idea.
you need to study your history of world civilizations turq, confederacies never last.  what you want in this nation is a confederation.
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

you need to study your history of world civilizations turq, confederacies never last.  what you want in this nation is a confederation.
One could argue that our own fight for independence from Britain was a movement toward confederation.

Independence is in the eye of the beholder.  I just prefer that whatever government I'm under is as small as is possible.

By the way, empires don't last either...  ours is crumbling as we speak.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-02-16 16:53:09)

AAFCptKabbom
+127|6660|WPB, FL. USA
No, it's still St. Valentines day.  If their business doesn't want to offend other religions then they should not do or say anything.  Simply put, it should be in their contract with parents that they do not support or practice any religious beliefs and therefor will not honor any request for exceptions due to a persons religious beliefs.  I think it's time to send a message to the owner that they are sending the wrong message by practicing an alternative activity - since children of all religions can become confused with this practice.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

One could argue that our own fight for independence from Britain was a movement toward confederation.

Independence is in the eye of the beholder.  I just prefer that whatever government I'm under is as small as is possible.

again read your history.  articles of confederation didnt work.  what didnt work then with a boat and a ferry fee in new york isnt going to work no with thousands of corporations and interstate commerce.  reality, its just outside your door.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-16 16:54:31)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

again read your history.  articles of confederation didnt work.  what didnt work then with a boat and a ferry fee in new york isnt going to work no with thousands of corporations and interstate commerce.  reality, its just outside your door.
How does it feel to know it all?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

super special
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

I think you'll find that before there was any appeasement to the Muslims, the Corporate Whores had already stolen the day as there's...

As a kid there really was no such thing, these days its pink heart shape crap wall to wall....

"Valentine’s Day" or "“Friendship Day" or "Day for Public Flogging of Infidels Who Insult Islam" I'm sure the Corporate Whores will flog the cards and other shite at huge markups ... so again the West will win over Islam.

reminds me of the Simpson's Love Day episode
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Turquoise wrote:

Anyway, what schoolteachers choose to do in the name of PC is their business.
No it isn't.
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

arent you saving up for the move to canada?  why should you have a moral objection.  You can voice your opinion all you want, as I can as well.  I just think its funny, is all.
The only moral behind all this is that the cardinal sin in my code of ethics is hypocrisy.  I don't care if we're conquering the Middle East or not, but if we do choose to go that route, don't pretend it's about democracy or terrorism.

We spend a lot of time pointing out the stupidity of much of Islamic culture, but then we turn around and support oppressive governments that promote this stupidity.  If we had any dignity, we'd initiate cultural changes in countries like Saudi Arabia.  We have the power to make that country less of a human rights abuser, but we choose not to because it might offend our business interests.
Turquoise
O Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Anyway, what schoolteachers choose to do in the name of PC is their business.
No it isn't.
Well, I mean...  it's the business of the local community.   Would you agree with me on that one?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

We spend a lot of time pointing out the stupidity of much of Islamic culture
I dont.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

super special
Like the kid in the photo you posted making fun of him or special as in All I say is ok and most of you are morons or 99% of you are dumb?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Day for Public Flogging of Infidels Who Insult Islam
I think that's fucking hilarious tbh. Saudi Arabia doesn't make me laugh much but if this is true, well, those guys are brilliant. Whoever made that line up deserves a medal
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

We spend a lot of time pointing out the stupidity of much of Islamic culture
I dont.
Touche...  but a lot of Americans do, and I can't blame them for noticiing it.  It's difficult for us to ignore something as silly as what the OP posted, but it should also encourage us to rethink who we've allied ourselves with and what exactly we're supporting in our foreign policy.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

super special
Like the kid in the photo you posted making fun of him or special as in All I say is ok and most of you are morons or 99% of you are dumb?
no more like kid.    But you sure as shit aint in the 1%.   Again though, its sad that you think Im making fun of the kid when I call you a retard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard