GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660

usmarine wrote:

You can try and shift manually, that's all I got.
tried it, naything.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6585|Mountains of NC

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine wrote:

tried it, naything.
we can always go back to the original horse power

https://www.quarterhorsecentral.net/images/Dunitsleandream.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine wrote:

tried it, naything.
we can always go back to the original horse power

http://www.quarterhorsecentral.net/imag … ndream.jpg
/Thread
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
Guess who just got a call from the mechanic
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Seremaker?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6016|...

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

What did he say?

"Your car is totally fucked and I need atleast $5000 to repair"?
inane little opines
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660

jarhedch wrote:

I can say without a doubt that it could very well be the catalytic converter, and no they aren't worthless, we wouldn't have clean cars today without them. I've seen a choked cat cause an engine to not run, and a 460 ford engine fail to reach 25 mph. They can be problematic, and judging from the miles on the car, it's a good possibility. Unless you have a check engine light on, hooking up and reading codes will do no good, as unless the lioghts on the ECM has found no problem with a sensor. . Is the Overdrive light on? if not, then the transmission ECM has no faults stored in it. you would be wasting your money having codes read that will have nothing to do with you problem. Drive it to an exhaust shop, pay the $20 it'll take to have them test the cat, and then go from there. My money's on the cat. a cat can cause problems and ECMs will not pick them up, as it is a mechanical not an electronic issue.
The dude just told me.  EXACTLY what you said and exactly how you explained it.  Something about exhaust...not enough power...pretty common I was 18,000 miles over warranty...quick fix.   Ill have it by the afternoon and its only going to cost $325.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

mexican?
Mekstizzle
WALKER

usmarine wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

mexican?
No it was seremaker, and it wasnt the mechanic it was the stable owner, and it wasnt the cat converter, the horse just needed some better quality grain

read the thread noob

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-15 10:50:46)

jarhedch
+12|6686|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

jarhedch wrote:

I can say without a doubt that it could very well be the catalytic converter, and no they aren't worthless, we wouldn't have clean cars today without them. I've seen a choked cat cause an engine to not run, and a 460 ford engine fail to reach 25 mph. They can be problematic, and judging from the miles on the car, it's a good possibility. Unless you have a check engine light on, hooking up and reading codes will do no good, as unless the lioghts on the ECM has found no problem with a sensor. . Is the Overdrive light on? if not, then the transmission ECM has no faults stored in it. you would be wasting your money having codes read that will have nothing to do with you problem. Drive it to an exhaust shop, pay the $20 it'll take to have them test the cat, and then go from there. My money's on the cat. a cat can cause problems and ECMs will not pick them up, as it is a mechanical not an electronic issue.
The dude just told me.  EXACTLY what you said and exactly how you explained it.  Something about exhaust...not enough power...pretty common I was 18,000 miles over warranty...quick fix.   Ill have it by the afternoon and its only going to cost $325.
that just put a smile on my face. Thanks GS
jarhedch

The#1Spot wrote:

Thats why straight pipes are ftw
heh, i got no cats (legally) on my pickup and firebird, and just a set of flowmasters on each, straight pipes are too harsh for my sensitive ears.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6585|Mountains of NC

good job jarhedch ......... now GS is going to be back on the road soon running over kids
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
all fixed, good as new.  Get this, the mechanics that fixed it were Iraqi.  I spent another 30 minutes just shooting the shit with them.  They were surprised at how well I knew their hometown. Saw them pouring chai and asked them where they were from. "Baghdad"
jarhedch
fantastic, glad it all worked out for you,
and BTW, thanks for the work you do in the service.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
thankyou.

they also said that that sensor problem I had, had nothing to do with it.  Seems like everything went to shit with my car this week.  Still have to change out my rear brake pads.
Reciprocity
+721|6597|the dank(super) side of Oregon
glad to hear you got it fixed without getting screwed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard