• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • any way to dl and use firefox on my school's computers?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521

mikkel wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

What are you paying them for. As in, what services?
He pays to go to the school you raging penis.
Obviously. He pays them for tuition. The point is that he likely doesn't pay them for the right to install software on the school's machines. Paying for tuition doesn't mean that the school's computers automatically become your property, just like paying for tuition doesn't allow you to stroll into the teacher's lounge and take a leak in their coffee pot.
gtfo

stef10 wrote:

Opera
sucks about as much as this thread

Last edited by ig (2008-02-14 11:33:27)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6643|Ohio

mikkel wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

What are you paying them for. As in, what services?
He pays to go to the school you raging penis.
Obviously. He pays them for tuition. The point is that he likely doesn't pay them for the right to install software on the school's machines. Paying for tuition doesn't mean that the school's computers automatically become your property, just like paying for tuition doesn't allow you to stroll into the teacher's lounge and take a leak in their coffee pot.
at my school it does.
Edit: I mean take a leak in the coffee pot. not use the computer.

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2008-02-14 11:35:34)

smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5930|Georgia, US of A
try installing it to C:/Printers, it works at my school, you could also set up a PuTTy server and run it off your home machine.  the printers folder would work due to the necessity for read/write privalges to print.  the thing about it is that it would only be on a single machine, not throughout the entire network...
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6112|SC | USA |
Meh, I don't have this problem. I'm in Engineering class. Our accounts are not locked. Period. Engineering ftw.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

ddenholm67 wrote:

Have u got a usb stick? If so...

try http://portableapps.com/

Install that on your USB stick, and run firefox directly from that. Its good.
Yep, I do that.

smartdude992 wrote:

try installing it to C:/Printers, it works at my school, you could also set up a PuTTy server and run it off your home machine.  the printers folder would work due to the necessity for read/write privalges to print.  the thing about it is that it would only be on a single machine, not throughout the entire network...
...and when the tech admins spec out recent changes to the drive, they'll see it.  Under Printers nonetheless, lol.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-02-14 17:37:48)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

install it using your own download on a usb
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6219|cs_connecticut‬‭
My school's computers suck. They are Dells. The teachers use Gateway Tablet Laptops. They aren't really laptops anymore though, someone stole 3 so now they are locked to the teachers desks.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • any way to dl and use firefox on my school's computers?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard