Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York
Dream On - Aerosmith. Possibly one of the greatest songs of all time with Joe Perry doing an awesome solo. It's not long, but it just really sets the tone of the song. He and Steven Tyler are my fucking heroes.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-02-13 18:35:22)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire

Ollie wrote:

Oooh, Little Wing is right solo.

that is truely epic

the rembrandt of music
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6399|Alberta, Canada
Something by Fast Eddie Clark.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6537|Washington
Megadeth no contest. Rust in piece is the best guitaring I have ever heard. It's one of only 4 guitar tabs book I use, and the neighbors love it too
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5979|Perth, indian ocean
Cliff's of dover, Eric Johnson
yeh i know hes on GH3, but fuck, i dont have that game, and they must have had some idea why to put him on.
The whole song is just one solo for me.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5927|Somewhere out in Space
Im disappointed by you guys, none of you have suggested Stairway to Heaven.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6752|Hell, p.o box 666

best solo of all time, hm, gonna be hard...

Paul Gilbert

anybody saying something else has absolutley nooooooooo idea about skills on e-guitars.

And who the f*ck said Dragonforce Hermann Li? Come on... Protools should ring a bell huh?!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker

Ty wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ty wrote:

I'd say Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. It's not incredibly difficult but it sounds just so heavy and awesome. Solos shouldn't be about how difficult they are to play, more how musically brilliant they are. Comfortably Numb is way up there on that list, especially if you consider the Pulse version.

Stuff like Dragonforce doesn't impress me. To my ears it's the sound of wasted talent. Sure they play incredibly well, but it's just a mish-mash of noise rather than anything remotely musical.
Clean tone?  Here ya go ...

2:30 in is where it gets good ...
I don't dispute that that is good, but in music it's not all about the notes you play, more important is the notes you leave out. Generally in metal, in particular speed metal, artists just don't do that, and although what they play is impressive it's just constant noise which although sounds good is lacking a lot of musicality.

Eric Johnson is very good at the guitar. I'm just not a fan of his music.

Call me a snob. Meh.
Nah, no one that likes Floyd is a snob.
Christbane
+51|6231

Ty wrote:

I'd say Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. It's not incredibly difficult but it sounds just so heavy and awesome. Solos shouldn't be about how difficult they are to play, more how musically brilliant they are. Comfortably Numb is way up there on that list, especially if you consider the Pulse version.

Stuff like Dragonforce doesn't impress me. To my ears it's the sound of wasted talent. Sure they play incredibly well, but it's just a mish-mash of noise rather than anything remotely musical.
that is a kick ass solo!  you are so right.  the mood the song puts you in, and then the solo.    I'll have to give dragon force a listen.
Presence
+2|6314

Led Zeppelin, Since I've Been Loving You
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Solo is at 2:28, but the whole song is awesome.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2008-02-14 10:46:39)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

the question isn't - What is the best solo of all time? but Who is the best solo of all time?

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/toternator/Han-Solo.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
greensprite
awsm
+13|6162|Germany
the one of John Frusciante at the end of parallel universe or Scar Tissue. search for it on youtube " RHCP slane castle" and the "scar tissue" or "parallel universe" <- sry but i am too lazy to post it here
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6640|Ohio

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Im disappointed by you guys, none of you have suggested Stairway to Heaven.
I agree. I love all of David Gilmour's solos, and Megadeth and all of the other bands mentioned have amazing solos (Van Halen especially), but the solo from Stairway really is the greatest solo ever.
PeoNinja
Ninja Fart - Silent but Deadly
+31|6194

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard