TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

bf2gammer wrote:

TeamOrange wrote:

bf2gammer wrote:

WTF ARE YOU THINKING... that kid was being nice... are they supposed to look up all the ordinances that the city/ state has? i could understand a warning but this went way to far.
I didn't know "respect" was a a city/state ordinance
I didn't know that skating as a hobby is disrespectful.
It isn't, but then when you skateboard where it is off limits then call a cop dude and back talk a cop; that is disrespect.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

justice wrote:

you've taken it from the wrong end of the stick, and now I have to post this, at 1am in the morning, when I really should be in bed...
Oh well yes killing is irrelevant from pushing a little punk.  Ya, how crazy of me.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US
That was one of the most out-of-line things I've ever seen. Fuck that cop I wish I was there to give him death by a thousand cuts.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand

usmarine wrote:

justice wrote:

you've taken it from the wrong end of the stick, and now I have to post this, at 1am in the morning, when I really should be in bed...
Oh well yes killing is irrelevant from pushing a little punk.  Ya, how crazy of me.
Look, A police officers reaction to THAT situation should not be like that, that is more the reaction of an alcoholic dad.

That TYPE of reaction does not happen in the UK police force.

Would you like me to simplify it anymore?

You started turning my point into something else, fine but don't get me involved.

/face fucking desk.

Last edited by justice (2008-02-13 20:15:58)

I know fucking karate
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6724|SPARTA

Vilham wrote:

SineNomine wrote:

Vilham wrote:

If you were a grown up and did what the kid did you would be under arrest in a second. To be fair to the officer he didnt assault him from what i saw. He tried to confiscate his skate board and the kid resisted.
based on what law? so far anglo-american law is comparable to german law i can say there is no reasonable motivation for that. because in german law you cant just confiscate things as you wish, and of course not for the reason the cop had. had this happend in germany this cop could kiss his sorry ass goodbye.
SKATING ON SIDEWALKS IS ILLEGAL IN CERTAIN AREAS.

If I drove along the damn pavement my car would be impounded within two seconds of a cop seeing.
i know, boy, but that is no  reason to confiscate anything. you get a fine and thats just it, like here in germany. your personal property is, as it says YOURS, not to be taken by anyone and protectet by the constitution until a JUDGE not a COP says somthing else.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6370|Calgary, Canada
That cops a complete ass.
Sure the kid was being a dick and maybe not showing the "respect" he should.
But hes 14.
If the guy was a 30 year old crack dealer, ok he delt with the situation good.
But a 14 year old skater? Could have been delt with MUCH better.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
It reminds me of the security guards in my high school. They call my school "the pharmacy", so I can understand why there are so many...but it's becoming ridiculous. They give breathalyzer tests to kids who are holding WATER BOTTLES. One girl got pulled out of my class on the Holocaust (and my teacher related him to the gestapo, fittingly) and she told us that the Dean thought she was depressed and drinking vodka out of her water bottle, and demanded she take a breathalyzer test. Even my teacher said "You guys are fucking sheep...when are you gonna stand up for yourselves?"

All I know is, if they were to call me down and demand I take a breathalyzer test for some assinine reason like that, I'd tell them to 1) call my parents first and 2) call the cops.

I don't get people.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

justice wrote:

You started turning my point into something else, fine but don't get me involved.

/face fucking desk.
No, your point is how he handled the situation yes?

Then you say cops in other countries do not make wrong decisions in fairly simple situations.

I show you they do.

You say I do not get the point.

Eh?

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-13 20:19:08)

shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX

Vilham wrote:

SineNomine wrote:

Vilham wrote:

If you were a grown up and did what the kid did you would be under arrest in a second. To be fair to the officer he didnt assault him from what i saw. He tried to confiscate his skate board and the kid resisted.
based on what law? so far anglo-american law is comparable to german law i can say there is no reasonable motivation for that. because in german law you cant just confiscate things as you wish, and of course not for the reason the cop had. had this happend in germany this cop could kiss his sorry ass goodbye.

If I drove along the damn pavement my car would be impounded within two seconds of a cop seeing.
If there is no sign stating that you are not permitted to skateboard in a certain area (this could be due to it falling off, not being there, or paint on it wearing away) then he should not have gotten in any trouble.

A few months back my friends and I got stopped from a game of hide and seek (yes....hide and seek) by some cops. We were playing it at our local elementary school which is apparently trespassing after a certain time at night (since there were no signs we did not know this). We got in no trouble at all. All that happened was my friends car got searched (the cop asked and he said yes since he had nothing to hide) and he took whatever I.D.'s we had on us and ran them in his car (no idea why...).

This is just fucking stupid. I have been told not to skate at places but whenever we get told to leave that's all the cop ever says.

Another part that TICKS ME OFF like no other is this:

Cop: Didn't your father ever teach you how to-

Kid: I don't have a fathe-

Cop: DON'T BACK TALK ME!

WHAT AN IGNORANT FUCKING PRICK!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand

usmarine wrote:

justice wrote:

/face fucking desk.

Then you say cops in other countries do not make wrong decisions in fairly simple situations.

I show you they do.

Eh?
Actually no, my wording was "similar situation"

Whilst you may reagard 100's of police fighting against demonstrators at a G8 summit, similar to giving a 14 year old kid a telling off for skateboarding on the sidewalk, I don't.

"Then you say cops in other countries do not make wrong decisions in fairly simple situations."

If that is what I had said, then I would be in complete agreement with you.

Last edited by justice (2008-02-13 20:26:10)

I know fucking karate
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

justice wrote:

usmarine wrote:

justice wrote:

/face fucking desk.

I show you they do.

Eh?

Whilst you may reagard 100's of police fighting against demonstrators at a G8 summit, similar to giving a 14 year old kid a telling off for skateboarding on the sidewalk, I don't.

"Then you say cops in other countries do not make wrong decisions in fairly simple situations."

No, you are just splitting hairs.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

shadowcell_01 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

SineNomine wrote:

If there is no sign stating that you are not permitted to skateboard in a certain area (this could be due to it falling off, not being there, or paint on it wearing away) then he should not have gotten in any trouble.

A few months back my friends and I got stopped from a game of hide and seek (yes....hide and seek) by some cops. We were playing it at our local elementary school which is apparently trespassing after a certain time at night (since there were no signs we did not know this). We got in no trouble at all. All that happened was my friends car got searched (the cop asked and he said yes since he had nothing to hide) and he took whatever I.D.'s we had on us and ran them in his car (no idea why...).

This is just fucking stupid. I have been told not to skate at places but whenever we get told to leave that's all the cop ever says.

Another part that TICKS ME OFF like no other is this:

Cop: Didn't your father ever teach you how to-

Kid: I don't have a fathe-

Cop: DON'T BACK TALK ME!

WHAT AN IGNORANT FUCKING PRICK!
Call it man hunt when your in High school.

Ya but you didn't  back talk the cop I'm sure and addressed him as either "sir" or "officer".
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

justice wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

justice wrote:

Only in America would you get fucking idiots like him, his cause may have been right, but that was handled in completely the wrong manner.
You find them anywhere.
You find me an officer in Europe who would handle a situation like that, and I'll agree, but you wont be able to.

Just a fat fuck on a power trip, overly patronising .

It sounded like something out of the school playground, not a police officer.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6724|SPARTA

usmarine wrote:

justice wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I show you they do.

Eh?

No, you are just splitting hairs.
an d you are doing it with  him seems you like it  ......just had to say that
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
Look marine, I have said cops in the UK/europe would handle a "similar" situation much better than that.

Then you say "so cops in other countries dont make wrong decisions in simple situations?"

your going off on a tangent, no one is splitting hairs here.

Can I go to bed now? I have to wake up in 2 hours to catch a flight.

Last edited by justice (2008-02-13 20:35:08)

I know fucking karate
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

justice wrote:

no
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

You can see the age difference on this forum, in this thread

one side - he was a asshole cop blah blah

other side - cop did right, punk ass kids need some respect beaten into them
def. not age difference. its maturity difference. nuk, I, and patton all agreee that the cop was in the right, and we're all young.

@trash. thats great, but i notice you don't defend your position....
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
hahahaha cops are funny sometimes, I've got nothing against people keeping the peace, but there are quite a few douche bag cops out there.
Funny thing is cops had me in a car one time, I lipped them off like no other, just went to town, and they let me go, no strings.
Then another time I get pulled over for speeding, no previous tickets, no previous warnings, am as polite and understanding as can be, and the guy  give me double the fine for reckless driving.
In my home town growing up, (It was a small town) they made some laws agains skating, all we would do is run when they came along, it was fun in the end, like a game, a couple times they caught us went we thought we had gotten far enough away, and all that happend was we talked with them about the chase, and their guns usually.
The cop in the video was a full on douche bag though, its only so long before he meets someone who dosent give a fuck and they just bash him with their skate and take off.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6158|Anaheim, Mexifornia

usmarine wrote:

justice wrote:

no
Well thats unfortunate.
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

Stingray24 wrote:

Home wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Maybe now he'll figure out that he should answer clearly and end the sentence with "sir" when an officer asks a question.
You see, everyone is saying this is an issue of respect. My question is, why exactly should he be adressing this guy as "sir" when he's acting like an asshole? If a cop pulls me over or comes and talks to me or something, I'll treat him respectfully, just like a normal guy. We wouldn't have a problem. But if a cop comes up, flipping out, over reacting, and generally acting like an ass, then no, I'm not going to treat him respectfully, and I'm sure as hell not going to call him sir.
The kid started it by not following the officer's orders and on top of it, calling the officer "dude" repeatedly when he had been directly told not to.  Had he immediately responded to the officer's questions and called him "sir" this wouldn't even be a story.  Even if one encounters on overreacting officer, one does not make the situation worse by being disrespectful.  Pretty simple really.  I have gotten out of 5 speeding tickets in my 12 years on the road ... even when I was going almost 12mph over.  Why?  I put the officer at ease by following orders and addressing him as "sir" and I didn't bs him.  This kid broke all 3 of those rules.  If I had decided to be a jerkoff like that kid, I'd have $1,000 worth of tickets and I'd deserve it.
Maybe if they had called him "sir" it wouldn't have been a problem, but the cop was looking for a fight. After they hit a lull in the argument, he started to walk away, but then he came back because he decided he hadn't messed with the kid enough. And sure, you can bend over for the law everytime they pull you over, but I don't do that. I don't do it for anyone. I will not address the average cop that pulls me over as sir because that is reserved for the utmost respect. Maybe a WWII vet or a holocaust survivor or something, that's who I would call "sir" because I have a different kind of respect for them. I realize that they went through something I will probably never have to go through and that it took the utmost strength to get through. A cop is not that kind of person. He was just some guy who chose a different career path, for whatever reason. And from my experience, some cops abuse their power, which makes them even less deserving of the title of "sir" than the average joe.

Ender2309 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

def. not age difference. its maturity difference. nuk, I, and patton all agreee that the cop was in the right, and we're all young.
And no, it has nothing to do with maturity. I am in high school, and I guarantee I am as mature, if not more, than you, patton, and nuk. It's simply a difference of opinions.

Last edited by Home (2008-02-13 21:54:37)

David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Ok if i was the kid i'd take that skateboard and crack it over the cops skull.

Then steal his cart and joyride my ass in it off into the sea.

Last edited by David.P (2008-02-13 21:57:39)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

Home wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Home wrote:

You see, everyone is saying this is an issue of respect. My question is, why exactly should he be adressing this guy as "sir" when he's acting like an asshole? If a cop pulls me over or comes and talks to me or something, I'll treat him respectfully, just like a normal guy. We wouldn't have a problem. But if a cop comes up, flipping out, over reacting, and generally acting like an ass, then no, I'm not going to treat him respectfully, and I'm sure as hell not going to call him sir.
The kid started it by not following the officer's orders and on top of it, calling the officer "dude" repeatedly when he had been directly told not to.  Had he immediately responded to the officer's questions and called him "sir" this wouldn't even be a story.  Even if one encounters on overreacting officer, one does not make the situation worse by being disrespectful.  Pretty simple really.  I have gotten out of 5 speeding tickets in my 12 years on the road ... even when I was going almost 12mph over.  Why?  I put the officer at ease by following orders and addressing him as "sir" and I didn't bs him.  This kid broke all 3 of those rules.  If I had decided to be a jerkoff like that kid, I'd have $1,000 worth of tickets and I'd deserve it.
Maybe if they had called him "sir" it wouldn't have been a problem, but the cop was looking for a fight. After they hit a lull in the argument, he started to walk away, but then he came back because he decided he hadn't messed with the kid enough. And sure, you can bend over for the law everytime they pull you over, but I don't do that. I don't do it for anyone. I will not address the average cop that pulls me over as sir because that is reserved for the utmost respect. Maybe a WWII vet or a holocaust survivor or something, that's who I would call "sir" because I have a different kind of respect for them. I realize that they went through something I will probably never have to go through and that it took the utmost strength to get through. A cop is not that kind of person. He was just some guy who chose a different career path, for whatever reason. And from my experience, some cops abuse their power, which makes them even less deserving of the title of "sir" than the average joe.

Ender2309 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

And no, it has nothing to do with maturity. I am in high school, and I guarantee I am as mature, if not more, than you, patton, and nuk. It's simply a difference of opinions.
I'll qualify that as generally, then.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
I don't like most skateboarders.  I'm not even sure he was a full cop.  I don't like pompus parking-ticket "cops" either.  It's kinda entertaining when they get into an arguement though.
Defiance
+438|6672

Yeah, he was a bit of a bitch. Tough break.

In any case, it is still the kids problem. The cop can yell and scream all he wants but as far as "standing up for yourself," that should get shoved up your ass. If your parent, teacher or police officer tells you to do something (within the context of their job) you do it there and then. Idiot kids on the street and idiot kids in high schools that I have to sit in class with.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
I wonder if the current generation of adults was as pathetic during childhood as so many American kids are now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard