ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6482|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7241909.stm

Sorry if it has been posted but i did search and found nada, so if it has been made already im sorry..

Anyway this car is awesome, if i could drive i would have one... 0 emissions!

Who else would have one...?
greensprite
awsm
+13|6174|Germany
well i doesn't look that good but if i had a driver license and the money i would have one for sure
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...
I think that's brilliant but I want a more shiny car than that.
inane little opines
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
Why do the new 'enviromental' cars allways like shit? Nice idea though.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

For only £2500 BRAND NEW, and current petrol prices...Id be surprised if this wasnt a major hit. Although its not the nicest looking of cars, Im sure that other models can and will be developed.

Only problem will be filling it though, how many compressed air stations are around the country?
Seriously, its this kind of thing that should take over. Petrol will not last forever so huge investment should go into making this almost a standard. Then we can pull out of the middle east as we wont need (as much) oil, less troops getting killed. Voila.

RDMC wrote:

lol, so true.

Last edited by Snake (2008-02-13 11:19:23)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6557|UK

Jesus, its about as fugly as that gee whiz.

Prolly just as unsafe.  U go on saving the plannet, good luck in that collision with paper mache :\

Martyn
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6716|th3 unkn0wn

RDMC wrote:

Like shit?? eh???

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2008-02-13 11:24:30)

TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6632|Birmingham, UK
I'd like to point out that although this car will have no direct emissions it will still have a "carbon footprint" because of the production of compressed air using a gas compressor (there are many ways to do this).
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
"The first buyers will be people who care about the environment," says French inventor Guy Negre.

"It also has to be economical."

Well no shit, people aren't going to buy it because they like the look of it...
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6648|Your moms bedroom
good idea, must work on the diesel principal. probably has shit for power, and it is only going to be sold in India.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

TheDarkRaven wrote:

I'd like to point out that although this car will have no direct emissions it will still have a "carbon footprint" because of the production of compressed air using a gas compressor (there are many ways to do this).
I know, but the article also states there are various kinds of fuels of which they can be filled, and I'm wondering what kind.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-02-13 11:27:28)

inane little opines
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6482|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Locoloki wrote:

good idea, must work on the diesel principal. probably has shit for power, and it is only going to be sold in India.
Kind of pleased by that, they are dirty bastards with pollution all over the show..this would help curve this, same with china i hope it goes on sale there too..before they get too comfortable with the big cars.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Like shit?? eh???
I mean that those cars allways emphasis the new technology but never appearance. Why not make a car that runs on air but has the looks of a Mercedes or something else.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6632|Birmingham, UK

dayarath wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

I know, but the article also states there are various kinds of fuels of which they can be filled, and I'm wondering what kind.
No, it says that the burner that aids it on longer journeys to increase the gas' pressure on the pistons can take any kind of liquid fuel.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6594|Sweden
Finally i say! This looks awesome for the environment. And every gas station has compressed air. If they could make a sporty two or three seater aswell this will be a huge hit. The only thing that concerns me is the speed. I guess it won't be very fast wich can be complicated on the freeway.

If it comes to Sweden i'm sure as hell buying one to use in my work.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

TheDarkRaven wrote:

dayarath wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

No, it says that the burner that aids it on longer journeys to increase the gas' pressure on the pistons can take any kind of liquid fuel.
doh. anyway we will see what kind of system he uses. the carbon problem should be way less pollutive than the usual. Should be.
inane little opines
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6716|th3 unkn0wn

dayarath wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Probably antimatter, which I've heard is environmentally friendly
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6363|England - Kent

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

dayarath wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Probably antimatter, which I've heard is environmentally friendly
Until it comes into contact with matter and reacts very violently as in worse than nuke violently. 

Last edited by xRBLx (2008-02-13 11:42:13)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6716|th3 unkn0wn

RDMC wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Like shit?? eh???
I mean that those cars allways emphasis the new technology but never appearance. Why not make a car that runs on air but has the looks of a Mercedes or something else.
Oh, you meant to say - always "look" like shit. You missed "look". For a moment there I thought you'd meant that the car runs on manure/methane gas
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
It's a step forward. As are hydrogen cars. All it does now is move the pollution from the streets to the power stations. Now, if you could get rid of all oil/gas/burning power plants, replace them with non-polluting/global warming ones and then get these hydrogen/air cars into the mainstream, then you'd be talking about saving the environmentz
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6516|Bournemouth, South England
It does ooze pure gayness to look at, but what a great idea.  I reckon the oil companies will buy the rights to it and not develop it...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6230|Escea

Snake wrote:

For only £2500 BRAND NEW, and current petrol prices...Id be surprised if this wasnt a major hit. Although its not the nicest looking of cars, Im sure that other models can and will be developed.

Only problem will be filling it though, how many compressed air stations are around the country?
Seriously, its this kind of thing that should take over. Petrol will not last forever so huge investment should go into making this almost a standard. Then we can pull out of the middle east as we wont need (as much) oil, less troops getting killed. Voila.

RDMC wrote:

lol, so true.
I wonder if they'll do a V8 version?

THEY BETTER! *shakes fist

can you tell I want a V8?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK
DAMMIT!

I had an idea just like that years ago, what is up with my ideas being used?

Maybe its the scientist inside me rising...
Volatile
+252|6712|Sextupling in Empire

That Negre is crayzee.

Sign me up please. Fuck OPEC.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
And how do you compress the air for it? With compressors run on electricity produced in oil, coal and gas power stations, that's how...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard