Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Hello BF2s NASCAR fans!  Come to this thread to discuss the latest and upcoming events in NASCAR.  Each week I will do my best to post an update before an upcoming race including track info, fastest qualifiers, and other news from around the series. 

The next race will be the Gatorade Duels on Thursday February 14th at 1pm and 2:30pm central time on SPEED channel.  These races will allow those who did not have a fast enough qualifying lap to still earn a position in the Daytona 500 that will run on Sunday February 17th. 

Here's some info on Daytona International Speedway:

Distance : 2.5 miles
Shape : Tri-oval
Banking : 31° turns3° straights
Frontstretch : 3,800 feet
Backstretch : 3,000 feet
Seating : 168,000

https://assets.espn.go.com/i/travel/guides/nascar/740daytona.jpg
https://www.tickco.com/Images/VenueMaps/449.gif

The top 10 qualifiers for the Daytona 500 are:
Jimmie Johnson - Chevrolet
Michael Waltrip - Toyota
Joe Nemechek - Chevrolet
David Reuitmann - Toyota
Dave Blaney - Toyota
Casey Mears - Chevrolet
Travis Kvapil - Ford
Denny Hamlin - Toyota
Boris Said - Ford
Jeff Gordon - Chevrolet

previous design
https://www.thesundayhauler.com/store/media/2006_NEXTEL/2006JJ48BRICK2.jpg

new design
https://www.jayski.com/schemes/2007/ncup/48lowes-COT-lside.jpg

The new car design has fully replaced its predecessor for the 2008 season.  As a result, a larger restrictor plate is allowed on the engine by NASCAR.  This larger plate brings more air into the engine through the carburetor than the previous design.  The engines now have more power   enabling the drivers to maneuver with less help from other cars on the superspeedways where drafting is necessary.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

inb4euroinvasion

I will watch the end I guess.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-12 09:39:55)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Currently watching Daytona Race 1 '08 (I know who won already but I never saw the race) - just on lap 4 now.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
You beat me too it...damnit :p

Nice set up Stingray.

Looking forward to this year I am
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
can't wait. this is going to be a great season.
Stingray24

kylef wrote:

Currently watching Daytona Race 1 '08 (I know who won already but I never saw the race) - just on lap 4 now.
That was a great race.  An indication of great things to come this year.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

What's NASCAR?

Nose-Alerting-Sex-Craving-Actor-Rectums?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What's NASCAR?

usmarine wrote:

inb4euroinvasion
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
I don't like NASCAR.

I admire the ones who can watch it for more than 5 minutes, to me it consists of an endless game of left turns.

Inb4euroinvasion I know but it just sucks, how can you watch it.
inane little opines
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

dayarath wrote:

Well, I don't watch it for the most part.  I don't like the circle tracks, but I do not like those F1 cars either.  So my ideal would be road courses with stock cars.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

usmarine wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Well, I don't watch it for the most part.  I don't like the circle tracks, but I do not like those F1 cars either.  So my ideal would be road courses with stock cars.
Same though still I'd classify this as the most boring racing sport there is. I liked the dakar rally but that's been cancelled (kill the fuckers who did all the shit).
inane little opines
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
End of the day Americans come in Football threads all the time...

And Rally driving is the best motorsport.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

I admire the ones who can watch it for more than 5 minutes, to me it consists of an endless game of left turns.

Very easily. You don't see it because you're not an American. Just like we can't see why people in Austrailia and Europe like that God awful sport you call Cricket..

Go Dale Jr, btw.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6497|London (At Heart)

Poseidon wrote:

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

Very easily. You don't see it because you're not an American. Just like we can't see why people in Austrailia and Europe like that God awful sport you call Cricket..

Go Dale Jr, btw.
Im in England and I watched NASCAR yesterday.

It was boring.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

Shem wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

Go Dale Jr, btw.
Im in England and I watched NASCAR yesterday.

It was boring.
Did you not read my post? Jesus fucking christ.

I said you don't see it because YOU'RE NOT AN AMERICAN. We have a different culture than you do.... so personally, I find drivers battling for position on a track going 200+ MPH while being able to crank my home theatre and hear all the sounds of the cars is AWESOME.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6497|London (At Heart)

I read your post.

I also misread it.

I was under the assumption that you thought we physically could not see it, as in it isn't played in England.

Oh, crickets boring as well, just so you know
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

Poseidon wrote:

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

Go Dale Jr, btw.
Nowhere in yurop but england do you see cricket, atleast, it ain't popular anywhere but there. usually just soccer (football) that's very popular, and tennis etc.
inane little opines
Stingray24

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What's NASCAR?

You've mistaken the car exhaust pipe for a rectum.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Poseidon wrote:

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

Go Dale Jr, btw.
What... I don't like Cricket...

It's more of an Asian/Aus game.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
can we have just one sports thread without debating it? jesus fucking christ guys.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

ig wrote:

can we have just one sports thread without debating it? jesus fucking christ guys.

usmarine wrote:

inb4euroinvasion
Stingray24

ig wrote:

can we have just one sports thread without debating it?
Yes, it is getting rather annoying that all of those who do not like NASCAR feel obligated to post.  I don't post in threads just because I don't like the sport, I'd appreciate the same courtesy so my thread doesn't get cluttered up.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
Probation...

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

unreal...

Kurt Busch has a history of "out of control behavior" as it relates to his racecar. 

I mean...c'mon...even an idiot like Kurt knows these things weigh 3400lbs...until they sit him down, my money is, he'll do it again.

Lets hope someone isnt hurt in the process.

Nascar needs to grow some stones.
Stingray24
Funny thing is, I don't think Stewart did anything wrong.  Kurt got himself spun by moving down to block Tony.  No reason to block someone in practice, but that's what Kurt does.  Tony didn't retaliate after Kurt beat the side of his car 3 times either.  Seems like Tony should get some credit for that.  Oh well, what's done is done and in the end it's a Dodge and a Toyota driver so who cares if they get penalized.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

Stingray24 wrote:

Funny thing is, I don't think Stewart did anything wrong.  Kurt got himself spun by moving down to block Tony.  No reason to block someone in practice, but that's what Kurt does.  Tony didn't retaliate after Kurt beat the side of his car 3 times either.  Seems like Tony should get some credit for that.  Oh well, what's done is done and in the end it's a Dodge and a Toyota driver so who cares if they get penalized.
Tony Stewart is a dickhead. On and off the track. I don't even like Kurt Busch but I think he was in the right.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard