Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

usmarine wrote:

whack-a-mole
I knew you would post a jack-ass comment.

I came in here thinking I would finally find out your weakness... but it's not to be.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD
Half-Life: Opposing Force

When I saw and heard how headcrabs mutate people (I was like 6), I never touched Opposing Force again until about a year ago.

I remeber playing some sort of Half-Life game a year ago, and I kept screaming whenever something came out from behind a corner.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6839|Denver colorado
oh god... fatal frame.....

I can still see that ghost in the demo coming around the corner in my head.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6718|th3 unkn0wn

Mek-Izzle wrote:

usmarine wrote:

whack-a-mole
I knew you would post a jack-ass comment.

I came in here thinking I would finally find out your weakness... but it's not to be.
You still fell for the bait though
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6333|Graz, Austria
Aliens versus Predator 1.

Playing at night, walking through dark corridors with aliens crawling out from all holes, with the eerie beep of the motion tracker and knowing that you can't save (before the patch at least).
Bernadictus
+1,055|6746

F.E.A.R.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6750|United States
Magic School Bus:  Age of the Dinosaurs

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61G6686XSAL._AA280_.jpg

Last edited by Bert10099 (2008-02-11 16:32:03)

-101-InvaderZim
+42|6853|Waikato, Aotearoa

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Thief: Deadly Shadows - The Shalebridge Cradle Level. The atmosphere is fantastic, with the much of the game leading you clues to how horrific it is,            all of the NPCs are scared of it, then you finally go in and it's different to the entire game, so you least expect it. Thus - Scary.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one in which a game creeps me out! My friends can just sit and play though it. I can't!
Ahh yes - Forgot about that..... The Shalebridge Cradle was indeed scary/freaky...... I started playing the level @ night, but ended up finishing the level the following morning...... And I have started playing Thief3 again too
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT
F.e.a.r.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6641|Finland

https://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2569/95227966200zx5.jpg

Really. I was 10 years old and had a terrible fever. Decided to play some James Pond on the Amiga anyway. It resulted to one of the worst fever-related nightmares af all time.
I need around tree fiddy.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6415|NSW, Australia

the scariest game i have ever played, no wait the scariest thing i have ever experienced is playing Alone in the dark: with alpie and donnie
psH
Banned
+217|6393|Sydney

XxRavenxX wrote:

the scariest game i have ever played, no wait the scariest thing i have ever experienced is playing Alone in the dark: with alpie and donnie
aww man, i know people that can help you

no srs, ravenholm was not scary at all tbh, once you blow a fast zombie away with the shotgun, its all good.

i played fear for 5 mins with my friend, and stopped right then and there, just couldn't take that shit.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5995|Aus, Qld
Crysis

Wut?
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
dankassasin42o
+68|6688|Reefersyde, CA
Fear all night no lights
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6718|th3 unkn0wn

DonFck wrote:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2569 … 200zx5.jpg

Really. I was 10 years old and had a terrible fever. Decided to play some James Pond on the Amiga anyway. It resulted to one of the worst fever-related nightmares af all time.
Robocod's never been a scary game. Must've been an exceptionally bad fever
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6204|Schofield Barracks
S.T.A.L.K.E.R at 11 at night during a rain storm with thunder and lightning
Docjones
+7|5994|Connecticut
https://images.smalldog.com/sw/worldofwarcraft-box.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6700|Devon, England
FEAR Games.

I had to have my friend watch my play on webcam so I could complete the bastard game...
Marinejuana
local
+415|6595|Seattle
system shock and silent hill, but nothing in recent memory. i played resident evil way back in the day (it was my neighbors, tho), but I got bored of it immediately, like in the first couple hours of playing it. i haven't played F.E.A.R. but it happens to be in my torrent folder. are the gfx going to be too dated? or should i install it and check it out?

i found S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to be creepy in some areas (underground, etc) but mostly really boring and bland, with certain poorly recorded sound clips painfully burned into my brain after short stints. Games like HL2 and Far Cry/Crysis really aren't scary but certain moments were startling or creepy.

I got bored of Bioshock and didn't finish it. I'm at the Opera house level, if i recall. I just didn't find it that scary, and the whole morality thing was kind of lost on me because when I thought about it, I kept resolving that the best way to play through the game is to just ignore the big daddys and creepy little sisters and let them do their thing while i do mine (survive to the end boss), and this conclusion seems to confound the game design especially if you vastly prefer using the revolver to your (gay) magic plasmid powers, idk, maybe i didn't give it enough time.
PeoNinja
Ninja Fart - Silent but Deadly
+31|6208
nut cracker
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6641|New Hampshire, USA
Silent fucking Hill 4
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6560|Reading, Basingrad

globefish23 wrote:

Aliens versus Predator 1.

Playing at night, walking through dark corridors with aliens crawling out from all holes, with the eerie beep of the motion tracker and knowing that you can't save (before the patch at least).
QFT
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6546|Grand Forks, ND
The Marine campaign in AvP2 was way worse than either Doom3 or FEAR IMO.  From what I was able to play the Marine campaign in the first one would have been even worse, but I had a bad hard drive on my machine of the time and never got past the first mission.

Last edited by Blizzard36 (2008-02-15 21:47:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard