caek
Someone who can!
+4|6843
Well it was my 3rd or 4th round playing the new patch and the map was Songhua Stalemate, I had an assalt kit. I spotted a full jeep coming coming full speed straight at me. I did what any assault kit pre-1.2 would do, try and GL it. To my suprise it bounced right off the hood, ran over me, and kept going, but there was some poetic justice however, as the GL came right back down and landed right in the drivers lap killing all three that were in there. Two of clan mates saw it and they were just cracking up, the guys in the jeep were dumbfounded.

Last edited by caek (2006-02-14 21:52:27)

caek
Someone who can!
+4|6843
I guess you all are too busy whining about the patch to care.
DaveOnrefni
+1|6808
Haha, nice. 

...I believe I played with you many moons ago, but I don't remember where =P

(also, i'm not whining, I got a sniping streak of 10 and 0 earlier and alot of flag defends, lol)
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6940
i haven't tryed the GL, but i tryed the PKM, and the only think i can say is WOW! i saw a bunch of enemies at a mediun distance, i just started to fire and a couple o seconds later i have killed like 5 guys
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6810|Hong Kong
the PKM had a huge improvement, so much more accurate. unfortunately i havent tried the L96A2 yet
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6940

SmilingBuddha wrote:

the PKM had a huge improvement, so much more accurate. unfortunately i havent tried the L96A2 yet
the l96 is good, but hey all the sniper rifles are good now
DaveOnrefni
+1|6808

maton wrote:

SmilingBuddha wrote:

the l96 is good, but hey all the sniper rifles are good now
Agreed =P
Orion5413
+4|6849|Irving Tx
the pmk now kicks azz.... the sniper rifle is ok... but i only use the sniper kit to command so I still suck at it...
Rathji
+1|6845
Whats the effective arming range on the GL now? I think all but 4 or 5 of my GL kills are at mid range, but I heard some stories of people firing upwards of 20 feet and not arming. I am hoping they were just on crack when they told me.

Anyone know?
Operator_Stavros
+3|6898
Well real 40m rounds dont arm for 30 Meters, but i think the distance in Bf2 is much shorter.  I managed to get them to act normall yat about 10m.  It was funny though because i was surprised the very first shot i took post patch, since it was at a guy about 8-10M away and the round skidded past him, Had to switch to M16 to do the job right.  The bouncin gof the grenades is pretty random, sometimes they dont bounce at all and chill for a sec or two before blowing up.  O well its better than it was before.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6827|NT, like Mick Dundee

Cant chuck AT mines on still tanks anymore... No need to though...

Tank raping my CP on Wake, I spawned as a engineer, jump on the back of the M1A2 drop a mine on the turret and run for it.... 5 secs later a kill...

The GL is good fun now I'll agree... Still prefer the G3 though, especially as smokies are REALLY IMPORTANT NOW...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6882

DaveOnrefni wrote:

Haha, nice. 

...I believe I played with you many moons ago, but I don't remember where =P

(also, i'm not whining, I got a sniping streak of 10 and 0 earlier and alot of flag defends, lol)
I hear that one! I'd been saving my unlocks for the new sniper and got it straight away, went into Sharqi and took out 7 guys in a row, including a group of 3 who were together around 110m from me (that's how far I was from the middle flag, which is where they were) and I took all three of them out, using only 3 bullets.
AirborneCz
+0|6808
everybody is going to sniper camp . blabla. stupid sniping
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6881|Melbourne, Australia
yer.. i think ders enuf snipers as it is there was a shortage of support and engineer players.. support is now very overpowered apparently,.. and spotting a engineer on the battlefield is still a rare site for me..
Jepeto87
+38|6847|Dublin

Flecco wrote:

Cant chuck AT mines on still tanks anymore... No need to though...

Tank raping my CP on Wake, I spawned as a engineer, jump on the back of the M1A2 drop a mine on the turret and run for it.... 5 secs later a kill...

The GL is good fun now I'll agree... Still prefer the G3 though, especially as smokies are REALLY IMPORTANT NOW...
Why are smoke's really important now?

Cheers!
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6895|Singapore
THe gl bounces when its released from the gun?
MrBrain
+24|6852|Finland
HAHA nice caek!!kinda silly it bounces that far away though. After 10m the bounce should dissapear and detonate on impact instead

[edit]Your nick was caek and not cake A case for the BF2 name twister thread..?[/edit]

Last edited by MrBrain (2006-02-15 03:39:33)

Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|7006|Germany / Saxony
I sniped with that AWP in the alleyways in Karkand. Had a medic beside me healing me all the time. And the enemies rolled in. 5 meters distance, booooooom, kill, boooooooooom, kill, booooooooooom, kill....
It was like dirrrrty CS, I only missed my DEagle...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
caek
Someone who can!
+4|6843
Yeah, the new sniper is great. I feel like I wasted a magazine if I dont get 5 kills before I have to reload
sparklet
Banned
+34|6909|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i like the suppot kit now
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6878|Riva, MD
The G3 is also really accurate.  It actually goes where the ironsights are pointed now.
Navyseal99
Unintentional Good-Guy
+0|6819
Lolorz!!!! =d
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6817|Lancaster Ohio, USA
I liked the support before...hell that's where I got some of my best round scores...I cleaned house with the old M249 once...but now that the PKM is better well it just made it that much better...which is nice because ya can use it for what it's designed to do...lay down covering fire for your time so they can move against the enemy and kill them...however now ya can just wipe out the other squad before your time can even move...ain't it great?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6995

sparklet wrote:

i like the suppot kit now
Because you don't have to learn how to be effective, right? thought so.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard