SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

Drakef wrote:

It was a film that stands out, as a completely different method of filmmaking..
different ..... blair witch project, every home vid of some 5 year olds birthday

I thought it was good, Nokia must have put some money into this movie ............... but I need some fucking closeure
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

LT.Victim wrote:

I found it funny that there was warning labels all over the theater stating that Cloverfield may cause motion sickness.. haha..

I thought it was a pretty good movie, some of the scenes were very well done, but the movie leaves you almost unfulfilled.. I want to know the rest of the story.
I sat pretty close and was fine. I guess I just have a stronger stomach than most?

It's supposed to leave you unfilled. Craving for information. Matt Reeves (director) stated about a sequel...if there IS one done, it should just be of people who got out of the attack alive but were in the same situation with a video camera. But it needs to start around the time of the helicopter rescue.

If it's not done in the home-camera quality style though, it's gonna suck.
Home
Section.80
+447|6845|Seattle, Washington, USA

Poseidon wrote:

Quite possibly in the top 5 of my greatest movies of all time. So well written, well directed and just all-out well made. For a lot of the teenagers in the theater (go figure) they were saying how it sucked, but that's just because they just want the typical "good guys win, bad guys lose" segment. I, even being a teenager found it brilliantly created and written with just amazing filmwork.

The acting really made you feel sad for the characters as well.

Just go see this. You won't regret it.
Greatest 5 of all time, seriously? It was not that good. Have you ever seen classics like the Godfather? I myself am a teenager and the "good guys win, bad guys lose" is not why I didn't think the movie was that great. In fact, I think the ending was great. Spoiler (highlight to read):
Watching them huddle beneath the bridge, saying their last words while the sirens went off in the background was a great, emotional ending. But really, I didn't think it was all that memorable as a whole.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Quite possibly in the top 5 of my greatest movies of all time. So well written, well directed and just all-out well made. For a lot of the teenagers in the theater (go figure) they were saying how it sucked, but that's just because they just want the typical "good guys win, bad guys lose" segment. I, even being a teenager found it brilliantly created and written with just amazing filmwork.

Greatest 5 of all time, seriously? It was not that good. Have you ever seen classics like the Godfather? I myself am a teenager and the "good guys win, bad guys lose" is not why I didn't think the movie was that great. In fact, I think the ending was great. Spoiler (highlight to read):
Watching them huddle beneath the bridge, saying their last words while the sirens went off in the background was a great, emotional ending. But really, I didn't think it was all that memorable as a whole.
Different people, different tastes. I'm not ragging on the Godfather or any other classics. In fact, The GodFather is in my top 20 movies, but just not in my top 5. I just have personal choices in films that interest me every second of the entire film. Cloverfield did that. I had butterflies the entire movie.

If I were to name my top 5, it'd be:

1. V for Vendetta
2. Tombstone
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Cloverfield
5. Reservoir Dogs

Like I said. Different people, different tastes. Cloverfield just hit something inside me that made me feel it was one of the greatest movies of all time. I guess the whole apocolypse-theme with NY + a monster + first person view + incredible realism combined just really did it for me.
Home
Section.80
+447|6845|Seattle, Washington, USA

Poseidon wrote:

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Different people, different tastes. Cloverfield just hit something inside me that made me feel it was one of the greatest movies of all time. I guess the whole apocolypse-theme with NY + a monster + first person view + incredible realism combined just really did it for me.
True (about the different people thing). Do you feel like being a New Yorker changed it for you at all?
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6381|San Jose CA.
Was it me or did the monster look a little like the monsters from, Resistance: Fall Of Man????
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia

Poseidon wrote:

1. V for Vendetta
2. Tombstone
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Cloverfield
5. Reservoir Dogs

Like I said. Different people, different tastes. Cloverfield just hit something inside me that made me feel it was one of the greatest movies of all time. I guess the whole apocolypse-theme with NY + a monster + first person view + incredible realism combined just really did it for me.
1. Equilibrium
2. Serenity
3. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
4. The Matrix
8. Cloverfield
psH
Banned
+217|6381|Sydney

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

1. V for Vendetta
2. Tombstone
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Cloverfield
5. Reservoir Dogs

1. Equilibrium
2. Serenity
4. The Matrix
8. Cloverfield
its out in australia?
psH
Banned
+217|6381|Sydney

LT.Victim wrote:

I found it funny that there was warning labels all over the theater stating that Cloverfield may cause motion sickness.. haha..

I thought it was a pretty good movie, some of the scenes were very well done, but the movie leaves you almost unfulfilled.. I want to know the rest of the story.
Its the guy who created LOST...i love lost, but about 60% of stuff that happens is not explained until a few episodes later. leaves you wanting more

more.

MOAR

https://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/89/Emochinmoar.jpg
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

Ashlite wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

1. V for Vendetta
2. Tombstone
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Cloverfield
5. Reservoir Dogs

1. Equilibrium
2. Serenity
4. The Matrix
8. Cloverfield
its out in australia?
We got it BEFORE America. BEFORE
Scratch[USA]
+105|6544
Question . . . Did anybody sit through all of the credits?  There is something at the end of the credits.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Question . . . Did anybody sit through all of the credits?  There is something at the end of the credits.
I did

Spoiler (highlight to read):

When played backwards that sound clip says 'Its still alive'. No joke (link is in a previous post i made on the last page)
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Home wrote:

Different people, different tastes. Cloverfield just hit something inside me that made me feel it was one of the greatest movies of all time. I guess the whole apocolypse-theme with NY + a monster + first person view + incredible realism combined just really did it for me.
True (about the different people thing). Do you feel like being a New Yorker changed it for you at all?
Maybe, because I've pretty much been in every single one of those places that they walked in.

And also:

I've been under that specific bridge in Central Park, so it made it seem even more realistic. And if somebody can make a MONSTER MOVIE seem realistic, they've done a DAMN good job.
cablecopulate
+449|6735|Massachusetts.
I thought it was awesome. It was everything I wanted and more, I guess. It left me wanting more, and very few movies have done that. After I saw the movie, I asked, "was that a monster movie or a love story?" It doesn't matter, it worked. It's not going to work for everyone, and not one movie ever made in the history of what has been or what will be ever will.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State
It was pretty good, although some scenes seemed just plain absurd. (The first scene where the US military comes in, and the scene in which the M109 gets crushed). The ending was great, very reminiscent of Lost (no surprise there). The monster is more of a plot device than an antagonist though.

Last edited by fermatx (2008-01-21 08:03:55)

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6775|Long Island

SharkyMcshark wrote:

I saw it. I thought it was fantastic. If it had been done normally (ie no handi cam view, and with a score) it would have been un memorable. But I came out of the movie with my heart thumping and my mind buzzing, a response that I haven't gotten from a movie in quite a while. It really has a quite undeveloped story (non of the characters develop really, and they never explain where the monster came from/where it is/why its wrecking New York). The camera takes some getting used to but it is VERY VERY effective in conveying the intensity and claustrophobia of the scenes. Overall definitely worth seeing at least once.

8/10. First movie of the year that I've seen and I'm quite impressed.

Spoilers.

The creature looked more like a sea ape or something to me... And the parasites looked like spiders. With beaks.

Trivia/Easter Eggs (must read for anyone who has seen it)

1. At the end of the credits there is a short sound clip. It is static filled, and a voice comes through and sounds like its saying "Help us". IT ISNT. IF PLAYED BACKWARDS, THE CLIP SAYS "IT'S STILL ALIVE"

source: http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

2. During the last scene (holiday footage), a UFO/asterdoid can be seen crashing into the ocean on the right hand side of the screen as the camera is pointed out to sea.
Do you know if there are any videos online showing your 2nd spoiler??  I read it before going to the movie and tried looking for it, but didn't see it.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL
Quite possibly the best monster movie I've ever seen.

when you first see the monster, you think WTF?  and at the end, you're still thinking WTF!?!  They did a great job of capturing the chaos of not knowing exactly what's happening, as you in the audience have the same amount of information as the people on screen.

The ending was certainly abrupt, but  think that any other ending would have seemed corny and cliched.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
I loved it!  Holy shit that was an awesome movie
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

I'm really pissed off.  I had to walk out of the movie after 30 minutes because of motion sickness due to that damn shaking camera.  Movie wasn't bad up until that point but the cinematographic style was ridiculous.  I sat through Blair Witch without any problems but this just had too much constant shaking.  My friend who stayed at the movie said that most of the audience sat around for about 5-10 minutes after the movie to regain their balance.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6736|The Hague, Netherlands

superfly_cox wrote:

I'm really pissed off.  I had to walk out of the movie after 30 minutes because of motion sickness due to that damn shaking camera.  Movie wasn't bad up until that point but the cinematographic style was ridiculous.  I sat through Blair Witch without any problems but this just had too much constant shaking.  My friend who stayed at the movie said that most of the audience sat around for about 5-10 minutes after the movie to regain their balance.
ohh c'mon

watched the whole movie yesterday in the cinema, no probs what so ever, sure it shakes a little...(a lot) but I didn't found it so bad that I would become sick......
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Cherni
+0|5917|London, Ontario

Poseidon wrote:

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Maybe, because I've pretty much been in every single one of those places that they walked in.

And also:

I've been under that specific bridge in Central Park, so it made it seem even more realistic. And if somebody can make a MONSTER MOVIE seem realistic, they've done a DAMN good job.
*For your spoiler answer lulz* I was at that particular bridge as they were preparing to shoot that scene in Central Park.

Last edited by Cherni (2008-02-11 15:13:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard