Hyper
Banned
+154|6765

Flyboy63 wrote:

I guess it comes down to Dice not being able to optimize mid-high range video cards w/o compromising low end cards. IMO low end cards are on the way out & the newer ones are becoming cheaper & more the 'main stream'. So I think they have done the right thing (IMO who wants to play BF2 on a shitty vid card with all detail turned off anyway).
the ppl who have those cards and were supported when it was released...they paid the same 50$ the others did...its wrong.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

JON.ANTONSSON wrote:

AnarkyXtra wrote:

Stratocaster FTW!

I couldn't agree more.
Iv always wonder what FTW means, please tell me.

Edit: I have Geforce FX 5200. I need a new card.
For The Win <---------- not sure though, I don't speek fluent computer geek language.
xXMMMSXx
+24|6672
Lmao, I've been playing on a Geforce FX 5200 since release to this day. No problems apart from low graphics.

I have a newer 6800GT sat waiting to be installed though so all is not lost. WQanna buy my FX 5200
FSFGrimes
+1|6756
IMO if a card is supported to play any game it should always be supported for said game. You can't just drop cards after x amount of time. People will still be playing it.

Dice did drop the ball on scaleable graphics.  Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest hardware. And at the rate video cards are comming out its near impossible to get a good card thats going to last more than a year or two.  Lets not forget AGP-PCIE bridge that has been built now. I got an AGP mobo shortly before PCIe took off. Thank God for Nvidia converting their 7800 into an AGP card so they can sell it. Now the 6800 will drop in price and better cards are more affordable. And upgrading becomes a real option.

My 5700 runs fine, but the graphics suck. But its still playable. It does help that I have 2gb of ram and a athlon 3400+ helping it out.
D-Klaus
+1|6703

FSFGrimes wrote:

My 5700 runs fine, but the graphics suck. But its still playable. It does help that I have 2gb of ram and a athlon 3400+ helping it out.
Pretty much the same as me.  I run a P4 2.8 with 2.5gb of ram (I love ram) and my 256m FX 5700 and it runs great on all medium quality.  I can actually run a few of the settings on high and still play, but it starts to get a little choppy.

Last edited by D-Klaus (2006-02-15 14:35:12)

Tearsofromance
+0|6701|Canada

Kkookie wrote:

why do you build me up (build me up)
buttercup baby just to let me down,
and mess me around and then worst of all (worst of all)
you never call baby when you say you will,
but I love you still
I need you (I need you)
more than anyone darling
you know that I had from the start,
so build  me up (build me up)
buttercup don't break my heart....
Great cover by NoFX
Stenchorz
+6|6694

D-Klaus wrote:

I have a GeForce FX 5700 (256mb) card, and it works great.  I have everything on Medium quality and it runs smooth.
Same here.  No worries. 
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6743|USA
it does suck that alot  cards dont work now but the simple fact is change is a part of life. im sure there are going to be bigger changes in everyones life at one point. just use this as a stepping stone. for the record i had to get a new card so im not talkin out of my ass)
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6719
I can understand why they arent going to support the 5200 now cause how bloody old is it? my PC is 3yrs old alomost and it cam standard back then because it was a cheap and basic one and besides its upto Nvidia to run the support for it and they are most likely wanting to faze it out cause it would be nearly 5yrs old and bring in a new low end card either way im buying a ATI readon its only $250 for the 256mb one im looking at anyone want my 5200 lol
Stenchorz
+6|6694
I talk out of my ass quite often during work.  I think they call it crop dusting.
LW_Cobra
+0|6712
Yeah, EA sure is porking us by pushing the limits of todays graphics forcing us to buy new video cards and such. I think I should be able to game on my old 8088 with a 40Mb hard drive and 2MB of Ram at 1920 X 1600 at 50fps, waaa waaa it's just not fair. ;-0
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6707
I have GForce 5600 ultra and I have my graphics on low except, 4 of the base setting on medium. (texture, terrain, effects, some other shit) and I have iton 85% view distance so yeah....no lag!
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6751|Aus
I consider my 6600GT to be low end, even thought it's the toughest one(best bench).
c'mon, you can have a game that falls off the map in a couple of months or, you could have a game which updates throughout it's entire life and still rocks 6 months later

Wont be long 'til the 6600gt is out for a 7800gt + extra GB of RAM 
for weenerboy:
Have you asked your parents?(mine didn't beleive in windows )
Have you seen if there is a government grant which you are elligible for?
Perhaps welfare payments, maybe you could do some work for your parents?
maybe you could get off your fat arse and stop watching anime all day?!?!?!
quit bitching and get a job at KFC!
Ziggy_79x
+4|6700
I personally think it is wrong to include a certain card in the minimum requirements on the box and then discontinue support for the card after a few patches. If it says on the box that the card you have is supported and you pay $50 for the game you would expect it to work for the life of the game. Because I have never heard of a certain patch updating the hardware requirements on a game. If someone can provide evidence of this please tell.  Now some people say their 5700 and 5500 even is working fine which leads me to believe that this isn't just a video card issue. Possibly a brand  issue or other hardware (ram, cpu, motherboard) or even a driver issue with a certain brand. Computers are very complicated electronics and thats why there is hardly ever an easy answer to a problem like this.

And as for Stratoflamer. You need to go punch a wall or beat your wife or gf, or better yet go take a dive off a very high cliff asshole. I can't stand your type you fucking shitstain. Another internet toughguy. Fuck off.
Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6674

Kkookie wrote:

Stratocaster wrote:

If your graph card sucks, go buy another one and stop bitchin'
fuck you.

don't you get it? people shouldn't have to buy more hardware if it states on the box that their computer can run the game.
you don't have to be an asshole about money either. some people just want to play and don't want to spend their money on hardware. or others can't afford it or have to use their money for more important things. some people don't have jobs, like kids. I'm in high school and don't have time for a job.
So accept the fact you cant play,  or get a job or rob someone for money.
Chaos81
+5|6703
I'm using a FX5500 with my AMD 2800XP and have no problems running the game on low settings.
kR4MR
+3|6751|Aus
lol, there's almost always a simple answer with PCs, for example: "press caps lock"

keep up the good work strat, you keep us amused, at least the more intelligent of us
I dunno, wifebeaters tend not to have money for shiny new PC parts, like you ziggy_wifebeater

Last edited by kR4MR (2006-02-15 16:25:21)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6702
Yeah but whats the point playing this game with a low end videocard any way you're playing it at what like 5 or 10fps? Whats the point buy a new card

I got an old Radeon 9800 128MB pro lying around first one that gets here can have it for free.
Gladiator89
+-1|6660
... LOL U GUYS ARE FUNNY
i have a Radeon 9600 graphics card and it wouldn't work for me either
BUT!
i did something about it, i asked people who actually knew something instead of complaining lol.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO SOLVE MOST OF YOUR GUY'S PROBLEMS IS DOWNLOAD THE NEW DRIVERS!!!!
ATI just put out a new driver for the 9600 series! cmon guys do something don't just complain
kR4MR
+3|6751|Aus
bags not

Last edited by kR4MR (2006-02-15 16:27:55)

Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6691|Bolton UK
Yayyy cool i am soo lookin forward to playing Fear V and Half life 7 on my old trident PCI graphics cards. If you ddnt wanna spend money shoulda bought a ps2
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6719|Central Valley,California
I have a Radeon 9550 AMD Anthlon 2000+, worst POS ever. But wait till you see my new computer next year.
josh's
Banned
+2|6703
good thing i got an ati x1600 then pfff ea has a plan with nivida to get more money i should go to the ea place and bunch the guy incharge in the face
Gladiator89
+-1|6660
... LOL U GUYS ARE FUNNY
i have a Radeon 9600 graphics card and it wouldn't work for me either
BUT!
i did something about it, i asked people who actually knew something instead of complaining lol.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO SOLVE MOST OF YOUR GUY'S PROBLEMS IS DOWNLOAD THE NEW DRIVERS!!!!
ATI just put out a new driver for the 9600 series! cmon guys do something don't just complain
Ziggy_79x
+4|6700
I normally don't flame anyone especially vets. But you asked for it. 

3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was My Shitty Stats And This Grappeling Hook To Swing On Nutsacks.

Last edited by Ziggy_79x (2006-02-15 16:35:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard