HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Hi.

Im trying to start up a new BF2 unranked dedicated server, but i have a problem. I cannot get it to update itself to 1.41. When I try to join, it says "The server is running and older version than you" or something similar.

Here I have downloaded and installed both the "EA Server Updater" and the "Strategey Informer - Server Update".

To start up the server, I go Start--->Programs--->EA Games--->Battlefield 2--->Launch BF2 StandAlone Server.

This is how my console looks like:

https://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7018/bf2serverhq5.th.jpg

How do I update?

Thanks.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6584|Area 51
It is saying like, PB server reports, punkbuster running old version blablabla?. Because I had the same, and I used the commando ''pb_sv_update and it started downloading the latest punkbuster thingies, than when it says that PB is updated type pb_sv_restart and the server should be doing fine. If this isnt a punkbuster error than I don't know.

EDIT: had a look at your picture, don't mind the wrong number in the top corner, if you have the latest windows/linux dedicated server setup than its fine, but just with me your PB is at C1.199 and its supposed to be at C2.003 or something like that. Just update PB and it should be good. Or disable PB.

Last edited by RDMC (2008-02-10 10:46:42)

B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6428|Espoo, Finland
v1.1.2965-797.0 is the patch 1.41.

When exactly it says "The server is running and older version than you"?
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6603|England
lawl - "Haxy Server"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard