Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
Love is the answer
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I commend you for not saying something like "how will that dick CamPoe and his dicks followers justify this" or something like that (like some people do at the start of every topic involving Muslims).

I see it as something very ordinary thats been a bit sensationalized because it involves Muslims. Its not like other people don't settle disputes out side the courts. I was in a car accident once and instead of going to the police we went to a mechanic to asses the damages and I payed. My mate got beat up once, and when the guy sobered up he offered to pay big bucks to keep it out of courts. People do it all the time and in this case they are just using some kind of reference material to help them out.
I find it ok if theirs settlements don't conflict with countries laws in which case it is not illegal. If they start making settlements that involve cutting off limbs or stoning to death than it conflicts with the law. And that will never be allowed.

Of course I take it all back if there was indeed double standard here. I mean can someone be prosecuted for stabbing someone else if the victim refuses to press charges or whatever?

And before anyone says it..... I dont believe this is the first step to Muslim world domination.
herrr_smity
+156|6597|space command ur anus
a nation down the drain
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Well there's not much you can do about illegal things like this. That's like someone saying "smoking weed should be allowed" and then the media reporting "BREAKING NEWS: Britons already smoke weed"

Silly reporting. Wouldn't expect anything else from the Daily Mail or Fox.

Although more should/could be done to stop these illegal court hearings going on. Makes you think though, if this shit can't be stopped in the UK. How the hell are you going to stop it in remote/mountainous areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

herrr_smity wrote:

a nation down the drain
Good thing nobody cares about what someone with some fucked up German/Nazi username like you thinks.

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-10 03:06:41)

DeathBecomesYu
+171|6149

zeidmaan wrote:

I commend you for not saying something like "how will that dick CamPoe and his dicks followers justify this" or something like that (like some people do at the start of every topic involving Muslims).

I see it as something very ordinary thats been a bit sensationalized because it involves Muslims. Its not like other people don't settle disputes out side the courts. I was in a car accident once and instead of going to the police we went to a mechanic to asses the damages and I payed. My mate got beat up once, and when the guy sobered up he offered to pay big bucks to keep it out of courts. People do it all the time and in this case they are just using some kind of reference material to help them out.
I find it ok if theirs settlements don't conflict with countries laws in which case it is not illegal. If they start making settlements that involve cutting off limbs or stoning to death than it conflicts with the law. And that will never be allowed.

Of course I take it all back if there was indeed double standard here. I mean can someone be prosecuted for stabbing someone else if the victim refuses to press charges or whatever?

And before anyone says it..... I dont believe this is the first step to Muslim world domination.
The problem is that most Muslims in other countries DO NOT want these courts following them to other countries. Most Muslims that have gone to other countries have done so to practice their religion in the way they wish. My wife, who is Muslim, is a perfect example. She does not want Sharia law to follow her into her community. It is part of the reason she left her country in the first place because of the varying strictness of Sharia Law implemented in ways that their leaders seem fit. The problem is the Sharia law is all over the board in its discretion, rules and punishment.

One Sharia court can be radical and another can be reasonable. Still, the fact is that most Muslims that I know living with and around me want nothing to do with such courts. They want to live here, practice their religion and live by the current rules and laws of the country they live in.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

smity is a Nazi name?
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

The problem is that most Muslims in other countries DO NOT want these courts following them to other countries. Most Muslims that have gone to other countries have done so to practice their religion in the way they wish. My wife, who is Muslim, is a perfect example. She does not want Sharia law to follow her into her community. It is part of the reason she left her country in the first place because of the varying strictness of Sharia Law implemented in ways that their leaders seem fit. The problem is the Sharia law is all over the board in its discretion, rules and punishment.

One Sharia court can be radical and another can be reasonable. Still, the fact is that most Muslims that I know living with and around me want nothing to do with such courts. They want to live here, practice their religion and live by the current rules and laws of the country they live in.
Yeah I know mate, half the people I know are Muslims and they too dont give a f*** about Sharia Law. But what Im saying is that this is people volounterily settling disputes outside the courtroom. And as I said If the settlements are according to the British law than its the same thing as million other settlements people make. Problem would occur if the Government sanctioned handing out cruel and unusual punishments (otherwise illegal in Britain) on these settlements. In that case down with that government.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

3 words. Rowan Williams fiasco.

Look at the associated backlash and then think about how likely Sharia law is to ever play any legitimate role in the British legal system.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Bertster7 wrote:

3 words. Rowan Williams fiasco.

Look at the associated backlash and then think about how likely Sharia law is to ever play any legitimate role in the British legal system.
Exactly. Even the Muslims are like "wtf m8"

No chance.

Except lowing and a few others will say otherwise, and then someone else with throw out the Nazi WW2 card. And then the shit hits the fan and Bernadictus bans the internet.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
"In Leyton, another Islamic council also said it had been handling cases -- more than 7,000 divorces -- while sharia courts in the capital were said to have settled hundreds of disputes regarding money."

over 7000??!!! This does not sound like a "few" people just "settling out of court". That is a legal system in practice, and it ain't GB's. The first example involved a felony. How the hell do you settle a felony charge outside the court?

how many more "isloated incidences" need to occur to form a pattern?  How many "isolated incidences" are you willing to justify and/or dismiss as meaningless?

THe fact is, the laws of the land are not respected and are felt that they do not apply to Muslims. They want to impliment their own laws in host countries, and yet again the head in the sand crowd will dismiss it as nothing.  All of those nothings sure make a pretty big something when balled up.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

"In Leyton, another Islamic council also said it had been handling cases -- more than 7,000 divorces -- while sharia courts in the capital were said to have settled hundreds of disputes regarding money."

over 7000??!!! This does not sound like a "few" people just "settling out of court". That is a legal system in practice, and it ain't GB's. The first example involved a felony. How the hell do you settle a felony charge outside the court?

how many more "isloated incidences" need to occur to form a pattern?  How many "isolated incidences" are you willing to justify and/or dismiss as meaningless?

THe fact is, the laws of the land are not respected and are felt that they do not apply to Muslims. They want to impliment their own laws in host countries, and yet again the head in the sand crowd will dismiss it as nothing.  All of those nothings sure make a pretty big something when balled up.
If it was 7000 murder cases i would agree with you lowing but it isn't is it ? ... do you really read this as Sharia laws are ruling Britain ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
herrr_smity
+156|6597|space command ur anus

Mek-Izzle wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

a nation down the drain
Good thing nobody cares about what someone with some fucked up German/Nazi username like you thinks.
you hurt kitty's feelings
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Agreed, however its a slippery slope, soon it will be 'un-islamic' to settle disputes in the British courts, sharia punishments will be imposed outside the law - we already have girls being killed for 'dishonour' ie behaving like europeans and not marrying who they are told to.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

If it was 7000 murder cases i would agree with you lowing but it isn't is it ? ... do you really read this as Sharia laws are ruling Britain ?
It is over 7000 law suits and some of those are criminal. Do you really read this and think it is just a coupla guys settling outta court??  I read it as  further evidence that Islam is slowing creeping its influence and gaining foothold into western society.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Perhaps a special police unit could be set up to try and stop these illegal courts. Then again, it's pretty hard to stop a community from dishing out its own justice. It has to come from within the community, to get rid of it. Until these guys actually do something about the illegal courts. It's always going to happen.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is over 7000 law suits and some of those are criminal. Do you really read this and think it is just a coupla guys settling outta court??  I read it as  further evidence that Islam is slowing creeping its influence and gaining foothold into western society.
And at what date do you predict for the British to wake up having an evil Islamistic dictator ?

Besides you have your own version of Sharia laws in the US also lowing, you can call the every day murders settling things out of courts no, guess it's only when those dirty Muslims do it that they are taking over the world ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

Dilbert_X wrote:

Agreed, however its a slippery slope, soon it will be 'un-islamic' to settle disputes in the British courts, sharia punishments will be imposed outside the law - we already have girls being killed for 'dishonour' ie behaving like europeans and not marrying who they are told to.
Yep the honor killing or what ever they are called do happen. But the point is that that punishment conflicts with British or any other European country's law (obviously) and the perpetrators get punished. You cant kill your daughter in Britain and request to be trialled by a Sharia court. But you can punch a guy in the nose and agree with him to settle it without involving the justice system. You can be Muslim, Scientologist, Yewish, Christian, Buddist, Atheist, black, white, yellow, brown, man, female, shemale, tall, short, gay, straight, Mexican, Liverpool fan, Manchester fan.... it doenst matter. If the both parties agree you can settle it outside the court IF its within the legal right to do so.
Creede or color is not important. Whats important is the type of crime. And the same standard applies to everyone (except the rich of course). 

And yes 7000 settlements sounds big but how much percent is that from all settlements made in UK?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

And at what date do you predict for the British to wake up having an evil Islamistic dictator ?

Besides you have your own version of Sharia laws in the US also lowing, you can call the every day murders settling things out of courts no, guess it's only when those dirty Muslims do it that they are taking over the world ?
huh??..........murder is not settling out of court, it is a crime and you are charged with murder and taken to court and punished if found guilty. That is a pretty weak stretch, maybe you are desperate to try and legitimize, or justify  the behavior in GB. If so, I can't help ya. What is happening over there and I am sure in other European countries is wrong. You do not operate your own legal system outside the law of the land. Period.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

zeidmaan wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yep the honor killing or what ever they are called do happen. But the point is that that punishment conflicts with British or any other European country's law (obviously) and the perpetrators get punished. You cant kill your daughter in Britain and request to be trialled by a Sharia court. But you can punch a guy in the nose and agree with him to settle it without involving the justice system. You can be Muslim, Scientologist, Yewish, Christian, Buddist, Atheist, black, white, yellow, brown, man, female, shemale, tall, short, gay, straight, Mexican, Liverpool fan, Manchester fan.... it doenst matter. If the both parties agree you can settle it outside the court IF its within the legal right to do so.
Creede or color is not important. Whats important is the type of crime. And the same standard applies to everyone (except the rich of course). 

And yes 7000 settlements sounds big but how much percent is that from all settlements made in UK?
law suits go to settlement all of the time without seeing the inside of a courtroom. The cases we are talking about did not go to settlement. They went to court, and it wasn't the court that rukes over the laws of GB. See the difference?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

lowing wrote:

They are civil cases and are not legally binding in any way shape or form. If either party felt hard done by they could just go to a real court. This is just a voluntary pseudo-legal framework for people who decide they are the rules they want to follow.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

huh??..........murder is not settling out of court, it is a crime and you are charged with murder and taken to court and punished if found guilty. That is a pretty weak stretch, maybe you are desperate to try and legitimize, or justify  the behavior in GB. If so, I can't help ya. What is happening over there and I am sure in other European countries is wrong. You do not operate your own legal system outside the law of the land. Period.
It's not an own legal system lowing, do some research lowing ... and murder often is settling issues outside the courts

Edit: Read Bertsters comment in the above post.

Last edited by Varegg (2008-02-10 04:37:07)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

They are civil cases and are not legally binding in any way shape or form. If either party felt hard done by they could just go to a real court. This is just a voluntary pseudo-legal framework for people who decide they are the rules they want to follow.
sorry, the rules to follow are already decided, it is the laws of GB. Re-read the article this involves more than civil cases anyway.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6192|Brisneyland
It was my understanding that settling " out of court " is generally only done when both parties choose it as an option. Eg, I dont want my divorce to go through a nasty court case , then we can make an amicable decision out of court. Everyone is happy. I think most divorces would be finalised in this way.

As for the assault, the victim would have reported the crime and called in the police. At any point after they have the option drop the case and settle out of court. There is nothing illegal here. The only difference here is that they will probably get a harder punishment.

I see so many cases when kids get violent and people say " why arent the parents taking responsibility of their kids" bla bla. Looks like in this case the parents and also the extended family are getting involved to try and make sure the kid doesnt do it again. I dont really see a problem with this. Just more sensationalism from Foxnews.

Edit= looks like Bertster has covered most of this already, whoops.

Last edited by Burwhale the Avenger (2008-02-10 04:45:22)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

It's not an own legal system lowing, do some research lowing ... and murder often is settling issues outside the courts

Edit: Read Bertsters comment in the above post.
ya.......over 7000???!!! kinda pretty much makes it a separate legal system, some of which are criminal cases..................Murder is a crime. stop trying to attempt to use it as an argument to justify this. It is ridiculous and  desperate
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6325|England - Kent

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Some areas of london are rife muslims and other ethnic minorities but that area is so small. Alot of people are taking thing out side the courts these days am I concerned? No, why? because Sharia Lews any being used in a court of law set by the goverment.
Trust me is I thought Islam was taking over people around here wouldnt just talk about it.

Also the Archbishop of Canterbury did not mentioning for Sharia laws to by brought in to British law but he was trying to say that he wish our system could be tuffer on crime, but him mentiong Sharia law was still very stupid of him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard