Agwood69
+0|6734|West Coast
not sure if this has been posted before.. sorry if it has.. was watching this wondering what this would have looked like post 1.2. These guys are impossibly good at the helicopter.. I am sure they will still rule the skies.. but It would be something to see how different their tactics would be..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ld+2+chong

would hate to be on the other team with these guys in the air..... pre or post 1.2..
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671
"impossibly good" is not the adjective i'd use. Above average certainly, but that pilot doesnt know when to back off, and the gunner missed a few butter shots. Camping a flag for 10 minutes does not actually constitute skill...
Agwood69
+0|6734|West Coast
fair enough..

still wouldnt want to be in the target area with those guys about.. ar anyone with that level or skill.. ERM....after looking at your helo stats.. i will make sure to stay FAR FAR away from the servers you play.. nice .. very nice....

Last edited by Agwood69 (2006-02-15 14:08:50)

G/SiLo
+-2|6646|why do u care
sweet vid. it was a one way battle. that gunner knows how to use the t.v. guided missle a shitload better than me.
raz
+22|6634|England, UK
I'd like to see them atempt that with the new patch in place.
trepid_jesse
+4|6689
Yeah, that wasn't incredibly impressive.

Like Skruples said, there's nothing terribly difficult about sitting above a flag and killing people.
Stenchorz
+6|6650
nice even teams too  @@
caek
Someone who can!
+4|6652
Hah, my friend and I make a much better chopper team then what they had going on in that video. We saw this when it first came out and since then we always throw smoke at our feet waiting for a chopper, cause thats how the 'world champs' did it .

As some one who prefers the chopper over anything else, I like this patch, quite frankly, with the exception of the AA, everything feels balanced to me. Before the patch, I would get lazy and fly in circles around a base while my gunner goes all the work, occasionally getting a tank that my gunner couldn't because he was reloading. The only thing that could stop us was my own errors, an FAV, or another chopper.
Now I'm flying 10 feet off the ground, avoiding AA and jeeps in concentration, and the game has never been more fun for me. And thats all it really comes down to for me in the long run. Just fun.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

Skruples wrote:

"impossibly good" is not the adjective i'd use. Above average certainly, but that pilot doesnt know when to back off, and the gunner missed a few butter shots. Camping a flag for 10 minutes does not actually constitute skill...
While in the normal battlefield games I would say yes however in this game, which is a tournament game, of 10 or less people on each side with only 4 flags, this is exactly what they should be doing. They press them constantly via tanks, apcs and chopper attacks. The chopper has to do most of the work as it's the most maneuverable and devistating platform they have. You see CHONG neuter the EGO team (Or was it the other way around?) throughout the game by just keeping pressure on their mainbase.

I don't agree with this tactic on a 32 or 64 player map but in this specific setting I applaud their expert play.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671
I didn't say they were doing anything wrong. I said it wasn't very difficult.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
dat is a good video... omfg i want dice to remove the 1.2 patch it has recked the game anyone who wigned about the aa obviously doesent no how to use it.. now its to just good...aww sure ok keep the anti bunny hopping / dolphin diving part of the patch but remove the aa an st00f
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Thats all? Amazin skills, NOT. Sorry to say but this video footage of these "above average" helo-boys isn't all that exciting. And after the AA tune up, they won't stand a change hoovering like that, the gunner misses to many shots and missing a chopper that just ignited his engines is kinda shamefull.

Now I respect a F15 gunner that manages to fire all missiles on target at full speed!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
YOu flyboys won't have a chance with the new AA, but keep getting into a plane, your time has come. Anyone can baserape and own. What was it like 15 against 5. (ERO) Obviously they weren't that experienced to even get into thier chopper and wonder why they didn't have a lonewolf to camp thier spawnpoint with the M95? Small maps are ridiculous. But go ahead and flame.

Another thing I hate people that judge off others stats. Just because they don't fly planes for 8,000 hours and have 800,000 kills doesnt mean they suck, it means they choose not to use, and that is not thier playing field. People are idiots, you don't have a 'general' idea, someone that judged me once was totally wrong. Try again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard