commissargizz
+123|6455| Heaven
LOL I thought it was funny but I did study a bit of the Finland/Russia conflict at school. The Finns totally owned the Ruskies, now if Finland had double the size of it's army, I wonder what would have happened.

I think the picture is the Austrian army, special forces unit or the French Foreign Legion
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6517|Milkystania, yurop

Mek-Izzle wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

no u
love is in the air.
you're in the air.
Its called Body odour silly
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6464|6 6 4 oh, I forget

No. Srsly. Do NOT fuck with us.

Magpie

Ultrafunkula wrote:

To late I have already done one of ur females
Ultrafunkula

Magpie wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Kikäss! Was she any good?
Magpie

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

How dare you ask that question

A true gentleman would never answer that question!!!!

But I'm no gentleman so....

No she was ok , but crazy...crazy in a bad way not  a lulz way
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6382|fåking denmark

Magpie wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Where you able too understand her.
I can't under either finnish or swedish, so I wonder how you can.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6319

Where do you get these? Did you just happen to have the same photo as teh OP or did you somehow search for the image out of boredom?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Magpie

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Well Its called she spoke swedish since she studied it at school.....

I understand swedish since i have lived here my whole life duuuh, and i understand danish since i live in Malmö duuuuh
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6382|fåking denmark

Magpie wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Magpie wrote:

I understand swedish since i have lived here my whole life duuuh, and i understand danish since i live in Malmö duuuuh
Still, it's not understandable languages.

Last edited by Lieutenant_Jensen (2008-02-08 12:33:12)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
crazy scandinavians
Ultrafunkula

Magpie wrote:

No she was ok , but crazy...crazy in a bad way not  a lulz way[/b]
Aaaaw. So she was too rough for ya
Sometimes it's waaayyyy good to let the woman take control of everything It wil feel good. Especially if she's a milf
Magpie

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Still, it's not understandable languages.
For me it is...danish is not that hard it just when u guys count and shit that i cant understand.....
But i dont like köpenhamn after that we were chased out of a stripclub by a stripper

Mek-Izzle wrote:

crazy scandinavians
Crazy amerikan
Magpie

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Magpie wrote:

No she was ok , but crazy...crazy in a bad way not  a lulz way[/b]
Aaaaw. So she was too rough for ya
Sometimes it's waaayyyy good to let the woman take control of everything It wil feel good. Especially if she's a milf
She was weird and a bit nutty

Just how i like them
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

DeathUnlimited wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Aye. Or a "day at the defence forces"-round tour for people with Downs.
It is indeed that, taken from a clip that was in youtube. Basically retarded people trying army stuff in some document film.
Whatever
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine
Note that Russians were attacking - automaticaly x3 casualties. Then, It was winter and -30 - -40 average temperatures - and russians havent proper winter equipment. Actually after 1940 winter equipment was developed and went into mass production - which was a huge factor that helped USSR to win the 1941-1945 war. And after all, USSR won - they got territories around Murmansk's railroad and around Leningrad (St.Petersburg) which they demand.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

Longbow wrote:

Note that Russians were attacking - automaticaly x3 casualties. Then, It was winter and -30 - -40 average temperatures - and russians havent proper winter equipment. Actually after 1940 winter equipment was developed and went into mass production - which was a huge factor that helped USSR to win the 1941-1945 war. And after all, USSR won - they got territories around Murmansk's railroad and around Leningrad (St.Petersburg) which they demand.
If you're going to attack in the winter, wear some warm clothes, for Christ sake. If you're planning to invade a country and make it a part of the communist USSR and end up in a peace treaty after conquering maybe 150km land and getting more troops killed than.. ..I don't know what, you have lost. If you are fighting wars on several fronts and haven't thought that someone might actually want to hold on to their country.. ..well, you know where I'm going with this one.

The continuation war was basically USSR trying to penetrate into Finland again, but the Red machine just couldn't get through. Obsolete combat tactics vs. guerilla warfare, tbh.

As for winning land in the war, yes, the USSR succeeded (and later on totally ruined the land). If by winning the wars, that can be argued. IMO it was a Finnish victory, and if anything in favor for the USSR, maybe, just maybe it could be called a tie.

Considering the strength of attacking forces vs. the defence, Finland > USSR.
I need around tree fiddy.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6736

Half my family is Finnish - Pappa fought in that war and I wear the watch that survived it. It was so bad that he would rarely tell stories of it. The drugs they took to survive and the battles they fought were pretty horrific to listen to. One story that shook him was watching the Russians send hundreds upon hundreds of men on a forested hill that the Finns had covered with machine guns. Apparently the valley below was just choked full of Russians falling on top of each other after two days of "battle". The Russians tried to advance with pure body count, and evidently failed. Some of the other stories I did hear were pretty scary for the Finns though. The weather was terrible and the landscape deadly with frozen and near frozen lakes and streams and snow and cold, and good luck fighting in that for long.

Edit: a purely excellent book to read for entertainment and 100% truth is called Fighter Over Finland (the one English translation of it). I highly recommend it, for the aviation, for the insight on the few planes the Finns did have and how they chewed apart the Russian air force and the lives that were lived back then... excellent book on all levels.

https://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6189/watchmq3.jpg
Note the strap has changed sometime in the 50's or 60's to this stainless steel one. It was probably leather or something before that. It's old and three jewelers I've been too cant identify it but would venture that it is rare and worth keeping around (obviously). The face is cracked and etched all over from use.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2008-02-08 13:37:55)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6676|Espoo, Finland

Longbow wrote:

130 aircraft vs. 3800 aircraft
30 tanks vs. 6541 tanks
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine

DonFck wrote:

If you're going to attack in the winter, wear some warm clothes, for Christ sake. If you're planning to invade a country and make it a part of the communist USSR and end up in a peace treaty after conquering maybe 150km land and getting more troops killed than.. ..I don't know what, you have lost. If you are fighting wars on several fronts and haven't thought that someone might actually want to hold on to their country.. ..well, you know where I'm going with this one.

The continuation war was basically USSR trying to penetrate into Finland again, but the Red machine just couldn't get through. Obsolete combat tactics vs. guerilla warfare, tbh.

As for winning land in the war, yes, the USSR succeeded (and later on totally ruined the land). If by winning the wars, that can be argued. IMO it was a Finnish victory, and if anything in favor for the USSR, maybe, just maybe it could be called a tie.

Considering the strength of attacking forces vs. the defence, Finland > USSR.
Oh, I forgot Mannerheim's (sp?) line - one of the strongest defence lines known to humanity. Speaking of losses, Finland definitely won. But yet, USSR reached it's goal - territories, that were actually a reason of the war, were given to USSR.

And USSR attacked in winter - 2+ methers of snow + landscape full of different size stones (under winter snow) made it close to impossible to attack with tanks. And how are you going to break heavy fortified line without tanks? 

Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that Finish sucked at this war - they were heroes, their small military hold USSR army for 3 months and they had exellent cold weather equipment, but yet, you cant deny the fact that USSR succeed in impossible situation. Most of western militaries won't even try to fight in that conditions. Imo, considering all factors, losses were quite adequate.

130 aircraft vs. 3800 aircraft
30 tanks vs. 6541 tanks
War took place in the middle of subarctic winter. Weather and landscape made them almost useless. Note that most of USSR losses were infantry - because infantry was the only military branch that was able to fight in that conditions. +most of that vehicles were quite outdated, only in the middle\end of war USSR army began to recieve shell-proof (early tanks were only bullet-proof) T-34's, KV-1, KV-2 - tanks with wide trucks, which was a crusial factor in winter war.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-02-08 13:37:34)

tupla_s
+455|6583|Finland
\/\/sig\/\/     'Hides in the woods'
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

tupla_s wrote:

180/270/362?
tupla_s
+455|6583|Finland

DonFck wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

180/270/362?
Don't know yet, hopefully 180
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

tupla_s wrote:

DonFck wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

180/270/362?
Don't know yet, hopefully 180
lol wut. Go for the 270, the last three months kick ass. Words of an ex-Military Police
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6676|Espoo, Finland
I'm most likely starting my service this summer

Btw, your sig makes no sense Don.
Edit: or is that some sort of combo?

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-02-08 14:04:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard