-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

No, you can (and always should) support the troops, but that doesn't mean you support the war.
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California

Ryan wrote:

If you support the troops, does that in turn mean that you support the war in the middle east?
I see dozens of cars with 'support the troops' bumper stickers on them, but does this mean they support war and encourage it?
A better question is, "Does having those ludicrous 'Support the Troops' magnets equate to actually supporting them?  Hell NO.  It's more of a "I'm putting out the trendy vibe of false patriotism because everyone is doing it and Vietnam movies showed me that troops weren't treated well after coming home."

Supporting troops IMHO is mailing them carepackages, sending them flash hiders, spray string, baked goods, visiting their blogs and making positive comments of gratitude and "ataboys/girls" etc. 

Not once have I seen a car adorned with those false patriotic symbols stop and give $5 to the dude at the freeway exit wearing a sign and crutches.  And in the coming years and decades as these "country's finest - but abandoned" find their way out of their once happy families, their jobs, and out of luck, I"m sure the magnets will go away and so will the flag stickers suggesting we're not a divided country..and still, these brave men will sit at the offramps joining the ranks of Vietnam era vets.

For me, I never supported the invasion of Iraq, and I didn't think putting troops on the ground in Afghanistan was smart.  I still feel that way with the exception of transporting ALL currently deployed troops to Afghanistan to actually do the job Rice says has been done (yank the Taliban).   I do support the troops, but I do NOT believe they are contributing to my country's safety, security, and our freedom.  They are however, doing a hell of a job despite not having a good cause (other than to safeguard themselves and their units) at the whims of a madman playing politics with their lives.  I ride a BART train by a very sobering memorial every day and revere those who are dead, who died honorably for no good reason.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-07 18:19:38)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky

ATG wrote:

It's about acknowledging the human factor.
These are real people. We want them safe, armed, protected, ass kicking, happy, well fed, morally correct and we want them home as soon as possible.
But without negating the deaths of those who won't come home by surrendering the ME to terrorists.

Fuck George Bush, right in the ass, btw.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6678|Ft. Drum, NY
I dont support the war but I will die for that man in the guard tower with me. I joined to protect my fellow soldiers. I didnt join to travel across the world to fight for some crazy texan's vendetta and greed.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

Im for the war but against the troops.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

RoosterCantrell wrote:

]

Somebody already got banned in this thread for a smart ass comment.

Just sayin...
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6660|WPB, FL. USA
No one, and I repeat, NO ONE!, in there right minds supports "war".  It's a term the Dem's came up with to make the Repub's look bad.  You can disagree with why we are there or even if we should be there, however, you should support the people from around the world who are there trying to make things better.  Again, don't mix the two separate issues. 

IMHO - The sooner we come together on supporting the people that are there who are doing their jobs the sooner they'll be home.  The extremest have proven to us that they gain strength and cause more deaths when they divide us and our support for the people and the cause.  If you disagree with it openly then you are indirectly putting our people at risk!   

..and to ATG - President Bush said you wouldn't like it cause he would just lay there 
Enjoy your freedom.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

ATG wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

]

Just sayin...
awww its not smart ass.  it makes no sense, that's the point.  tell me that cheesy jokes aren't posted everyday.

Lol, lighten up buddy.  Besides, if I got perm banned it's like for what.. two months?
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6678|Ft. Drum, NY

RoosterCantrell wrote:

cute, your so funny! fag
IRONCHEF
This guy LUUUUUUUVS war and wants it to never end...
https://tvnewslies.org/assets/images/kristol.jpg

Of course, so does Cheney, but i don't have the time to pick the ugliest picture I can find of that sack of shit.
IRONCHEF

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ATG wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

]

Just sayin...
awww its not smart ass.  it makes no sense, that's the point.  tell me that cheesy jokes aren't posted everyday.

Lol, lighten up buddy.  Besides, if I got perm banned it's like for what.. two months?
It was kinda funny.  This forum is seriously too uptight and needs to lighten up...especially after demanding our most intense debating all day..it's nice to have a stab at funny (which is at the expense of no one, since it's obviously not an accurate sentiment).
ATG
Banned
Look, I'm not a mod. I don't care what you post. I don't like to see people get banned, like Cougar, Ikarti, so many others.

The OP deserved seriousness.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 2#p1880072
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

ATG wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

]

Just sayin...
Naw, he was spamming that comment in a bunch of other threads too.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

yuckfou09 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

cute, your so funny! fag
wow, never knew a lame joke could upset someone so easily. fuck me...... with another man, right? lol relax.

Christ... grow up.

Truth be told, I don't know what's going on day to day in Iraq.  Troops have more guts than I, so, I support them.  Alot of troops say they are doing good over there.  so who am I to say I'm against it?  Alot of peopel also say its pointless.  So, until I serve over there, I have no judgement on it.  I have veiws on it being counter productive... but who am I to say.

There is everybody ok now?  Is everyone over one lame ass joke I posted for the hell of it?

EDIT:

IRONCHEF wrote:

This forum is seriously too uptight and needs to lighten up...especially after demanding our most intense debating all day..it's nice to have a stab at funny (which is at the expense of no one, since it's obviously not an accurate sentiment).
wow agreed.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-02-07 18:37:14)

ATG
Banned
Yes
d307
+9|5968|Dallas, Texas
In my eyes Supporting the troops means you support the men and women who put their lives on the line everyday. This does not mean that you support or back "the war on terror" or that you condone what they are doing there. The men and woman that you support are doing a job, a job that the rest of us decided not to take. Does supporting police officers mean you support local crime? I sure as hell hope not!

I support our troops and always will, mainly bc I decided to have a career and support my family from the safety of my own home, and they decided to support their family and provide by protecting those who either cant or those who chose not too.

Just my two cents...

d3
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6711|Charlie One Alpha

trippy982 wrote:

Supporting troops that spawn supporting wars with laserbeams attached...

EDIT:  ok... this is getting old...

um... i guess the laserbeams scares me most...
Did he just get banned for that?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
RECONDO67
+60|6638|miami FL
you guys want to support the troops? Do what I do  I support.
www.uso.org
www.pva.org
www.vfw.org
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6538|Carlsbad, CA, USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

yuckfou09 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

cute, your so funny! fag
wow, never knew a lame joke could upset someone so easily. fuck me...... with another man, right? lol relax.

Christ... grow up.

Truth be told, I don't know what's going on day to day in Iraq.  Troops have more guts than I, so, I support them.  Alot of troops say they are doing good over there.  so who am I to say I'm against it?  Alot of peopel also say its pointless.  So, until I serve over there, I have no judgement on it.  I have veiws on it being counter productive... but who am I to say.

There is everybody ok now?  Is everyone over one lame ass joke I posted for the hell of it?

EDIT:

IRONCHEF wrote:

This forum is seriously too uptight and needs to lighten up...especially after demanding our most intense debating all day..it's nice to have a stab at funny (which is at the expense of no one, since it's obviously not an accurate sentiment).
wow agreed.
yeah im over it, i like a little of the lighter side to my d&st.
i want to add one thing to your comment about the troops over there. a lot of them are 18 to 20 years old, and from small towns all over the USA, they are just kids, without the benefit of even the simple experience of going to a large city. i feel so bad that they have to come of age in this way. i support each and every soldier that serves. they do not have a choice. they follow orders. they deserve our support.
RECONDO67
+60|6638|miami FL
By the way read what it says on the middle ones main page. Our fearless leader presented the budget and made a cut of 3.9 billion from vets after he sent them to war. what a pal
RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

Alot of them are 18 to 20 years old, and from small towns all over the USA, they are just kids, without the benefit of even the simple experience of going to a large city. i feel so bad that they have to come of age in this way. i support each and every soldier that serves. they do not have a choice. they follow orders. they deserve our support.
Yeah, I could imagine that would be tough. I suppose one could say that "well they signed up", but even if you watch liveleak videos, wathc videos on the net, nothing prepares you for the real thing, or makes you realize just what it is until you are there.  Not that I speak from experience, but I couldn't imagine being there, in some of the videos i've seen.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has become a problem with many troops, and now with female troops too.  It's becoming a big problem.  I wonder if the government really preps them for the hardcore shit, or if its possible to do so.  It sounds like the government really isn't helping with the people with PTSD.

My girlfriend is getting her Master's in social work, and she's read about how alot of troops can't function well back home, and it's resulting in homeless vets. craziness.

RECONDO67 wrote:

By the way read what it says on the middle ones main page. Our fearless leader presented the budget and made a cut of 3.9 billion from vets after he sent them to war. what a pal
Mere months and he'll be gone.  Regardless of political party, I hope the next president owns up to the fact that Bush was a piece of shit, and does some things to correct it.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-02-07 18:53:16)

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641
What I hate is that a young soldier can go fight a war for the country, but he can't go to a bar in the U.S. to get a beer...

Last edited by ThaReaper (2008-02-07 18:55:10)

-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6538|Carlsbad, CA, USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

Alot of them are 18 to 20 years old, and from small towns all over the USA, they are just kids, without the benefit of even the simple experience of going to a large city. i feel so bad that they have to come of age in this way. i support each and every soldier that serves. they do not have a choice. they follow orders. they deserve our support.
Yeah, I could imagine that would be tough. I suppose one could say that "well they signed up", but even if you watch liveleak videos, wathc videos on the net, nothing prepares you for the real thing, or makes you realize just what it is until you are there.  Not that I speak from experience, but I couldn't imagine being there, in some of the videos i've seen.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has become a problem with many troops, and now with female troops too.  It's becoming a big problem.  I wonder if the government really preps them for the hardcore shit, or if its possible to do so.  It sounds like the government really isn't helping with the people with PTSD.

My girlfriend is getting her Master's in social work, and she's read about how alot of troops can't function well back home, and it's resulting in homeless vets. craziness.
there is no prepping, as far as the experience is concerned, they get training, some of it fairly realistic. my bro in law has a one legged friend that gets paid to act in "war scenario training" in 29 palms. but there is no prep for watching a buddy die. hell i watched once, not even a buddy, just someone i worked with, and i know it fucked with my head. it still does. ive watched ppl with head trauma, matter of fact my last call, 16 yr old female, out of her mind getting loaded on a chopper. you never recover from those things. and that wasnt even war.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

there is no prepping, as far as the experience is concerned, they get training, some of it fairly realistic. my bro in law has a one legged friend that gets paid to act in "war scenario training" in 29 palms. but there is no prep for watching a buddy die. hell i watched once, not even a buddy, just someone i worked with, and i know it fucked with my head. it still does. ive watched ppl with head trauma, matter of fact my last call, 16 yr old female, out of her mind getting loaded on a chopper. you never recover from those things. and that wasnt even war.
I almost wonder if the armed forces should have some kind of screening for one's ability to be able to handle high stress situations like that.  No easy feat i'm sure, the cost and the "test" for such a thing, but some people just can't handle it.  Well, war is never pretty.

RECONDO67 wrote:

you guys want to support the troops? Do what I do  I support.
www.uso.org
www.pva.org
www.vfw.org
true. very true.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-02-07 19:14:40)

BVC
+325|6697
Of course its possible to support the troops without supporting the war.  Writing a letter, sending a food parcel, or welcoming them home isn't supporting the war, its supporting the people who have to go fight in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard