geNius
..!.,
+144|6447|SoCal
I've been banned at least 9 times for seathopping.  It's a ridiculous rule.

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're denying someone the ability to gun for you, and the opportunity to learn. They were right to ban you.
The rest of us get sick and tired of wasting our time dying while our gunners insist on sucking, and our pilots think helos are flag wagons.  Go practice in unranked servers.

Last edited by geNius (2008-02-05 16:41:29)

https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
[AH1z]PJ
+75|6362
Seatswitching

approved
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6153|San Antonio, Texas

geNius wrote:

I've been banned at least 9 times for seathopping.  It's a ridiculous rule.
Now bannage is ridiculous!
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6485|Somewhere else

I suck at flying, and am average at gunning.  and I've played the game for over 1440 hours. 

The reason I suck,  because solo pilots insist of flying alone, many people ONLY fly, and pilots think the chopper is thiers.  I don't even bother trying to fly.  I'd rather play the GAME, then sit around and bitch and moan for the damn flying toys.

But the people bitching about shitty gunners, are partially to blame.  It's not possible to get experience as a gunner unless you PLAY THE GAME.  I understand, noob gunners are frustrating.  But it's part of the game.

Same thing as soloing.  Not worthy of a kick.

On one side if you have a noob gunner, you can't get rid of him/ won't politely leave, constantly respawn at the chopper to noob it up again.

On the other side solo whores steal the chopper or readline you/ never evengive you a chance to learn or prove your skill, assuming by one bad shot that you're a noob.

Hell the Majority of my helo time, is in a damn transport chopper.  It's just not worth all the BS.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6161|Vancouver | Canada
Rooster: Not everyone remembers what it is like to be new at something.

Fuck 'em.

Elitist dipshits.
B3ing u P4in
+4|5967
Heli seatswitch is so cool
l41e
+677|6653

Re: L33t soloz0r pilots

Your "noob gunner" who's "getting you killed" is still a "noob gunner" because of leetshits like you who M95'd him out of "their" choppers for the past 300 hours he's played BF2. Maybe, God forbid the thought, if you let him gun, he'll stop being a "noob gunner" and you can take him for rides once he turns l3et5h1tpr0 like you.

Or just take him along, so that when you inevitably crash your sorry ass into a nuclear reactor cooling tower you can have an easy target to blame. I mean, after all, joining the target of your anger's squad, getting on VOIP and screaming like a 6-year-old girl is soooo much more leet than just global chat spamming the enemy anti-aircraft gunner, so it's obviously much preferable to have a scapegoat on your team.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2008-02-05 19:02:50)

[AH1z]PJ
+75|6362

k30dxedle wrote:

Your "noob gunner" who's "getting you killed" is still a "noob gunner" because of leetshits like you who M95'd him out of "their" choppers for the past 300 hours he's played BF2. Maybe, God forbid the thought, if you let him gun, he'll stop being a "noob gunner" and you can take him for rides once he turns l3et5h1tpr0 like you.

Or just take him along, so that when you inevitably crash your sorry ass into a nuclear reactor cooling tower you can have an easy target to blame. I mean, after all, joining the target of your anger's squad, getting on VOIP and screaming like a 6-year-old girl is soooo much more leet than just global chat spamming the enemy anti-aircraft gunner, so it's obviously much preferable to have a scapegoat on your team.
GO PRACTICE IN BLEEPING SINGLE PLAYER SCRUB

Last edited by [AH1z]PJ (2008-02-05 19:19:54)

clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5961|Minnesota
seat switching being a most heinous crime should be punished for judiciously! i mean it's a game about staying alive, doing so is wrong! (please whip out your sarcasm detector)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

Uh Oh you called him SCRUB!
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6005|London ㋛

k30dxedle wrote:

That may be the case with some people, but not all, I know from experience, like you, having a a "noob" looking rank, most decent pilots will tell us to fuck off if we get in the chopper, I don't, Im not great at gunning or flying, but i can hold my own, i may get pretty pissed off at noob gunners or pilots, but id never tk them. Like snake said, bf2 players lack common sense, if you really suck, try and fix it, doing the same thing over and over that results in you sucking wont get you anywhere, I learnt everything i know from tutorials and watching other heli vids. Creating a local server and practicing there is good, that's where i learnt to funnel and use the TV then you just gotta be patient with other players letting you fly with them. Yes everyone needs to learn somewhere, but learning on a ranked server while you suck is pretty much gonna piss people off, like i said - tutorials, vids, local servers and SP dragon valley for soloing. Anyway, this rather off topic. Sorry

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-02-05 19:32:59)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

How do I feel about seat-switching? Give people a chance to gun. If they suck, then kill them yourself with your main missiles. The only time seat-switching is ok is if you hang around the heli pad and see that no one else wants to get in the heli. At that point, since no one wants to be your gunner, you have no choice. But if someone wants to, they have every right. It's a team game and that helicopter has two seats. It's not your personal helicopter.

If you do want your own personal helicopter because that's how selfish you are, then by all means make your own server and kick people who get in your helicopter. Good luck keeping the server full, though.
Slarty
+37|5970|Ingerland
Solo'ing has a time and a place. I've solo'd myself on more than a few occasions, and gotten one of my BR scores doing so.

However, I will usually look to pick up a gunner. I do tend to play only a few severs so I know who's good and who isn't. BUT I will still pick someone up even if I don't know whether they're goodish or not. If they're crap with the TV's I'll just take the threat out with the pilots missles (why do people say that they're no good? In the cobra they're fantastic!!) and let them kill the ground troops with the chain gun. I even had to point out to someone only last night that TV missles could be guided, so not everyone is vastly experienced.

I'm no leet pilot by any means, but I've had an awful lot of compliments about my flying from gunners RE lining them up for shots etc.

PS EcOli I just saw/was shot down by/killed you on the =SF= server I do believe
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6320|Canada BC
Go on our server and do it all you want just dont kill anybody to do it is our motto and I think it should be the same for all servers.

GOW wake island
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6005|London ㋛

Just? like 4 hours ago? I was on there tonight though. Or was I? I dunno, i have been playing EF/AF maps tonight, and whoring the heli. It's 4 am i dunno, why are we still up?
Slarty
+37|5970|Ingerland

Ec0li wrote:

Just? like 4 hours ago? I was on there tonight though. Or was I? I dunno, i have been playing EF/AF maps tonight, and whoring the heli. It's 4 am i dunno, why are we still up?
As in about 30 minutes ago? You kept whoring the AA and nailing my arse in the A10 on Road Rage. I work shifts, that's my excuse

Back on topic.........
san4
The Mas
+311|6693|NYC, a place to live
When the pilot switches seats in the chopper it breaks the mobile AA missile lock. That's totally unfair.

No one ever thinks about how the mobile AA driver feels about things.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6645|Your moms bedroom
i gotta redo my macros on my speed pad if i want to SS TV
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6226|Finland

Flex wrote:

Servers that kick for seat switching and bunnyhopping are imo "lame". And to say that people who solo do it bc they're less skilled is LOL funny.
Hmm forgot that one, just because i usually play wake on bf2s. (No wanker admins)
I only get kicked when i feel like it

san4 wrote:

When the pilot switches seats in the chopper it breaks the mobile AA missile lock. That's totally unfair.

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2008-02-05 21:08:45)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6328|Orrstrayleea

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're denying someone the ability to gun for you, and the opportunity to learn. They were right to ban you.
If Someone gets in my chopper and is a shit gunner i redline him, then solo, Why should i waste my time teaching some random pubfool that ill never see again, i learnt on my own.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6652

san4 wrote:

That was patched out a long time ago, noob. In the good old days you could just switch right above mobile AA and let the chopper carry you out of range. Good times...
jason85
Banned
+58|6002|Mesa, AZ

CapnNismo wrote:

I think seat switching is one of the lamest things around, TBH. Find a gunner, or just learn to dodge missiles.
fail. what i think is lame is going up against another chopper that has both and there isn't a decent gunner on my team. if i solo and kill someone it shows that they aren't as good as me. it is harder to kill a chopper with a gunner and pilot than it is to kill someone soloing. you get killed, try again and get better, don't kick/ban.

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

If Someone gets in my chopper and is a shit gunner i redline him, then solo, Why should i waste my time teaching some random pubfool that ill never see again, i learnt on my own.
amen. when i used to play 1.03 a few months back, i would teach someone because i'd see them again every night. but with 1.41, i rarely see the same person twice, so why bother?

Last edited by jason85 (2008-02-05 22:57:34)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6628|EU

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

then I would hunt you down and teabag you all the time! I hate people doing this.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6226|Finland
About redlining, i would ask them to bail out first, then use force to get him out of it
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6308|The | Netherlands

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

About redlining, i would ask them to bail out first, then use force to get him out of it
That's how I do it too, I first say them several time to go out, sometimes people ak 'Why? So I can go solo' and than they hop out. Usualy, they don't and they'll get an extra death.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard