HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6111|Washington DC
Everytime I get some invitation to install a Facebook ad, I usually go along with it. What fucking irks me is that 90% of applications require you to spam (don't give me that "invite" bullshit, it's spam pure and simple) your friends in order to use them. Wanna get a new car in that racing game? Spam your friends. Wanna get a new vehicle avatar in that Starcraft app? Spam!

Fucking stupid. Jetman, iLike, and Boombox DON'T require retarded spam and they're pretty damn popular. Here's a suggestion: make your applications not fucking suck, and you won't have to resort to this spam tactic in order to spread the word.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6805

You actually accept those invites?

Ugh I can't stand having my page crowded with loads and loads of shit. I like to keep it simple. And I only keep the ones I actually use.

Right now the only apps I have installed are:
Photos
Groups
Posted Items
Notes
Events
Marketplace
Courses
Video
Last.fm
Pandora

and 6/10 of those are default anyway.

When I see someone with a crowded page full of apps, I wish they would just go back to myspace.
Imagorilla
M95 > Apache
+5|6078|US of A
Facebook = Bf2?...
i agree they are retarded but we cant do anything about it here.
i do believe there is a group on facebook that is trying to stop this.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6111|Washington DC

mtb0minime wrote:

You actually accept those invites?

Ugh I can't stand having my page crowded with loads and loads of shit. I like to keep it simple. And I only keep the ones I actually use.

Right now the only apps I have installed are:
Photos
Groups
Posted Items
Notes
Events
Marketplace
Courses
Video
Last.fm
Pandora

and 6/10 of those are default anyway.

When I see someone with a crowded page full of apps, I wish they would just go back to myspace.
I just deleted a bunch of my apps I only have the defaults, Graffiti, US Politics, Political Compass, Jetman, Where I've Been, and My Heritage. I also organize them to the side to prevent clutter.

Not that many people post on my Facebook, but I might as well not make their computers attempt suicide when they load my page.
trippy982
+34|6548
I have the defaults only.  You want apps, GTFO and go back to mySpace.  Plus I have enough friends to keep me occupy with the default stuff and don't need all that other silly apps to keep me looking busy and having a lot of eFriends.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6111|Washington DC

trippy982 wrote:

I have the defaults only.  You want apps, GTFO and go back to mySpace.  Plus I have enough friends to keep me occupy with the default stuff and don't need all that other silly apps to keep me looking busy and having a lot of eFriends.
Uhh... the apps are just nifty little touches. Boombox lets people hear the music I like. My Heritage gives a bit more info about me. Same with Where I've Been and the political compass.

Seriously dude, it's fucking Facebook. Not srs bsns. There IS a line between a normal amount of apps and those people with like 30. The latter need a lesson in not abusing their profiles.
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6385|Texas
i have 205 invites since 3 months ago #___#
trippy982
+34|6548

HurricaИe wrote:

trippy982 wrote:

Uhh... the apps are just nifty little touches. Boombox lets people hear the music I like. My Heritage gives a bit more info about me. Same with Where I've Been and the political compass.

Seriously dude, it's fucking Facebook. Not srs bsns. There IS a line between a normal amount of apps and those people with like 30. The latter need a lesson in not abusing their profiles.
Facebook is just becoming more like mySpace ever since they opened up to developers and more so now when Google or Micro$oft brought them out.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6891|United States
In order to log-out, please add the log-out application.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6111|Washington DC

Bert10099 wrote:

In order to log-out, please add the log-out application.
First you have to invite 20 friends!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6809|BC, Canada
the cause massive lag when my housemate is looking at them while I'm playing bf2.... especially those stupid funwall or superwall pages, is it just me or does anyone else get a kick out of the bs people forward on that... I had to remove any of those from my profile cause of to much stupidity coming my way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard