White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland
My Creative Zen 30 gig MP3 player has been broken for about 5 months, and after waiting a month at a time to get a reply to me emails I sent off my MP3 which for returned after 2 months with the same fault.

I want to destroy it, but in the way it looks like it... just stopped working.

I heard tumbledrying it would do this?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6816

Damn, at first I thought it would be destroying for fun, and causing as much destruction as possible.

Maybe you could possibly de-magnetize it? You'd need a good magnet for that, and you might not even be able to get away with it; check the warranty or return policy.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6359|Winland

Remove battery
Take cables
Attach to where the battery would go
Enjoy the fireworks.

Seriously, poke something into the headphone jack, so that the little connectors become bent and won't work.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Benzin
+576|6160
See what the warranty entails and just find something on the list of covered situations and do that.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland
Your limited hardware warranty does not apply to:

• Damage caused by normal wear and tear, abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions or other acts which are not the fault of Creative, including damage or loss during shipment.

• Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft, or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection by Creative.

• Damage or loss of data due to (i) interoperability with current and/or future versions of operating systems or other current and/or future software and hardware, (ii) a computer virus, worm, Trojan horse or memory content corruption, or (iii) malfunction or defect of the Product.

• Counterfeit products or any accompanying products not bearing a Creative serial number provided with the Product, or in the case of communications products, the use of the Product outside the borders of the country intended for use (as indicated by local telecommunication approval stickers).

• Any Product that has had its serial number altered, defaced or removed.

• Any defect occurring after the expiration of the Warranty Period or where Creative was not advised in writing of an alleged defect or malfunction within seven (7) days after the expiration of the Warranty Period.

• Damage to or loss of a product during the period the equipment is in transit to a Creative Labs location
I don't have a very good magnet anywhere. So freezers bent inside jack thing sounds allright right now.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6359|Winland

• Damage caused by normal wear and tear, abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions or other acts which are not the fault of Creative, including damage or loss during shipment.

• Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft, or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection by Creative.

• Damage or loss of data due to (i) interoperability with current and/or future versions of operating systems or other current and/or future software and hardware, (ii) a computer virus, worm, Trojan horse or memory content corruption, or (iii) malfunction or defect of the Product.

• Counterfeit products or any accompanying products not bearing a Creative serial number provided with the Product, or in the case of communications products, the use of the Product outside the borders of the country intended for use (as indicated by local telecommunication approval stickers).

• Any defect occurring after the expiration of the Warranty Period or where Creative was not advised in writing of an alleged defect or malfunction within seven (7) days after the expiration of the Warranty Period.

• Damage to or loss of a product during the period the equipment is in transit to a Creative Labs location

• Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft.

• Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God.

earthquakes, an Act of God.
Act of God.
O SHI-
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6816

Well in this case, it's an act of White-Fusion.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6530|Calgary, Canada
Hahaahah an act of god. omg thats funny.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|7005|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

• Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft.

• Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God.

earthquakes, an Act of God.
Act of God.
O SHI-
I lol'ed when I read it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6816

You should find a hurricane, flood, earthquake, or tornado and let it get torn apart. Then tell them you don't believe in god, and rather, it was an act of science and nature. Sue them if they refuse. You could set a huge precedent
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland
*Waits for some sort of joke relating to RAM*
Benzin
+576|6160
Damn, so your warranty covers - nothing???
Entertayner
+826|6732

My exact same mp3 broke the exact same way.  I gave it to my friends.  It got run over by a lorry.

Then the battery was dissected to create an alternate form of heating and stink out our Common Room at school.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6926|mansfield
just stick it in smoothie maker and drink it .
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland

CapnNismo wrote:

It seems this way. That's why I need something that looks like it suddenly just... died.

A magnet would do it nicely. Any ideas how big of a magnet i would need?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6687|South Florida

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

mmmm

whitefusion:
Just call up customer support and tell them you where reading the warrent and ask her "Just out of curiousity, what does it cover?"

recieve answer.

???

profit

Last edited by Mitch (2008-02-04 10:51:07)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6687|South Florida

White-Fusion wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

It seems this way. That's why I need something that looks like it suddenly just... died.

A magnet would do it nicely. Any ideas how big of a magnet i would need?
https://www.wtfcostumes.com/costumes/red_blue_japanese.jpg

One about that size

(Sorry, i fucking HAD to! Plz dont ban me)

Last edited by Mitch (2008-02-04 10:53:13)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland

Mitch wrote:

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

mmmm

whitefusion:
Just call up customer support and tell them you where reading the warrent and ask her "Just out of curiousity, what does it cover?"

recieve answer.

???

profit
If you can find a number to talk to someone from their site you win an internet.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6687|South Florida

White-Fusion wrote:

Mitch wrote:

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

mmmm

whitefusion:

recieve answer.

???

profit
If you can find a number to talk to someone from their site you win an internet.
http://us.creative.com/support/custsup/welcomeds.asp

/internets

Last edited by Mitch (2008-02-04 10:55:47)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland

Mitch wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Mitch wrote:

mmmm

whitefusion:

recieve answer.

???

profit

/internets
United States = [
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6687|South Florida

White-Fusion wrote:

Mitch wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

/internets
United States = [
So.
They wont disconnect you just cause you have a euro accent...

But alas, ill keep looking...

EDIT
Possible fucking win?

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/contact/tutor.asp

EDIT
Even if not, i guess they dont give a support number for people in Europe...
Bummer.
Whats the harm in calling the U.S number anyways? - Or have someone call it for you.

Last edited by Mitch (2008-02-04 11:03:26)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland
Like £7 for half an hour of speaking = /

If someone in the US wants to ring for me I will be forever in there debt!
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6802|Your moms bedroom

White-Fusion wrote:

cant you call on internet phone?

i need to break my i-pod, the headphone jack only works on one ear bud, it has never worked proper, im just to lazy to return it, and i dont know if they will fix it anyways
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6687|South Florida

White-Fusion wrote:

Umm.
Just email them.
I would but i don't want to wait 100 years for them to get to me, and i don't want it showing up on the phone bill and have to explain that i called it for some guy on some forum
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6713|Scotland

Mitch wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Umm.
Just email them.
I would but i don't want to wait 100 years for them to get to me, and i don't want it showing up on the phone bill and have to explain that i called it for some guy on some forum
Emailed them about 20 times and they want me to send the MP3 back to them. If I email them now asking what the warranty does cover then it turns up just like that won't they catch on?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard