MrBrain
+24|6692|Finland
Well how about the new AT/claymore mines that doesn't kill team mates?! I thought the reason that they removed the ability to fire when jumping (now how unrealistic is that? Really?) and the dolphin diving was to add realism. But I reccon it was only because of whining assholes. I've seen posts here praising not seing dolphin divers any more when playing. You know what, I didn't see them frequently before either..!

Now how fucking realistic are the new mines when:
1. They don't kill team mates
2. They are fucking unbreakable
3. goto 2

Now the team mate thing I can in one way understand. This is so that noob spreading mines everywhere shouldn't get so many teamkills and whine the hell out of EA. But why the HELL can't you destroy the damn mines?! Now where is the realism in that? Yesterday I put claymores by our flags and got free kills later when a enemy tried to take the flag. My friend threw AT-mines on the main roads and got a kill every now and then. Now you can't fortunately put that many mines before they start to dissapear but usually someone runs over them before reaching that limit.

As it was before it was realistic and you had to THINK a little. Claymores were for sniper back protection, when you left your sniper spot you threw a grenade on the claymore to remove it and avoid team kills. Dumbasses that threw AT mines on every exit from a flag so that no vehicle could get outta there deserved the team kill (although they were punished sometimes that still doesn't add further negative score), and the person running over them deserved to die because he didn't care for the RED SKULLS.

If you saw an red skull and couldn't get pass it you could always destroy it. Same being an enemy, the mines are hard to spot from an armor, but if you saw them you could destroy them atleast. In one week we'll have 25% of the players as snipers putting claymores, 25% support, 25% engineers spamming mines and the last 25% regular players being killed of the other teams undestroyable mines

The explosive badge is no challenge anymore, imagine kirkland with claymores by the fences and ammobags lying everywhere...

I require a patch that atleast makes the mines destroyable the day before the day after tommorow
Far
+22|6732|USA
Wow, this is the only thread (so far) complaining about the patch that I actually agree with.
How hard would it really have been for EA to change the colors of the cross skull??
xXMMMSXx
+24|6659
The ability to pick them up would have been sufficient.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
engineers can pick up mines.
this patch is a good thing, because now, we will have more engineers and fewer noobtubers. ideally.
zFeinT
+35|6670
For the mines:  The engineers should do their jobs.  Although annoying, it should still be given a shot - ideally engineers will be nice little guys and remove those mines for friendlies: realistically, it'll happen, but not at all that often.
tF-afrojap
+124|6848|SF

Far wrote:

Wow, this is the only thread (so far) complaining about the patch that I actually agree with.
How hard would it really have been for EA to change the colors of the cross skull??
Amen.

(it's DICE who is doing development, not EA)
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia
Wait a minute - mines dont kill friendlies anymore?
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6648
well if you are so desperate for realism... join the freakin army!

I'm sorry but EA gave finally some use to mines by making them undestroyable. Now you really need to use your brain to find a way around them (as in finding alternate routes and stuff). I dont think that many people complain about this part of the patch because it acutally has some use... And well... talking about mines... dont you think, that mines are spammed in a real war? Hell they mine complete fields over and over and noone ever comes across them, I dont see why thorwing 5 mines on a street, hoping that an enemy drives over them, is something bad. You just need to keep your eyes open as a tank-driver now, shouldnt be that hard!

After all this is a game - some realsim is nice but I'm not desperate to get it at all costs....
Far
+22|6732|USA

tF-afrojap wrote:

(it's DICE who is doing development, not EA)
right right, its late, I'm tired
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Claymores are totally gay now. People just throw them EVERYWHERE. I was playing karkand today and there was a claymore around EVERY corner.

Heh, wonderful.

C4 is also totally useless now. It would have been better if they just took it out all togethor.
FSFGrimes
+1|6743
Can't throw C4 (why the hell not!?!?!)
Teammates don't get killed by mines (they can be killed by grenades, why not mines?)
AA has the incredible magic missle
and last but not least, anyone thing headshots are more frequent now? I was a support turned corner and there was any engy with a MP7 I went prone and died instantly. Strange. . .
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6826|Netherlands
and for the ones that havent used c4 pistol or knife exploits,   are even in more trouble 

sinds all exploiters have badges and awards,

and the ones who stay clear of any exploits..no more chance to get it.

this is overkilll.
MrBrain
+24|6692|Finland

CrazeD wrote:

Claymores are totally gay now. People just throw them EVERYWHERE. I was playing karkand today and there was a claymore around EVERY corner.

Heh, wonderful.
Mmm, I actually prefer bunny jumpers and dolphins. That's a problem nowhere near as big as this will be. The throwing-mines-everywhere trick will work for a while until people learn that there are mines everywhere, which means by the flags. And who wants to cap a flag when it's a certain death?! If they were destroyable then you could throw a grenade and clear the flag-area. Maps where one team have the majority of flag will probably own the other team in the future when everybody can use this mine "exploit"
ComradeWho
+50|6696|Southern California
haven't used c4 yet don't know how the change has exactly manifested itself

i do know there's no reason you couldn't throw c4 in real life. but i do also know that you could prematurely detonate the c4 in the air before you even got the detonator out, which is a glitch and should be fixed. but i think the lil whiney babies exaggerated the problem. you really saw that so rarely, and when you did see it you always saw it in the same server from the same people. if you play in a variety of servers then you're not really bothered by some lamer taking advantage of newbies who don't have the balls to do another server search.

anyways though, if they made it so you can't throw c4 then that is pretty lame. there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to so long as your detonator is behaving according to normal game physics.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6653
Yeah.  The mines thing isn't a problem.  I spent my time playing today tossing them around and fools just kept driving over them and dying.  Then, when we went into the enemy's base at Karkand I used my trusty wrench, picked up their mines, and presto!, my tanks rolled on in.  Not hard. . .

The claymores are rather ghey. . .but since the sniper only gets 2 it isn't as bad as it could be.
MrBrain
+24|6692|Finland

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Yeah.  The mines thing isn't a problem.  I spent my time playing today tossing them around and fools just kept driving over them and dying.  Then, when we went into the enemy's base at Karkand I used my trusty wrench, picked up their mines, and presto!, my tanks rolled on in.  Not hard. . .

The claymores are rather ghey. . .but since the sniper only gets 2 it isn't as bad as it could be.
hmm, hokay. Didn't know that enemy mines could be removed with the wrench. Do you get more mines then or where does he put them?

The sniper is still pretty nasty considering people are throwing ammo packs everywhere in the alleys so you can easily refill. Dunno how many clays you can plant, but yesterday I had up 5. I'm soo gonna rape the enemy with my friends, one sniper, one medic and one support in the squad...
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6674|Australia
The reason theyve turned the ff off on the mines is because they have limited the C4, so now they need something to balance the explosives out. I havent got basic explosives but if drop clays everywhere without the TK aspect then that gonna make it easier. Same with AT mines.
Operator_Stavros
+3|6738
I probably played 6 hours today since the patch is that good. I did notice A lot more AT mine use, but guess what, if you see them, there are many ways to get around them.  It is a battle field for gods sake, you need to be careful or you will DIE.

As far as claymores, I never came across any except my own.  I never even figure out there was no FF, I dodge all friendly AT mines as if they were deadly.  I do remember pre 1.2 i triend laying many claymores after refilling my supply, but only 2 are allowed to remain on the field.  I do not know if this still applies. 

Anyways, all i hear is incessant whining about the patch.  I for one today had a collective KD of about 5-1, much better without all the cheap fucks running about.

Oh yea AA rocks, but is not the uberness everyone made it ou to be.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6717
HOHOHOHO!!! no one said no where that Claymores where FF of only mines so stop the wining!!!
HoHo
+0|6648
the whole point of changing the mine characteristics was so that they would be used more often and thus make armor weaker.  they're trying to weaken all the vehicle classes because vehicle whoring was becoming too easy. 

the reason they strengthened the claymores is to balance the sniper class.  up until now it has been by far the weakest.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

It's a server option... if you want realism, find a server without this option enabled.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
As for the realistic issue lets get a grip. In a real war you couldnt walk up to someone and zap 'em with some paddles for them to spring back to life as if nothing had happened and fight like they did b4 they were "critically wounded".

You have to have a balance of realism vs fun and going off the number of people who play the game I'd say they got it right.

Yes people moan and whinge about the game (not cheats, padding glistches etc) but what is the percentage of them compared to how many people play it and don't whinge.

Sorting the mines out may take away a bit of realism but it'll balance that off by adding more fun to the game.  Nice one EA/Dice, I'm happy to go Engineer again now.
[BFL]Delta
+0|6649
i played a bit of engy last night and another things i think theyve changed is that u now get 1 repair point per asset repaired from 0 health.
Dan_SASR>BF2
+0|6740
I think, for me, personally, that having noob teammates run over or into watever mine u planted is extremely frustrating.. it NEEDED to be fixed. It gets to the stage where whenever u plant a mine , u werent thinking "Hmm, will an enemy tank notice this on the pathway... " it was more like "These FUCKING noob team mates better not run over my mines otherwise im gonna scream bloody murder, join that noobs squad and verbally abuse him"...

Yahoo for the mine fix, best change ever!!

PS No more c4 dolphin diving Bullshit, no more jet slaughtering, a good score now comes from teamwork and tactics not from jet whoring the carrier... HOORAY!!
The_Delphinius
+0|6647|Bristol, UK

HoHo wrote:

they're trying to weaken all the vehicle classes because vehicle whoring was becoming too easy.
Are you kidding me? You can't go NEAR an enemy flag in a tank without backup for fear of Anti-Tank.

I'm glad about no TD on claymores though, I haven't used them for ages cos of the noob mine-seekers who punish instantly.

Last edited by The_Delphinius (2006-02-15 05:31:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard