H1GH-(iT)-
+0|6685
i posted that i hated the patch before. The gameplay isn't bad. In a helo i still had 40 kills 2 deaths. You just have to take out aa before they get you. PLanes will be taking out helos easily and if you fly like a jackass then you'll get shotdown by tanks and jeeps.

My problem with the patch is that sound is screwed up as well as reload animations. I reload but it doesn't show it.
Metaltop
+1|6759|The Netherlands

Far wrote:

My only BIG complaint is they, somehow, fucked up the sound. (or maybe just mine)
Pre-1.2 I could always tell what direction opposing fire was coming from.
I can't count how many times tonight I was all of the sudden dead... never heard a damn thing.
And a few other times I know for a fact that the guy was right next to me yet I didn't hear him.
(yes 5.1 sound)
Anyone else have this new issue?
I am glad you say this,,, because I had the same problem.
I couldn't even hear the gunsound of a vodnik next to me.

My friend didn't had the problem so I thought it was just me.

This patch has more bugs than the previous patch had, and makes the game more unbalanced.
Don't EA/Dice TEST a patch before they release it?:

1: Red name bug
2: No enemy sound
3: Shoot the gunner out of a tank and it still shows +1
4: Red indicator of something 300m in the ground?

That's for the bugs,, 1 already excisted and 3 are new.

Are they coming up with new bugs too keep themself bussy and tell EA how hard they work?
And I don't have to start about the unbalance issue,, just read the previous posts and complaints of people.
Far
+22|6727|USA

Metaltop wrote:

Far wrote:

My only BIG complaint is they, somehow, fucked up the sound. (or maybe just mine)
Pre-1.2 I could always tell what direction opposing fire was coming from.
I can't count how many times tonight I was all of the sudden dead... never heard a damn thing.
And a few other times I know for a fact that the guy was right next to me yet I didn't hear him.
(yes 5.1 sound)
Anyone else have this new issue?
I am glad you say this,,, because I had the same problem.
I couldn't even hear the gunsound of a vodnik next to me.

My friend didn't had the problem so I thought it was just me.
Well, I'm glad that I'm not alone at least.
Tomdom_321.au
+1|6733|bendigo, Aus
i hate the damned patch because when i try and download it my transfer rate goes to a super slow 4.9 kbs and says i need 28 hrs to download it!
Far
+22|6727|USA
Hey Metaltop, looks like we've got company.
I found this on PlanetBF forums

Rummie wrote:

EA seems to have borked up the sounds, at least on my machine (SB X-Fi). You can not hear gun shots anymore when ground pounding. In fact I walked about 10 feet away from a guy shooting a PKM and didn't hear it even when I knifed him but I did see he was firing like a madman.
I don't have an X-Fi, I have an Audigy 2 ZS
Another poster replied with the same thing, he didn't mention his card but his settings are software rendering on high with EAX. I'm using hardware on medium with EAX.
Are you using EAX and is your buddy?
I'd hate to lose EAX but if it means being able to hear the enemy again I guess I'll have to.
Brickhaus
+0|6691|Monroe, MI

=SA=VaSSiLi wrote:

I mean, here.  Take the thing you like most about Battlefield 2.  Have you got it pictured in your head?  Now take it, and piss on it.
Dude, you're fvcking awesome. Hit the nail on the head.
Biggles10
+1|6670
Downloade the patch and had a few quick rounds, helos are getting pwnd and as some sre saying cant hear people shooting weapons that are stood close to me patch the game and intro new bugs beltin.
DU
+0|6652
I am jerking off, these whines are fantastic too read.  Hopefully most of you will stop playing ( instead of just saying your gonna stop) and I won't see you online, EVER.
I love the patch!!!
PAYBACK TIME JET WHORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brickhaus
+0|6691|Monroe, MI

DU wrote:

Too poor to afford a joystick and/or got no skills with the mouse and keyboard? I hope your family dies of poverty and/or cancer. <3
DU
+0|6652

CombatQuokka wrote:

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

well, this sucks

so this game will be full of stupid noobs who can throw a rock at an airplane or a chopper and it falls appart.

It was a perfectly balanced game. Most of u who bitched about helos and planes play on Kark only anyways, so why would u spoil the game for everyone else?
hahahaha.... ha ha ha ha ha.... hahahahahahahaha

Dropkick has scored 7000 kills in a plane, and 1800 out of one.  Dropkick has 1500 deaths in a plane, 4000 out of one.  You relied on planewhoring knowing that it was virtually impossible to shoot you down, and all so you could brag about your uber-733tness.

And now... basically, you suck.

hahahaha.... ha ha ha ha ha.... hahahahahahahaha... ha ha ha... hahahaha.... ha ha ha ha ha.... hahahahahahahaha

Quokka
LOVE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DU
+0|6652

Brickhaus wrote:

DU wrote:

Too poor to afford a joystick and/or got no skills with the mouse and keyboard? I hope your family dies of poverty and/or cancer. <3
Something tells me you like patch 1.12 better.

Ahaaa haaa haaaa haaaa haaaa jet whore tears are so sweet!
rawls
Banned
+11|6811|California, USA
PEOPLE CALM DOWN. The biggest noobs are those who complained about bunnies, dolphins, and tubes. Equally nooby are those who think all those fore mentioned wont adapt and pwn again.
Agwood69
+0|6760|West Coast

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

^^^fuck you and fuck ea
with 77 hours in a plane.. and 66.5 hours in helicopters.. and what looks like very little "ground Pounding" time.. YOU are exactly who this patch was made for.. heh..

think i'll add your name to my list so I can join in the servers you play.. and get some AA kills on you..

Have fun.. and welcome to the battlefield.. lol....
Pharian
+0|6643

uber73 wrote:

=SA=VaSSiLi wrote:

Basically, I hate this patch.  So much. Like, the hate is beyond words.  IMO, being able to jump and prone and fire really fast was such a big part of the game.
muhuahahahahahhahaahahahhaah, IMO, the patch must work then, cuz cockmasters like u are now hobbled!
suck it dude.
im with u uber....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA suck a fat one all you paktossing noob-nube lamers. youre gonna get so pwned now you skilless mofo's. bwahahahahahahaha. cant wait to get home and pwn some noobs who think they can game because they can rain paks at their feet.

bwahahahahahahahahahhaa. i hope you all cry that your lame tactics are now pooned. roflmao

although the new plethora of bugs doesnt fill me with joy

gg dice

Last edited by Pharian (2006-02-15 02:00:26)

[=TLC=]Space Rat
+0|6649|Berlin
It's always the same with patches - people start crying about changes. Hey, that's life - live with it, get used to it. After a few week's it's normal. You can't make everyone happy. No really sense in flaming Dice EA now for changes you don't like.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6727|Beerville, USA
Key Note: Don't fly unless you know where all AA pits are or ye shall be owned big time....

and yes the sound in game is now seriously jacked, can't hear any enemy fire when in vehicle..... just red half moon screaming "Hey Dumbass, someone is shooting at you"...
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6697|England, UK
LOL LOL LOL. OMG. I am a good heli pilot but this new patch has gone to far. It was ok to make the AA better as before it was a joke against jets. But improving the AA and reducing the heli's abilities, hit points, reduce TV range, 8 missiles has made the attack heli's too easy to shoot down. Its a two fold reduction against the heli's. Just improving the AA would have worked. Maybe even reducing the TV's range and going from 14 to 8 missiles. But the hit point alteration plus the AA improvement is too much. I will adapt but wtf. Just because a team has crap pilots and get owned from air doesn't mean the airpower should be reduced two fold as I've mentioned earlier. Early days yet and I will adapt. The only problem I had was the AA against the jets and a welcomed improvement has been given. EA must reconsider the rest of the air vehicle alterations. Rest of patch seems OK. Noob tubers will proberly now become AA whores.
balleklorin
+0|6715

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

LOL LOL LOL. OMG. I am a good heli pilot but this new patch has gone to far. It was ok to make the AA better as before it was a joke against jets. But improving the AA and reducing the heli's abilities, hit points, reduce TV range, 8 missiles has made the attack heli's too easy to shoot down. Its a two fold reduction against the heli's. Just improving the AA would have worked. Maybe even reducing the TV's range and going from 14 to 8 missiles. But the hit point alteration plus the AA improvement is too much. I will adapt but wtf. Just because a team has crap pilots and get owned from air doesn't mean the airpower should be reduced two fold as I've mentioned earlier. Early days yet and I will adapt. The only problem I had was the AA against the jets and a welcomed improvement has been given. EA must reconsider the rest of the air vehicle alterations. Rest of patch seems OK. Noob tubers will proberly now become AA whores.
I think it was good that they reduced both hitpoints on heli and improved AA, cause that made it possible to shot down helis from the ground. That was very hard with a skilled pilot before, he just ran away and repaired before he got shot down. Now heli-pilots and planes must be aware of AA missiles which is good. I dislike that they reduced the TV range and number of rockets in heli, they should have kept that so it still would have the same firepower, but the hitpoint reduction was great. Now it acts like a flying heli not like a flying tank.
therealcaptcrabman
+0|6664
the made the stinger relaistic because a hand held stinger can knock down a helo because helos are so weak and fradual. i think that there should onbly be 1 stinger in the whole map IMO. I havent got to try new sniper rifle i think the m24 is the most accurate i got someone 200m and both shots hit. Im a jet whore on wake ihope its nots gay no but i shot down a jet witrh AA wait tikl they shoot and come straight at you and pow hits everytime. P90 is on of the fast firig guns in world the n00b tube is fix *Ty EA * but i think the gernade wont explode point blank in real life and you ewould kill yourself if you did. New ranks are awesome i onlyt have been playing 240h but im at 28,615 points and  cant wait till Cpt . Do you get free unlocks when you download or do you have to rank up
therealcaptcrabman
+0|6664
LOL some n00b at wake called me a hack and said i had aimbot LOL check this guys stats hes the best pilot i seen bes mad good

http://bf2s.com/player/aircolony/

check his Kills to Deaths in jet and no he doesnt hack hes all skill porabbly the best bf2 pilot
grassykno11
+0|6643
everyone is cryin about not being abble to bunny hop,or  fly around dropping bombs with little chance of being hit.stop cryin. i say if you dont like the game anymore stop posting ,stop playin or buy your own server and dont use the new patch.then that way you can bunny hop and fly with eeezzzzz all you want.

and stop swearing.you just make yourself look even more stupid.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6697|England, UK

balleklorin wrote:

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

I think it was good that they reduced both hitpoints on heli and improved AA, cause that made it possible to shot down helis from the ground. That was very hard with a skilled pilot before, he just ran away and repaired before he got shot down. Now heli-pilots and planes must be aware of AA missiles which is good. I dislike that they reduced the TV range and number of rockets in heli, they should have kept that so it still would have the same firepower, but the hitpoint reduction was great. Now it acts like a flying heli not like a flying tank.
Attack heli's are flying tanks. AA improvement is more than welcomed. Hit point reduction aswell is too much. Its about balance.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
also the most annoying thing for me, is that they said the server search now works properly, well it doesnt even wrk at all now!
MaximumMayhem
+27|6647|Mashtuur Boulevard
The only issue i've picked up thus far is in the Battlefield HQ area.  If you go to your personal awards, the Ribbons are now non-clickable.
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6643|Berra - Aus
Im really pissed of at the amount of missiles in the choppers i mean seriously 8, if your a good piolt u would miss atleast 4 in your round then 4 to hit its pathetic.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard