Metallica-66
+0|6685|USA

{KAOS}DesertWraith wrote:

This rocks, the game has now been given new elements, don't bitch, cry, whine , piss, and moan about it, adapt and overcome.  So no one likes the new AA, well wah, do something about it, if you get a team AA-Whoring, {who'd have thunk it}  then post snipers on the stingers, and get some armour to the mobiles.  You don't like the accuracy of the snipers, then have command scan and get some armour there to take em out. Besides, my lord its a fricken M95, the guys should be able to put a hole in ya from a mile.  The support guns can accually kill something before being shot to shit, well good, I mean christ its a belt fed?canisterfed, machine gun, he should be able to spray the surface area of a home and stop anything moving in that square footage.  I mean thin about all the positive aspects this can bring.  You will only become more rounded of a player, or you were too one sided, self centered, stat padding, point raping to begin with to help your team achieve its goals.  Most complaints are from jet and choppers whores, Of which I do if I can but if not I am glad to step into some other roles.  But as for those of you that won't then by christ you will have to learn.  Before strafing that post or base you may want to get on your coms and find out if someone took that AA site out.  I mean not to be a giant dickhead , as I am sure many will flame me as, but to chuck it all, piss and moan, switch to another game, just proves that EA and Dice fuck you in ass "DRY" cause they just got a chunk of your cash, for a few months of stroking your narcissitic ego:  and will gladly do again only this time fcukin you in the ass with a chainsaw, by producing a new game that is OH OH OH so much better , but you will be right back here within a month ripping again about how its sucks, but they just got your 100 bucks again.   So do what all of those of us who have played a balanced game and done what we could for our team to win.  Suck it up, find the weaknesses, exploit your strengths.  They're are ways around everyting , you will just have to cooperate.
Well spoken. Well-thought out. A good reasonable response. Thank you for that bit of sanity. We get too much whining around here as it is.
knives
+0|6683
omg wtf are you doing on this THREAD? THIS IS A COMPLAIN THREAD! Read the thread title....god what is wrong with you morons?
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6807
I don't see why so many people fucking assume that there are two categories of players.  Air-Whore, and Infantry or "team players"

I have played about 350  hours.  I have under 100 in the air.  I have around 200 just using infantry weapons.  Well, I had the most "FUN" (this is a game right?) flying the helicopter and plane, so fucking sue me.?  I didn't TK for it, and I tried to help out my team as best I could.  So now, about 1/4 of the game, has become shit for me.   

I mean, here.  Take the thing you like most about Battlefield 2.  Have you got it pictured in your head?  Now take it, and piss on it.

"Oh no, we're removing the commander from the game"
"We've decided to remove the sniper class from the game"
"Oops, Tanks can be killed by PKMS?"

Seriously, just imagine how pissed you'd be.

And for those of you who quoted my post and called me a chopper whore or a bunny hopper, why dont you go to the praise 1.2 thread, instead of the complaint thread, geniuses.

One more thing to complain about.  Im tired of people comparing this game to real life.  I have a newsflash for you.  IT ISNT REAL LIFE!  Oh no, you have 42.6 Kg of gear on, you certainly cant JUMP AND SHOOT!

kd0qkd0-asdadlsadlsakd09dksdl;sad
MrBrain
+24|6727|Finland

LimeGreen wrote:

I like any patch that makes the game more realistic, and more competitive.

If you are not happy about the helicopter situation, become a better pilot/ strategist.

If you are not happy about the mine situation, become a better armour driver/ strategist.

If you are not happy about no longer being able to be a dick and hop/dive all over the place, become a better soldier or ask EA to institute a prone-roll feature in the next patch.

Bottom line: quit all the bitchin', suck it up, and become a BETTER soldier/player.
So the un-destroyable mines/claymores are more realistic? Are they more realistic also when they don't kill team mates anymore? What kind of a noob are you?!
knives
+0|6683
here here!
frankie4fingers08-2
+0|6790
I am sure people have said it, but the Red/Blue name issue is STILL there.....   I just got a TK for it .....and EVERYONE is sitting in the AA guns now.    Easy pickings for us Commanders ....

Frankie
{KAOS}DesertWraith
+14|6683
Hey man, believe me it pisses me right off too , that even still, there are too may aspects that have been changed, or not changed that we as players would like to see.  It does suck, I mean we'd all love to have it our own way.  I don't fault any of you for playing the style you want to play or the equipment or vehicle you want to play.  The release is just fresh and it will take some time to over come, but once peolpe start placing snipers on the AA sites and artying the mobiles, the air rapes can continue.  I love it as much as any other part of the game.  The shear thought of knowing that that guy on the other side is getting just as pissed off at me , when I frag him, as I get when he returns the favour .   OH and KNIVES  I saw your post and I'll be honest it was just a mistake to post in this thread , my intention was not to piss you off personally as I don't know you and perhaps your a decent guy, who really cares , as you are probably saying to me right now.  I really didn't think this was the thread I posted in , but now that I have, so be it.... I realize you hate the new changes but you will see, there are ways to overcome what they have changed, I'm quite sure that they tried to give us things to deal with it, and if they didn't then flame on man.  How you feel about me in the evening is not going to make me sleep any worse at night, as I am quite sure my opinion means shit to you anyway.......but like our granpappies have said opinions are like assholes we all have them, and they are mostly filled with shit.
MooseRyder
+37|6691|Montréal, Canada
hahahah i compare AAs to a kid toy now.

After installing the new patch and read the forums about the overpowered AAs, i tried Wake Island. sat in the AA, and shot down the 2 USMC choppers so easily. i was laughing so bad, then a jet was flying straight in front of me shooting at me and shot him twice like nothing.

I think honestly they might had overpowered it a little bit too much. But i think before it was a joke, u werent abble to hit shit with it, I think they should drop the power just a little bit lower.

But is it me or the average distance for the AA to lock on a target got shortered??????
Reason
+0|6686|Virginia Beach, VA
I am at work (deployed for a week) so I didnt have time to wade through the 10 pages of stuff. So i appologize in advance if theses topics have been covered. But these are some of the reasons I dont like the patch.

Dolphin Diving is no longer possible.

1. I dont dolphin dive, but i do jump and go prone over walls/sandbags to evade tank/apc/enemy fire.
2. I didnt mind people doin it either, I aim at the head(something I learned from other FPSs), so if they jumped i still hit them in the legs
3. This has been around since BF1942 so why change it now. This is a reacurring comment so I am going to just say it once.

Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time

1.I dont "bunny hop". But I jump over obstacles that enemys are hiding be hind and shoot them as i jump over them.  Or jump off of crates over walls or between buildings.
2. Great now I cant throw "C4 Chuck" over walls

Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced

1. Didn't need to be done.  .50cals and mounted MG's worked. Why not increase the damage APC/tank rounds do to them.
2. All they had to really do was up the AA abilities, which they did. Guess I have to get better at flying.

What about reducing times for some of the medals/badges?

SF Badges 4500h, thats like 180+days. I have a life and a wife.
250-500h for some of the BF2.
And all the badges need  to get General or what ever it is that is fucking psychotic.

There are some good points to the patch too. Like reload while sprinting. This will not stop me from playing BF2 but If EA continues to pull things out of the game that have been there since the begining (BF42). Patches are supposed to fix game errors/glitches not to correct things that people whining about becase the dont know how to counter-act or defeat them. It EA continues this trend of removeing things from the game they could possibly ruin a good franchise they have going.

My .02

Steve

Flame away,
SovietPanda
+0|6683
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but my only real complaint so far is going from crouching to prone, and prone to crouching. I used to be pretty good at popping up behind sandbag walls and such and firing off a few quick bursts. Even if going to prone is a little slower, I can still do it. Only problem is, now I can't go between only prone and crouched. It used to work so that I could hold control, and press z to switch between the two, but now it makes you stand up directly from prone. Which is lame.

Anyway... its nice that bunny hopping no longer reaps rewards... but it just feels that movement in the game is I don't know... just somehow off. It would've been better if they drastically decreased accuracy as you were jumping.
CombatQuokka
+0|6761

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

well, this sucks

so this game will be full of stupid noobs who can throw a rock at an airplane or a chopper and it falls appart.

It was a perfectly balanced game. Most of u who bitched about helos and planes play on Kark only anyways, so why would u spoil the game for everyone else?
hahahaha.... ha ha ha ha ha.... hahahahahahahaha

Dropkick has scored 7000 kills in a plane, and 1800 out of one.  Dropkick has 1500 deaths in a plane, 4000 out of one.  You relied on planewhoring knowing that it was virtually impossible to shoot you down, and all so you could brag about your uber-733tness.

And now... basically, you suck.

hahahaha.... ha ha ha ha ha.... hahahahahahahaha... ha ha ha... hahahaha.... ha ha ha ha ha.... hahahahahahahaha

Quokka
CombatQuokka
+0|6761

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

1sfg-ronln wrote:

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA
listen to this reject of the day....  what a fuckin toolbag we got here....
if everyone compares their stats... HAWK has spent 35% of his time in a bird...  his favorite map is karkand....
While this toolbag has spent 44% of his time in armor whoring....  so ask yourself this... who can talk....
you making fun of someone for having more medals than you?
I would waste my time trying to make fun of you more, but its jsut too easy...  and im too busy laughing my ass off...
SO EVERYONE... YOU WANT A GOOD LAUGH>>> COMPARE THOSE 2 STATS.....
HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA.... oh man... that hurt... my stomach hurts now
( i am a combat sniper.... who happens to drive a tank around about half the time..... hahahah... your a fucking retard.... take a straight blade to your wrist...)
Good gawd.  The more you talk, the more you expose yourself as the idiot you are.  Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but you are the asshat that started mentioning stats over some lame notion that you are actually good at the game so therefor it justifies that airpower shouldn't be nerfed.  My response was to your slam that somehow I am a...what was it?  "lazy sniper prick" because I have spent 60 out of 300 hours as a sniper?  I am an Engineer for 136 hrs with 96 hours of Armor.  Unlike you, I don't jump in vehicles with different kits just so I can pimp my stats and then cry like a bitch when DICE nerfs my favorite PAD-MOBILE.

If you think I was making fun of you, you are mistaken...why should I get in the way when are doing such a stellar job of making yourself look like a fool.  I was simply pointing out that:

1)  You have no life outside of BF2
2)  You spend the majority of your game time in a jet so you can pimp your stats
3)  I am the last person you should be saying can't play on the ground given your pathetic performance
4)  You have no concept of game balance...and this IS a game.
5)  ...did I mention you have no life outside of BF2?
6)  ...well...if I didn't, then let me mention it now.  You have no life outside of BF2.

- Beatdown
You got ownt 1sfg-ronln

Quokka
Drenai
+0|6689
I'm just sad about the sniper rifles...everyone is using them. Seems like a bunch of idiots from CoD or CoD2. Before it took some skill to use them now its as simple as ever....ugh....
CombatQuokka
+0|6761

1sfg-ronln wrote:

I just dont see how anyone can come in here and say that they have evened things out....  tell me how sitting in a stationary AA gun is remotely even close to as hard to master as a helo or jet...   Im sorry, but before the patch, their were quite a few kids out there that for some reason knew exactly when to fire the AA... they were good, reall good... Now it only takes 1 second for a lock.... not 3.... and they are garunteed to hit.... wheres the fun or skill in that...
The skill, which you obviously lack, is in AVOIDING the AA.

hahahahahahahaha... suck it!!!!! hahahahaha.
knives
+0|6683

{KAOS}DesertWraith wrote:

Hey man, believe me it pisses me right off too , that even still, there are too may aspects that have been changed, or not changed that we as players would like to see.  It does suck, I mean we'd all love to have it our own way.  I don't fault any of you for playing the style you want to play or the equipment or vehicle you want to play.  The release is just fresh and it will take some time to over come, but once peolpe start placing snipers on the AA sites and artying the mobiles, the air rapes can continue.  I love it as much as any other part of the game.  The shear thought of knowing that that guy on the other side is getting just as pissed off at me , when I frag him, as I get when he returns the favour .   OH and KNIVES  I saw your post and I'll be honest it was just a mistake to post in this thread , my intention was not to piss you off personally as I don't know you and perhaps your a decent guy, who really cares , as you are probably saying to me right now.  I really didn't think this was the thread I posted in , but now that I have, so be it.... I realize you hate the new changes but you will see, there are ways to overcome what they have changed, I'm quite sure that they tried to give us things to deal with it, and if they didn't then flame on man.  How you feel about me in the evening is not going to make me sleep any worse at night, as I am quite sure my opinion means shit to you anyway.......but like our granpappies have said opinions are like assholes we all have them, and they are mostly filled with shit.
Know what man? That goes to show your mentality and the fact that you had to defend your position to make your self feel better about trying to prove your point and what you did. Really though it maybe pathetic in its attempt, I do say this, good job pimpin'! Have fun noobing people with the pkm.
CombatQuokka
+0|6761

GotMex? wrote:

Disclaimer: These figures are approximate and dollar values are calculated from my base 15.94 cph. My total playtime is 313 hrs + 50 forum hours?

Money played getting carrier raped by plane whores: 75 hours = $11.96
Money spent on AA fruitlessly trying to down a plane: 4 hours  = $0.63
Money spent bitching on the forums about 1337 plane whores: 10 hours = $1.59
Emotional damages and elevated stress recovery fees: $100,000 dollars

Hearing all the former plane whores moan and bitch about having to play like the rest of us normal players:
PRICELESS
I swear to god I haven't had this much fun reading forums in months.  Thanks guys... you've really made my day.

I shot down four jets today... and I reckon in the total time I've played BF2 I might have shot down 10, and not for lack of trying.  I am taking so so so so so much delight in the squeals of the C4 chuckers, dolphin-divers, jet and chopper whores.

ha... I can't stop laughin.

Quokka
knives
+0|6683

CombatQuokka wrote:

1sfg-ronln wrote:

I just dont see how anyone can come in here and say that they have evened things out....  tell me how sitting in a stationary AA gun is remotely even close to as hard to master as a helo or jet...   Im sorry, but before the patch, their were quite a few kids out there that for some reason knew exactly when to fire the AA... they were good, reall good... Now it only takes 1 second for a lock.... not 3.... and they are garunteed to hit.... wheres the fun or skill in that...

You really are a drunk bumbling id10t that serves no purpose here but to prove that you my friend have no life. Comeon man 500 hours since june was it? thats gotta be like...4 hours a day....every day....for half of a year....and you say that no one else has a life...come off your chump mate. Look at yourself before you start casting stones...cause you live in a glass house...and it sounds like you gotta glass jaw...so you should watch your mouth....with all that hAHAHAHA faggot BS....come off your chump rere fag.
knives
+0|6683
wait scratch that last one...you've been playing since sept the 15...and quick math tells me 150 days...so thats 3 hours at least per day...and who has no life...
Jack Klompus
+1|6683|Madison, WI
All I have to say is that EA really screwed up.  I believe that the game will lose a lot of players within the next couple of weeks because of this new patch.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6690|Westminster, Colorado
A few observations after a night on the new patch:

1) Print Screen does not Work
2) PKM now OWNS everyone, and I mean from any distance
3) Medics seem to die in one shot from any gun (yes I realize they have less armor, but I was dying constantly from anything)
4) I wish I could swing a knife in the air.  Personally I can jump and use a knife.  It'd be harder to shoot a gun obviously, but use a knife?  I just wish I could jump and knife those snipers off their ladders.
5) Transport choppers can drop 2-3 flares a sec.  I guess that's one way to kinda offset the more potent AA, but kinda dumb IMO.
CombatQuokka
+0|6761

knives wrote:

CombatQuokka wrote:

1sfg-ronln wrote:

You really are a drunk bumbling id10t that serves no purpose here but to prove that you my friend have no life. Comeon man 500 hours since june was it? thats gotta be like...4 hours a day....every day....for half of a year....and you say that no one else has a life...come off your chump mate. Look at yourself before you start casting stones...cause you live in a glass house...and it sounds like you gotta glass jaw...so you should watch your mouth....with all that hAHAHAHA faggot BS....come off your chump rere fag.
hahaha... there's a reason I get so much time on my hands dude, and it aint bein a fag.   It's called marriage, even though that word's probably incomprehenisible to a spotty pencildick virgin.  I've found, without exception, that people who use the sexuality of others as an insult are either virgins, homophobes, or both.  And you know why people are homophobes dontcha?  It's cuz ya know you're gonna LIKE it!

boo hoo hoo... poor widdle boy lost his toy planes...

hahahaha...

Quokka

PS  feel free to show the comparison of your uber-leetness.  Sorry... didn't want to interrupt you while you were playing with yourself.

PPS.  Oh... and spend more time at school little boy, cuz you can't divide, you can't read, and you don't know how to use punctuation.

Last edited by CombatQuokka (2006-02-15 00:04:21)

Drenai
+0|6689
Your married? wow....
BVC
+325|6731
Okay, so I installed the patch, played, all good.  Then I reboot and get all these lsass.exe errors.  I'm thinking WTF?  reinstall??  I check a bunch of shit, zap BF2 and get ready to reinstall.  Its at this point I decide "hmm I have no milk for my coffee" and go to the supermarket to get some.  When I come back, my flatmate tells me he picked up sasser at a LAN on the weekend. 

Needless to say, I'm now all SP-ed up, updated etc

Sorry for bitching, EA!!!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6683
Things that are good IMO:
-Bunny hoppers can suck a fat one. That took way too little skill before.
-Noob tubers can suck a fat one. That also took way too little skill before.
-Base raping jet pussies can now be shot down. I hate showing up late to a map to just have jets fly-by killing things that have yet to take off.
-Support guns no longer suck. I hated them because of their terrible accuracy. I mean if you go prone they shouldn't be hard to shoot. Now, they are accualy good for implimenting strategy.
-Jets can now kill each other with their missles. It was so annoying and teadious to combat air to air before. Really annoying when it takes you 5 minutes of being behind a guy to finally wound him.

Things that suck IMO:
-Choppers choppers choppers!! Why are they so weak now? It took me so long to get the skill to be great at them. Now jets chew through you like butter and heating seeking missles are godly. Even half the time when I use flares I still get smoked. I'll admit the old system sucked too as it was near impossible the hit a good pilot but now any smoe can hit you without any skill. We went from two extremes and both were dumb. Find a balance EA.
-Jets also get killed a little too easily. I know I said I liked killing them in spawn but all these skilled pilots are being taken down by people with no skill. They need to find a balance.
-Ground to air missles in general. They went from sucky to godly in a day. Find a balance or make it so it at least requires skill to use them.

On a side note, as far as I can tell, dolphin diving is still here. I've jumped and dived plenty. I love reviving people that way. It's just fun. My question is wasn't EA going to eliminate this?
Far
+22|6767|USA
My only BIG complaint is they, somehow, fucked up the sound. (or maybe just mine)
Pre-1.2 I could always tell what direction opposing fire was coming from.
I can't count how many times tonight I was all of the sudden dead... never heard a damn thing.
And a few other times I know for a fact that the guy was right next to me yet I didn't hear him.
(yes 5.1 sound)
Anyone else have this new issue?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard