aimless
+166|6143|Texas

Kmarion wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

didn't some scientist say by 2050 there will be not enough food to sustain a population rising at its current rate? Shiver me timbers, i think we need another planet to settle.
A case for cloning.

jsnipy wrote:

ATG wrote:

December 21, 2012

google it.

We You are all going to die.
The Maya civilization ended in 1546.
The Sun's magnetic poles flips every 11 years.

The world will end for all of us (Humans). We just don't know when or how. Our ego's make us complacent. Our time here is barely noticeable when placed into context. The Universe is expanding, it is in a constant state of change. Even if we avoid accelerating our demise.. it's still a one way ticket. Make the most of it while you are here.

That's an awesome vid! I've never actually seen a comparison like that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

I honestly don't think the human race will ever end, unless some unforseen phenomena wipes out Earth in the next 1000 years. Even a nuke war wouldn't wipe out all humans...some would survive.

In 5000 years, we'll be traveling to other solar systems. There'll be over 200 billion humans. Humans will be so farly dispersed throughout the universe that it'd be impossible to destroy the entire race, unless like I said, some unforseen phenomena (gamma rays, universe collapsing, humans become infertile, etc) happens.
Not likely. Pay attention to the end of the first clip.
http://www.spike.com/video/2818557/show/17676

http://www.spike.com/video/2818556/show/17676
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I honestly don't think the human race will ever end, unless some unforseen phenomena wipes out Earth in the next 1000 years. Even a nuke war wouldn't wipe out all humans...some would survive.

In 5000 years, we'll be traveling to other solar systems. There'll be over 200 billion humans. Humans will be so farly dispersed throughout the universe that it'd be impossible to destroy the entire race, unless like I said, some unforseen phenomena (gamma rays, universe collapsing, humans become infertile, etc) happens.
Not likely. Pay attention to the end of the first clip.
http://www.spike.com/video/2818557/show/17676

http://www.spike.com/video/2818556/show/17676
Great clips. But like I said, in 5000 years, we could even be traveling to other UNIVERSES (should there be any). Look how far we've come in 5000 years.

By the way, in the second clip, he mentions long island having a particle accelerator...it's at Brookhaven National Labratory (my town), and I've seen it before. It's MILES AND MILES LONG. Here's a pic:

https://www.bnl.gov/nufo/images/facilities/RHIC_Inside_lg.jpg

If you (or anyone) is ever on Long Island, go to Brookhaven lab. Even if you're not a science junkie, the stuff you learn there is amazing.
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6385|Cali
Nostradamus.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Other universes... huh?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6173|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Depends on your definition of "When the world ends"

It can either be defined as when all mankind gets wiped out, then I think about a thounsand or so years.

Or it can be defined as when the Earth itself gets destroyed, then I guestimate about 200-300 Thousand years.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Other universes... huh?
What, you're ruling out alternate/other/parallel universes?

I definitely believe there could be some. I think it was Animal House (or one of the National Lampoon movies...) in which one of the frat guys stated something around the lines of "Just on your thumb could hold millions and millions of universes with intellectual life just like ours...and we'll never know it."

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-02-01 23:51:21)

<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6337|Canadia
i predict a 20% chance of sombody having fun times with nukes 30% of some catastrophic disaster (asteroid/sun exploding) 25% humanity surviving till the end of time 25% humanity surviving for the next 1-100 billion years
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

<SharpShot> wrote:

i predict a 20% chance of sombody having fun times with nukes 30% of some catastrophic disaster (asteroid/sun exploding) 25% humanity surviving till the end of time 25% humanity surviving for the next 1-100 billion years
Well, in 5 billion years, the Sun going to go into a Supernova whether we like it or not.

Question is - will we be alive for it, and will we be far enough from it to survive it?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Other universes... huh?
What, you're ruling out alternate/other/parallel universes?

I definitely believe there could be some. I think it was Animal House (or one of the National Lampoon movies...) in which one of the frat guys stated something around the lines of "Just on your thumb could hold millions and millions of universes with intellectual life just like ours...and we'll never know it."
I never rule out the unknown. I said not likely in my first reply. If you want to start making assumptions with space time (which is not linear) then not only will our world never end.. it never began . The idea of a parallel/alternate universe is hypothetical. The idea that our universe is expanding is a fact. Whether it continues to expand into nothingness (the first clip) or whether we collide back to the big bang depends on the battle between gravity and expansion. It wasn't until recently that we discovered that there are two galaxies colliding with the milkyway right now .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
psH
Banned
+217|6401|Sydney
large hadron collider
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6529|Gold Coast

<SharpShot> wrote:

I think we'll evolve into superhumans with intense brain powers which are able to manipulate gravity etc before we survive 1-100 billion years. And the fact that the sun is exploding, and meteors becoming crashed into us isnt helping, either.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard