Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6269|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Just watched Derren Brown: The System on Channel 4.

In case you didn't, he basically convinced random people to bet on random horses in races, each time picking the people who won, and asking them to bet on another, and then taking the peopl who won again.
Eventually he had just one woman who had won 5 races in a row, thinking that she was alone and was betting on a perfect system (While around 7,000 other people had actually failed on the system!!)
So she bet £4,000 of her own money on the final horse, which he admitted he had no way of knowing if it would win.

The short story is; it did win, and she went home with £13,000

The question is:

"How the DonFuck does Derren know which horse would win that final race?"

That guy's a genius, I swear he can explode stuff with his mind!
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6722|Scotland
that guy is amazing.

I wouldn't want to be him, constantly thinking... not to say socially closed off.

he's awsm tho
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6577|London
Yeah he's done some crazy stuff.

There's one where he loses the bet on a racing hound but then tells the person at the desk to pay out... and they did o.O
Ninja_Kid2002
I had a system for winning Roulette.

I won $93 using it, then I discovered that it's a recognised system (or combination of recognised systems) and it doesn't actually work!

And then I won another $35 using it.

Now i'm just scared!
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6657|Cambridge, England
The winning horse on the final race was joined favorite so odds wernt too bad.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6743|OctoLand
I went to one of his shows in london with my sister...it was fucking insane...just mind boggling...completely real.
I know fucking karate
Horse
+14|6558
It was the probably the favourite in a 4 horse race.

I reckon he had 3 other tickets in his pocket though thats why he went up and placed the bet
Ninja_Kid2002

Horse wrote:

It was the probably the favourite in a 4 horse race.

I reckon he had 3 other tickets in his pocket though thats why he went up and placed the bet
Well I thought that, but he gave her the ticket after he placed the bet, and she held it the whole time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard