Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6655
so I bought crysis the other day for a reasonable price. downside of the price: had to buy it at a local shop, hence it's the German version. However I was hoping for a multi-language version and I got one: German, Turkish, Russian.
Aside from the fact that I don't speak 2 of 3 languages included in the pack, the German dialogues (not to mention the nanosuite) sound kinda... wrong.

To cut a long story short: Is there a way to change the language from German to English (not only the suite but everything) that does not involve me buying an English copy or downloading the whole game in English (which - of course - would be illegal anyway)?

Thanks in advance
psH
Banned
+217|6391|Sydney
maybe there is a mod/patch, or edit it yourself, im sure the text subtitles wouldn't be that hard?
Eboreus
+46|6655
I dont have any english language files atm for the game (and cant locate any on the dvd) - so I can hardly edit it by myself (and I dont want subtitles anyway)

If there is a mod/patch then I didnt find it, thats why I'm asking.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5993|Aus, Qld
Probably depends on what version you bought, (eg. Asia Pacific version), but im sure that if you illegally downloaded it, then used your cd key it would come out English right? BTW Would it be piracy if you used your cd key on it?

Last edited by bakinacake (2008-02-01 12:04:02)

https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Eboreus
+46|6655
in germany the act of downloading copyrighted software is already illegal. i guess they dont care about the fact that the original version is lying right next to me >>
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5993|Aus, Qld

Eboreus wrote:

in germany the act of downloading copyrighted software is already illegal. i guess they dont care about the fact that the original version is lying right next to me >>
Ahh i see, well try getting a U.S version off Ebay, might fix it.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Eboreus
+46|6655
maybe I'm a lucky bastard and can find anyone with a us version around me - ebay prices are superinsane, might buy one then
but thanks anyway

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard