InnerMonkey
+62|6753
Sledneck,

If I get in a squad like that, I change squads. Sometimes, I even have to change servers, but it's not a big deal.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6729|Howell, Mi USA

the_outsider38 wrote:

The AA was fine before, if you were skilled with it it was easy to take down jets/choppers, the new aa is a horrible unbalance.
AA was ok b4? AA didn't do shit b4. even and expert AA launches a missle and it follows the jet for about a second and then flies the opposite way. Yes it was a little easier to shoot down choppers but if u miss your fucked.

i can't wait to start shooting down jets. id like to be a part of u losing your precious 20,000 - 1 k/d ratio

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-14 17:55:46)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
pogled
+0|6812|Europe
As an ignorant savage I would suggest employing tactics if you are not into teamwork. Use the Cobras TV missiles (why the curbed their range is unclear to me) to take out the AA so your bombers can fly in and bomb the shit out of th enemy (as they used to). Seen it today from both sides (AH gunner and AA soldier), Cobras clear the way, F-15 carpet bomb the armoured columns. Only thing that changed is that the AA aren't sitting ducks any more.

As on we won't support you grunts any more: AT missiles now do better damage (as it appears) - we don't depend anymore on your gracious help, we appreciate it but we are now freed of depending on it.

Last edited by pogled (2006-02-14 17:57:43)

ilyandor
+31|6723|Phoenix, AZ
LOL!!! i just spent 1 hour in a linebacker and killed about 22 (unsuspecting) chopper whores...feels sooo gooood.....NO MORE WHORING PLANES OR CHOPPERS, BITCHES! THE worst (linebacker) BECAME the BEST weapon!!!!

p.s. mmm.. i love you dice.
p.p.s. mmmm...keep licking my balls, EA.....mmm......
jjrp02
+18|6681|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
I managed to get out of quite a few locks.....

just try several different approach directions and find out where you can possibly knock off several stat. AA's in a single run... like the N. and S. approaches on Wake

so if I can survive for on avg. 5-6 minutes in a jet (on a 64 player map) anybody who is really good in a jet should be just fine...they'll just die a bit more
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6729|Howell, Mi USA

ilyandor wrote:

LOL!!! i just spent 1 hour in a linebacker and killed about 22 (unsuspecting) chopper whores...feels sooo gooood.....NO MORE WHORING PLANES OR CHOPPERS, BITCHES! THE worst (linebacker) BECAME the BEST weapon!!!!

p.s. mmm.. i love you dice.
p.p.s. mmmm...keep licking my balls, EA.....mmm......
Hahahahaha
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
[pib]xenium
+0|6685|Netherlands
this is really funny al those kiddies comming out crying cause they got shot down by aa
guess we wont see people camping for  https://pib1942.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/Tomcat.gif no more finally
Chowley
+1|6720|Ireland
Ye really are fucking tards. Acting like ten year olds gloating as most of ye cant fly planes and cant deal with choppers get owned now ye come to gloat about it. Unreal.
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6705
ea= fags
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

l..Ph03niX..l wrote:

I really wish this thread would die.
I really wish you would die. Was this fucking comment necessary?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

I'm just.. Appalled at the pure stupidity of some people. Cbass for close to 150 fucking hours spent in kubra you never learnt to use AA?

Its NOT the improved AA that I'm complaining. Giving the AA more tooth IS fair enough, I concede that. But making them fucking killing machines? The last time i checked AT/Tow rounds HAD to be guided to hit the threads to make them effective. Not just point and click wildly = Kill.

That's EXACTLY how insane it is now.

And for ALL you fucktards that INSIST on going 'HAHA YOU'RE DEAD PLANEWHORE I'M HERE TO FUCK YOU'. All I have to say is go fuck yourself. That is NOT the issue at hand. THe issue here is: IF THE MISSILES WERE AS PRECISE AS THEY ARE NOW AFTER SOME LOCK TIME, FINE But now, 0.5 second of lock is more than necessary to take down ANYTHING in the air.

Its fucking whiners like you kids who refuse to learn how to fly that ruin the game.
Metallica-66
+0|6683|USA
It's a game for crying out loud. It's done for balance purposes. In real life, a fighter won't be dropping 300 bombs in half an hour. Each mission would take several hours. And the fighter would drop a few bombs. Likewise, each chopper would carry realistic loads and not hover over a base for reloads and fire 3283 missiles!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Stfu about IRL already. I'd like to see you buy a new copy of BF2 everytime you get killed ingame. Because you got KILLED. Wtf.

Its a game, sure, but balance it, make it fun for EVERYONE.
Zefar
+116|6684|Sweden
Hey plane whores, welcome to our life before.
Not being able to take down any kind of jet coming againts you with an AA is just plain wrong. My missle have missed 90% of the time againts planes but choppers goes down now and then if they are still and don't let go of the flares.

Thank you EA, it's about time we got a good weapon againts air.
ComradeWho
+50|6729|Southern California
lol
i really didn't think there was an imbalance with choppers
they only own newbies who don't leave spawn zones and vehicles, which they should easily own. they're also weren't hard to shoot down or atleast chase off with AA, and with other weapondry or jets choppers weren't that hot. i notice most peoples numbers in chopper are mostly equal or worse to their armor numbers, which seems about right.

so it's a shame that to try and make the planes less powerful they effected the chopper, but the gameplay will adapt. it's just a shame that the gameplay of the players never adapted in the first place when the planes were owning em. oh well, another game is slowly becoming baby-fied for idiots.

it's funny how seriously everyone takes this issue. AA is still gonna be easy targets for planes. give this a week and a half, you'll just see the good pilots scanning the AA turrets looking for easy kills to a higher degree than ever and getting them - the only difference being that those AA turrets are now kills that are as easy as they are necessary for a pilot to obtain.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Zefar wrote:

Not being able to take down any kind of jet coming againts you with an AA is just plain wrong. My missle have missed 90% of the time againts planes but choppers goes down now and then if they are still and don't let go of the flares.

How fucking ironic that this has to be the EXACT post after mine. You're fucking out of point.
Metallica-66
+0|6683|USA
WOO HOO Polar-retard! Down in flames you go!
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6686
Well boys and girls, looks like AA is actually useful now. Heatseeking missles will be now,,,heat seeking missles. I know for a fact that AA in that game before the patch isnt as useless as it is in real life. They are making it more realistic. Like someone said about getting near american air craft carriers, uh uh, not happening.

Oh yea, it is very entertaining to see the pilots coming out of the woodwork crying.

GG's
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

I rest my case. Off to physiotheraphy now.

Hmmm for that matter. Just racked up 26-2, 56 points on Dragon Valley. w00t. Looks like you fucking whiners will have to keep whining since EVEN with the improved AA you can't shoot me and my mate down.

TV missiles being that short is really galling though.

Go fuck yourself Metallica
Zefar
+116|6684|Sweden

polarbearz wrote:

Zefar wrote:

How fucking ironic that this has to be the EXACT post after mine. You're fucking out of point.
Not really, because before Anti air tanks couldn't take down a good pilot. AA turrets where useless. Tanks rarely hit the plane with it shots if it tried. The only thing that would be close to killing it was a chopper with TV missle and the machine gun at carrier, well that's if the plane was close.

So they where gods in the battlefield, didn't matter how many missle you wasted on them, one flare or just a turn would easily shake them off.

They have only even things out so that they can be killed as easily as other things in the map.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Glad to see all the karkand whores come out of the woodwork gloating because they're too fucking lousy and retarded to learn how to do anything besides toob and armor wh0re. Good on you guys.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Zefar wrote:

Not really, because before Anti air tanks couldn't take down a good pilot. AA turrets where useless. Tanks rarely hit the plane with it shots if it tried. The only thing that would be close to killing it was a chopper with TV missle and the machine gun at carrier, well that's if the plane was close.

So they where gods in the battlefield, didn't matter how many missle you wasted on them, one flare or just a turn would easily shake them off.

They have only even things out so that they can be killed as easily as other things in the map.
Ok. Once again you're missing my fucking point. I've counted this is the SIXTH time i've repeated myself.

AA is GOOD that its IMPROVED. I'm GLAD. I'm not UNHAPPY, I'm not BITCHING. But there's a tiny problem. Its too crazy. If the AA required 2 seconds of solid lock for the missiles to be precise, the pilot COULD choose to abort the run and peel off. That's FAIR. That's BALANCED.

What is going on now, is that AA requires less than 0.5 seconds of lock. Hop in, double click, 4 points. How fucking retarded and skill-less is THAT? A fucking trained MONKEY could do that. It really limits aerial warfare. I've yet to dogfight, but from the last TEN HOURS i've spent on BF nonstop, 5 on SP trying out the jets and 5 on MP actually playing, me and my mates have NO PROBLEMS taking down AA installations.

Even though TV missiles are shorter, AA stronger blah blah, I still fucked the opponent 26-2 with about 56 points on Dragon Valley. *shrug* sure, its 2 deaths more than I usually get, but i don't see a problem whatsoever. Its just OVERPOWERED. But I'm not suffering, but I'm discussing for the sake of balancing a game I love.
ComradeWho
+50|6729|Southern California

Zefar wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Zefar wrote:

they weren't gods dude, but if they were half competetent they could only be taken down by other pilots. anybody whose flown a bomber knows that alls it takes is a fighter on your tail sometimes that you can't shake to have to stop bombing for a minute or two.

anyways just a bit of friendly advice - if you don't want to look like a total lamer don't factor in the fact that "tanks rarely hit the plane with it shots if it tried" because it makes you look like you think tanks should be able to compete against planes, and that is what lamers think.
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au

ComradeWho wrote:

oh well, another game is slowly becoming baby-fied for idiots.
that pretty much sums alot of the changes up
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6797

polarbearz wrote:

AA is GOOD that its IMPROVED. I'm GLAD. I'm not UNHAPPY, I'm not BITCHING. But there's a tiny problem. Its too crazy. If the AA required 2 seconds of solid lock for the missiles to be precise, the pilot COULD choose to abort the run and peel off. That's FAIR. That's BALANCED.

What is going on now, is that AA requires less than 0.5 seconds of lock. Hop in, double click, 4 points. How fucking retarded and skill-less is THAT? A fucking trained MONKEY could do that. It really limits aerial warfare. I've yet to dogfight, but from the last TEN HOURS i've spent on BF nonstop, 5 on SP trying out the jets and 5 on MP actually playing, me and my mates have NO PROBLEMS taking down AA installations.
Ahem. "If only we could have 2 seconds to take off from the carrier and make it to the land, that'd be fair, it'd be balanced". Or how about. "If only we could have 2 seconds to hear that a plane is coming and run for cover before getting obliterated, that'd be fair, and balanced". And last "If only we could have a chance with AA against planes, it'd be fair, it'd be balanced".

I can remember many posts that basically reiterated these quotes of mine and the answer from all pilots was "Deal with it, you guys just suck" or "Spawn somewhere else" or "Your planes can take us down"... well our planes could never take off the fucking runway AND we never had any other fucking points!

The scales have been tilted the other way and all I can say is, all of us non pilots are enjoying the break. I agree that it might've gone too far... expect AA to be tweaked in the next patch... but until then "Deal with it fellas, it's here to stay"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard