Aid the UK with military force.15%15% - 10
Aid the UK with supplies.1%1% - 1
Aid Canada with military force.30%30% - 20
Aid Canada with supplies.10%10% - 7
Remain neutral41%41% - 27
Total: 65
IRONCHEF
+385|6508|Northern California
I'm thinking Canadian rule is a better northern influence than Brittish rule.  Besides, Britain has had their turn raping and running other countries.

Incidentally, where the HELL did this poll idea come from?  lol  Couldn't you think of something more realistic like North Korea invading the south again?
Samurai
+1|6196
None of you know squat… the US has interest in Canadian oil, the UN would step in before anyone even thought of it, on top of that everyone from the Military community already knows the Canadians would hand the Brits their ass, just as they did the Americans way back when.  Need I mention 4 Canadian generals lead the US forces into Iraq…the greatest military minds come from Canada, eh!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5979|Washington DC

Ghandi767 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Why would we invade canada? We already own it, we'd be using it as a staging area to invade the US and reclaim what is rightfully ours.
You do realize you'd be owned about 200x as hard as you were in 18th Century?
Careful, they might invoke "OMG BUT THE FRENCH"... I'm surprised when I mention the Battle of NOLA that they don't talk about the Barbary pirates that helped Jackson

But yeah, I don't know who they'd side with. UK is a long ally of the US, but for all we know they'll go to Canada, then America, then Mexico, then the world
Ghandi767
+17|6640|Hanging in the Balance

Samurai wrote:

None of you know squat… the US has interest in Canadian oil, the UN would step in before anyone even thought of it, on top of that everyone from the Military community already knows the Canadians would hand the Brits their ass, just as they did the Americans way back when.  Need I mention 4 Canadian generals lead the US forces into Iraq…the greatest military minds come from Canada, eh!
1. Canada might hold out, but in a straight out fight (IE if UK managed to secure a foothold) they'd get their asses kicked.

2. UN doesnt do shit

3. WRT Canadian Generals and Iraq; dude off the crack...

Last edited by Ghandi767 (2008-01-30 14:00:27)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Why would we invade canada? We already own it, we'd be using it as a staging area to invade the US and reclaim what is rightfully ours.
Ever hear of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_%281783%29
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6560|Texas - Bigger than France
I think we'd have to wipe them both out...we called dibs.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6363|Twyford, UK

Poseidon wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Ever hear of this?

No, but we still own Canada as part of the commonwealth.
Ghandi767
+17|6640|Hanging in the Balance
No. Canada can do whatever it wants. And if you tried to take them or the US it wouldnt work.

Thread done?

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Distract Canada with Tim Horton's and Molson.
[email protected]
+28|6242

Aries_37 wrote:

Canada would have lost before the US even realised there was a war going on.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6271|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I would have to say that the Americans would aid the Canadians, purely for a Military objective. I am a soldier myself in the Uk armed forces, but if I were an American General, I would think Canada is too much of a decent foothold to invade America.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Canada is our number one trading partner. That should just about answer that question.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6379|Vancouver

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Ever hear of this?

Canada does still bow to your monarch.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England

Drakef wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I think that's so fucked up tbh. You got your independence, why still act like a bitch. You don't see the US or India or much of Africa doing that.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6379|Vancouver

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I think that's so fucked up tbh. You got your independence, why still act like a bitch. You don't see the US or India or much of Africa doing that.
There is a weak movement to sever the Crown from Canada, in the establishment of a republic, but it has too little power and too little support. Definitely not along the lines of Australia, which actually had a referendum on the issue, did they not? Most Canadians see little effect from having the British monarchy as the official ruling party of the nation. Too much political disinterest and apathy is mostly the cause. Many people simply do not take a stance on the issue because it would not change the country too much.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
I guess it boils down to a sense of national pride.
shadowkila
+26|6428|Canada
Just fight you guys Al-queda style,that should send you running back home. 
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
I'd stick a lawn chair on the boarder and watch.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Fear_ofthe_Dark
+2|6406
we'd be with the UK because we need Canada's oil.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

That's because Indians and Africans are too busy killing each other to care.
PureFodder
+225|6303
My guess is the US would invade Canada too and do a whole lot of annexation. A major trading partner is all well and good, but owning the place is better.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

This thread...

It's like asking what your brain would do if your kidneys invaded your liver.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

blademaster wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

They would obviously aid Canada with military force. The UK would, rightly, be perceived as the country in the wrong (as the aggressor).
I think U.S. has stronger ties to U.K. than to Canada. When U.S. goes to bomb some country U.K. tags along all the times and vise versa most of the time.
Americans see Canadians as the guys that got scared during the revolution and decided to kiss royal ass.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
im joking
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

They would obviously aid Canada with military force. The UK would, rightly, be perceived as the country in the wrong (as the aggressor).
I think U.S. has stronger ties to U.K. than to Canada. When U.S. goes to bomb some country U.K. tags along all the times and vise versa most of the time.
Americans see Canadians as the guys that got scared during the revolution and decided to kiss royal ass.
I gotta go with the Canadians. When civilization is destroyed I'm going to need some advice from Les Stroud.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard