HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6729|Germany
Nevermind, arguing with you most of guys is like reading Hemingway to a bunch of cows. Pointless.

@ ig : And again your comments to a thread are as usful as a crying baby in movie theater.
"He knows everything"  What did you tell me the last time ? "GTFO you know nothing about me !"
Maybe take some of your own medicine before you prescribe it to other people.
jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

HellHead wrote:

Nevermind, arguing with you most of guys is like reading Hemingway to a bunch of cows. Pointless.

@ ig : And again your comments to a thread are as usful as a crying baby in movie theater.
"He knows everything"  What did you tell me the last time ? "GTFO you know nothing about me !"
Arguing generally is pointless, regardless of how intelligent the people arguing are.

You need to get it into your thick skull that just not everybody likes team play. Not everybody likes running around in a revive fest, and if they do, they join a clan. You were in the Eu team or whatever, fine. Doesn't mean everyone else should be, or wants to be.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6019|Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm not enough of a heli fan to go solo, but I am trying to get my hours up, so I've been flying the apache alot

The gunner seat on that thing seems glitchy as hell though...TVs do the double reload regularly, or just won't fire, and the camera view often sticks when you go back to the cannon, so you can't see shit

Rather have the buggy apache than the POS Hind though, lol...
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6542

HellHead wrote:

you just take this shit too seriously. lighten up a bit; it's healthy.
Laika
+75|5964
Firstly, a good soloer beats a good pilot and a moron gunner anyday. If Im on the ground, I could give a shit about whether or not the person/people in the helo is/are teamplayers. I care about not having to deal with tanks and enemy helos. As long as the other team is denied the use of their armor and helo, Im happy.

And I feel the opposite as the OP. I seem to miss more often and run into more glitches when Im just gunner. BF2 is whack.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6370|Iowa...

cablecopulate wrote:

It's not that when I go solo I miss more, but I run into amazing technical difficulties when I do. I run into more double reloads. I encounter more misfires. I run into an alternate misfire where it acts like a regular misfire, but instead, when I switch back to pilot I see the missile take off. My favorite is when I switch to gunner but it doesn't switch to tv mode. That one might be me messing up, but I'm not so sure. My second favorite is that I get into TV mode with no problem but it just won't fire at all. When I solo with the Havoc (my least favorite thing to do), I run into the problem of not being able to get into TV mode. I swear it takes half a second longer to be ready to click TV mode in that thing.
maybe you just suck.
cablecopulate
+449|6758|Massachusetts.
I don't think so Tim.
BlackyCarmichael
Snipe ya face
+4|6016|Mass.

Markooo*Est wrote:

whats the point?
lol +1
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5956|New York
Eh, I get bored of soloing real quick. I tend to have more fun with a gunner/pilot(even if they are not so good).  I'll add you to xfire if you need a pilot, I'm always trying to find people to fly with for af/ef /sf whenever tomhanks(<3) is not on.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6542

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't think so Tim.
o snap, he called u tim
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6652|949

The worst glitch is the one where you guide the opposing TV missile.

Never really had a problem with soloing, except for when everyone and their mom bitches at you for it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6344|New Haven, CT
I love soloing choppers because killing them with AA is so much easier its sad. No one dropping flares or juking while a TV missile is heading toward you.
Godless
+13|5959

nukchebi0 wrote:

I love soloing choppers because killing them with AA is so much easier its sad. No one dropping flares or juking while a TV missile is heading toward you.
Then those people soloing are fail tbh.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6242|Finland
I dont have that many problems with single tv-ing but i still prefer to have good pilot or gunner than doing it all alone
cablecopulate
+449|6758|Massachusetts.
For two days, I couldn't get someone in the chopper with me to save my life. Yesterday people were coming out of the woodwork to do it. I can't handle more than two women at once, how does one expect me to handle more than two chopper whores at once?
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6627|Parainen, Finland
Soloing is like feeding the geese!!!!!!!

You can have it precisely like you want and fire when you want from the right position!!!!

The only way to get it well done with a partner is having one you have been doing IT with for a long time!!!
Like flying with DonFck for example, he knows the score!!!!
Trying to achieve a bigger score alone than flying with him is not possible...
But for those lonely moments soloing is the shit!!!!
Übermensch
+2|5954|Canada
Those bugs don't occur only when I'm soloing, but more when I have a pilot to be honest. Now that I think about it, it hasn't been happening much and the only bug I've had to worry about is when you shoot and it won't fire, but all I need to do it switch back quickly and then back into tv mode and it'll work.

I prefer soloing most of the time when I'm not playing with a friend who I know can fly. I find myself just sitting there shaking my head watching in a different camera setting at the other heli lining us up and I'm sitting there trying to type to my pilot; "DUDE, HELI BEHIND U-" *Bye-bye*. I know, I really need a headset. xD
Drexel
+43|6496|Philadelphia

oChaos.Haze wrote:

HellHead wrote:

jord wrote:

Not everyone is into the whole "team" thing. I bought the game to shoot people. drive cars at 60MPH into Chinamen, and fly around bombing shit.

It's a first person shooter firstly, and a team game secondly.
Well, why don´t you download a single-player mod then, put the bots on "expert" and call it a day. This way you won´t annoy people who actually
like playing the game as a Team game.
By the way, that´s what I do too. If I´m not in the mood for online I just fire up AIX for example, act like a total asshole and have my "ego shooter"
fun.
"Waaaaah Waaaah it's a team game".  Stop crying for a second and realize how LITTLE sense you just made.

I just LOVE how it never occurs to guys like this that it can be better for the team.  There are many more shitty heli gunners than there are good ones.  I'd rather have the one good one on my team, and the 2 shitty ones can go to the other team. 

LOGIC FTW....
I agree with you that a solo-chopper guy can help the team.  Hell, I've defended multiple flags from being capped by infantry.  That peninsula (can't remember how to spell it) I can defend every flag all the time.

But generally speaking, this sort of attitude that give soloers a bad name because you judge someone as a bad gunner before they even get in your chopper because of a silly little rank they have, or if they miss their first shot for some reason and you die.  I'm a damn good gunner now that I finally fixed my computer, and when I get on my new account, people will redline me/TK me out without even seeing what I can do.  So I wait for the chopper again, and again until they get so pissed off that they want to see how bad I am to e-rape me.  It's funny how many of them never speak again in chat once they see what I can do.

Last edited by Drexel (2008-01-30 08:57:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard